[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

Awesome mod, allas my core duo only has 1 Gig of RAM, so I guess it is not a bug when I get a Memory failure after the graphics of units and improvments turn black..:mad:
I'll have to wait until I upgrade or change my PC:cry:

Black graphics is cured by alt+tabbing from civ and back. MAFs are not an issue on 64bit operating systems.

Awesome mod, allas my core duo only has 1 Gig of RAM, so I guess it is not a bug when I get a Memory failure after the graphics of units and improvments turn black..:mad:
I'll have to wait until I upgrade or change my PC:cry:

My mama told me that her computer (the computer I used until last christmas) only have 1 Gb of RAM. But the loadingtime between the turns was verry long. In the time of the developement of naval mines (whitch I priored that time, so I got it verry early), the loading times could be maby 5 minutes! But I know it's possible using "low-ram" The processor was a 1,92 Ghz.

:badcomp: :badcomp: :badcomp:

Poisonous gas

As the stupid history-reader I am, I last weekend got another idea of weapons in the civilization.

The weapon i Think about is poisonous gas. In every "realistic" games, nuclear weapons in a self-evident continuation of the warfare. Seen in a historic perspective, cemical and biological warfare have been even a bigger part of the warfare.

Here's some examples;
The westfront in the first world war, the germans, andl later the other countries too, used phosgene, chlorine, mustard gas and so on. In the beging it was spread by the wind, but later by artillery
In the second world war Hitler hided, but, lucky is, didn't used, the nerve gas sarin, in case of the allied would use gas against them.
Saddam Hussein used mustard gas, sarin and tabun. This time spread by aircraft.
Mostly of the big countries, and bigger warfigthing countries have gas in their arsenal, and have been preppared for using it since the beginning of the last century.

Biological weapons have been used for more than 2500 years, but was not used the same way.

In total realism gas would be used a comparable way as tactical nuclear weapons.
- It casuses high collateral dammage
- The more modern troops are, the better they can mannage the attacks
- The developement of gas will be in the not far from the time of rifleing.
- Attack against a city will decrease the poppulaion, but there'll be a limit how low it can be.
- Spread buy atrillery and aircraft.
- Huge effects on international poppularity
- Cheap
I agree, gas attacks/bio attacks would be a great addition to this game. I think the negative diplomatic effects would have to be equal to that of using a nuclear weapon.

PS I love this mod and can't wait for the bts version. A huge thank you to the entire Total Realism team!

Sounds an interesting idea...lets see.

Guys, you are aware you are posting in an old thread and the patch for Warlords 2.2.1 has been released yesterday? With that patch you get the most balanced and stable version until Bts.

Go and post in that thread and vote for it too. ;) It seems some people were really pissed off because of the delay hehe.

Why can't ships attack serveal times each round?
a single battleship or a single sub facing two small shipps should sink em all.

When Is Tr For Bts?

Except for strategic subs, all this is already in (and strategic subs aren't just because nukes and MAD aren't implemented very realistically in Civ, and there's no real point in them) - as well as early WWI subs.

I got a new rig and hopefully it will aloow me to run the latest Tr without and CTD's or black graphic bugs.

Its a Athlon 5000+ dual core, 4 gigs ram, GeForce 9800GTX 512MB, 2x 500 Gig SATA HDD, Vista Home Premium 64.

Has anyone been anly to play on asimilar system without problems? I heard that going to a 64 bit system eliminates the CTD and memory errors.

I don't know if the 512MB graphics card will eliminate the graphics truing black after playing a while.

Anyway I did start up a new custom game using a huge map a 8 civs. I'm running at 1650x1280 with high textures 2x AA

I don't know if the 512MB graphics card will eliminate the graphics truing black after playing a while.

I have more memory (8800 GTS 640 Mb), and it still happens - but this one is not really a problem, since alt+tabbing once in a while is all you need to cure it. 64bit systems do experience a lot fewer CTDs, and added system performance should also be a stability factor.

Why can't ships attack serveal times each round?
a single battleship or a single sub facing two small shipps should sink em all.
I took care of this in the Wolfshanze Mod with a special "Gunnery Control" promotion (replaces "Blitz" for ships)... available only to Pre-Dreadnoughts and later (essentially only ships with modern turreted guns).

This promotion (available only to pre-dreadnoughts and later) comes after the Combat-1 promotion, so it's not overly difficult to get for a modern ship (like Blitz is, which requires Combat-3 to even think about).

I made a special icon for it as well... you're more then welcome to borrow it (the code and icon) from the Wolfshanze Mod... it's really nice to see a modern turreted warship tear through multiple wooden ships in a single turn. The promotion itself isn't overpowering, since it's nearly useless against similar combat-worthy vessels... a single engagement (battleship to battleship) would leave the survivor to weak to fight another battleship, but it works well against old wooden ships that wouldn't give a modern battleship much worry.

I also implemented Damage Control and AA Upgrades for modern ships too... and an "Age" system which prevents really old ships from destroying much more modern vessels (less occurances of frigates sinking battleships for example).

I took care of this in the Wolfshanze Mod with a special "Gunnery Control" promotion (replaces "Blitz" for ships)... available only to Pre-Dreadnoughts and later (essentially only ships with modern turreted guns).

This promotion (available only to pre-dreadnoughts and later) comes after the Combat-1 promotion, so it's not overly difficult to get for a modern ship (like Blitz is, which requires Combat-3 to even think about).

I made a special icon for it as well... you're more then welcome to borrow it (the code and icon) from the Wolfshanze Mod... it's really nice to see a modern turreted warship tear through multiple wooden ships in a single turn. The promotion itself isn't overpowering, since it's nearly useless against similar combat-worthy vessels... a single engagement (battleship to battleship) would leave the survivor to weak to fight another battleship, but it works well against old wooden ships that wouldn't give a modern battleship much worry.

I also implemented Damage Control and AA Upgrades for modern ships too... and an "Age" system which prevents really old ships from destroying much more modern vessels (less occurances of frigates sinking battleships for example).

Yes, we also implemented a kind of "age system" in TR, which makes obsolete ships almost worthless in combat. Your ideas on "Gunnery Control" and "Damage Control" seem very nice too. Will probably implement those. I was also thinking about improved armor plating upgrades that would raise overall strength of modern ships, while lowering their mobility.

Yes the 64bit OS is a big step forward. :) but the best that can help is the BTS base...which will come. one day. :)

Looking forward to the BtS version. Will converting to slavery and cracking the whip get you guys to crank out the BtS version faster? ;)

Yes, we also implemented a kind of "age system" in TR, which makes obsolete ships almost worthless in combat. Your ideas on "Gunnery Control" and "Damage Control" seem very nice too. Will probably implement those. I was also thinking about improved armor plating upgrades that would raise overall strength of modern ships, while lowering their mobility.
I only give either to modern ships (Pre-Dreadnought and above)... Gunnery Control is like "Blitz" but easier to get, "Damage Control" is essentially a naval version of "March". Both have custom icons of course.

Top Bottom