New Version - 4.14.1 (July 21, 2024)

That is not true now: Tactical AI thinks more on higher difficulties. Like a chess engine.

Also, the difficulty is more evenly spread now. If im not wrong, before once you got out of the early eras the AIs couldnt compete, but right now the AI will challenge you until the end of the game. It is much better.

If you are not there, go up to immortal or deity, it gets really fun (dont think too much about the bonus the AI gets, as long as you are enjoying the challenge)
I just wish there was a difficulty selection that only affects ai

You can play Prince and then set the AI depth parameters to those of deity, for example.
Or vice-versa go into DifficultyChanges.sql and reduce the handicaps for higher difficulties.

I warn you though, the improved combat/planning/etc. AI is meaningless if they can't keep up with you in tech.
It's domestic play is not as good as the average player because we have a policy strategy and they don't, for example.

"Every other" could also just be replaced with "alternating." So "Gain 1 free social policy in the Classical Era, and in alternating eras afterward."

it is grammatically correct and 100% unambiguous
It's not unambiguous, because it could mean eras 1, 3, 5 instead.

Listing the eras is fine imho, because *that* would be gramatically correct, 100% unambiguous and not that long, because there is only few of them.

Listing the eras is fine imho, because *that* would be gramatically correct, 100% unambiguous and not that long, because there is only few of them.
how would you gain a free policy on entering the ancient era?

It starts being wrong with the EE mod.

You should be able to tell that you will get one in classical by the fact that you dont get one from the start. Getting one on turn 1 would be so ridiculously OP in conjunction with ALSO getting more later, getting a free policy on turn 1 is arguably stronger than getting all the other ones combined.

You should be able to tell that you will get one in classical by the fact that you dont get one from the start. Getting one on turn 1 would be so ridiculously OP in conjunction with ALSO getting more later, getting a free policy on turn 1 is arguably stronger than getting all the other ones combined.
Sure, yet it doesn't change the fact that the description is ambiguous. You select a civ before you start a game.

Yes, but no one has a problem with Gandhi gaining a pantheon on turn one, that can be argued can change the game. Tutelary Gods (which all civs seem to hone in on) & God of war (if on war footing) can gain any civ/player great advantage and start.

Yes, but no one has a problem with Gandhi gaining a pantheon on turn one, that can be argued can change the game. Tutelary Gods (which all civs seem to hone in on) & God of war (if on war footing) can gain any civ/player great advantage and start.
Try t1 spirit of the desert/god of nature if you have the land for it ...

Try t1 spirit of the desert/god of nature if you have the land for it ...
I have had those two at times, but as you say have to be in right conditions. All I mean is Gandhi can gain a very big advantage with that Pantheon, if he picks the right one for his situation.

Potential bug (not only in this version) - I always play with enabled "Randomized Victories", but I've got only "Diplomatic Victory" in my games...

Attachments

• Victories.jpg
    Victories.jpg
    826 KB · Views: 46
  • Diplomatic.jpg
    Diplomatic.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
The problem with puppets not working any tiles other than the tiles immediately adjacent to the city is still present in this version

"Every other" could also just be replaced with "alternating." So "Gain 1 free social policy in the Classical Era, and in alternating eras afterward."
Or maybe "Gain 1 free policy starting in the Classical Era, and every second era after"

Top Bottom