[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

All greet.
Please prompt as in Total Realism 2.1 play on the other card. And than open "TR_Units_2.1.fpk".

All greet.
Please prompt as in Total Realism 2.1 play on the other card. And than open "TR_Units_2.1.fpk".

What's your native language? (уж не русский ли?) Our team is very multilingual, we can have someone who speaks it. If not, are you asking if you can play TR on other maps, and how to get units stored in .fpk file?

Graphics turning black is more likely due to ATI Radeon, or something like that. It happened all the time in vanilla CIV to me, especially after middle ages when there is much more graphics to process. The only cure I know of is pressing the "start" button which takes you to desktop, and then back to game (ALT-TAB works the same). It seems that by doing so graphics get properly refreshed.

Hailas

Not just ATI. NVIDIA GeForce 6100 AND 7590 GX2 - awesome card!!! - as well. Soooo.... dunno. I just don't play vanilla anymore.... Realism is just toooooo good ! When the black graphic of death runs wild I just bug out and reeeeeload. Be nice if y'all could fix it tho'.

Unfortunately, black textures not our bug, it's civ engine bug, so we can't fix it, only Firaxis can. I must admit that I never ran into it myself (Nvidia user, 7900 and 8800), but you definitely should try just alt+tabbing instead of reloading game. It might help, and it's a lot quicker.

please give me some screens of black units, buildings, etc.
and if possible, not only of TR but also of vanilla, warlords and other...

I did not gain blackies for a long time... just 1 time with a foreign tank model, so i hve not for my own... and give me your system configuration (OS, RAM, GraphicCard, etc.) and what version of civ4 and mod the screen is from.

With this new build I am getting an xml parsing error when I attemp to start the game. Normal play works just fine and the previous RM for Warlords worked fine as well.

Any ideas? Any one else had this?

Blackening never happened to me with vanilla, warlords or TR 2.0. Experienced it for the first time with TR 2.1
First the ice turned, then the units and a few turns later the city walls. I have no svg to make a screenshot, it does not happen very frequently.

I have had the "blackening" as well but after a short time my graphics driver will apparently fix it automatically (I am on a very new Vista machine).

One other issue - is it possible to manually change the strengths of the "revolting peasant" units? I absolutely love the mod as a whole but think this aspect is way overpowered. Some AI civs do not seem to be able to deal with them and have their territory more or less constantly devastated.

But worse, when you get to the industrial age the RP's have a strength of TWENTY-FOUR!?!?! (I see this while being an estimated 60 turns away from being able to build a tank unit with a strength greater than this).

I am seeing these revolters capturing big cities from the AI civs and that just seems totally out of whack. They shouldn't be 24 strength when the best anyone else is doing is about the 12-strength grenadier. (I am thinking about 8 would be a better value for the peasants)

One other issue - is it possible to manually change the strengths of the "revolting peasant" units? I absolutely love the mod as a whole but think this aspect is way overpowered. Some AI civs do not seem to be able to deal with them and have their territory more or less constantly devastated.

But worse, when you get to the industrial age the RP's have a strength of TWENTY-FOUR!?!?! (I see this while being an estimated 60 turns away from being able to build a tank unit with a strength greater than this).

I am seeing these revolters capturing big cities from the AI civs and that just seems totally out of whack. They shouldn't be 24 strength when the best anyone else is doing is about the 12-strength grenadier. (I am thinking about 8 would be a better value for the peasants)

Revolter units should become gradually stronger and more dangerous with each new tech era (to make "exploitation" civics less viable later on), but 24 does seem a bit too much. It will be adjusted in the patch (which is probably coming out quite soon).

Revolter units should become gradually stronger and more dangerous with each new tech era (to make "exploitation" civics less viable later on), but 24 does seem a bit too much. It will be adjusted in the patch (which is probably coming out quite soon).

Excellent. If I may, I would like offer the opinion that 3 is a bit high for the ancient revolters. A lot of people are at the Warrior level of military once "slavery" becomes available. 1 or at most 2 makes more sense to me, but in any event I stand behind my overall praise of your fine work.

Excellent. If I may, I would like offer the opinion that 3 is a bit high for the ancient revolters. A lot of people are at the Warrior level of military once "slavery" becomes available. 1 or at most 2 makes more sense to me, but in any event I stand behind my overall praise of your fine work.

Slavery becomes available with the very same tech that enables strength 4 shortswordsmen and, if you have copper, strength 5 axemen. So it seems to me fine as it is now.

My game constantly crashes.. Some error message with the camecoredll file comes up everytime. Incredible annyoing.

This is the Total realism mod v 1.05. Have the problem been up before and is there a simple way to fix it?

I had all but given up on civ 4 until I played this mod, its got me hooked on the game again, or it did until..

Yep, I'm gonna complain, the unit graphics all turn black at some random point in the game and for me thats the game over.
I don't really want to start up another game and put in the time because I know its gonna happen again.

Can it be fixed?
Its seems such a shame for a small glitch like that to ruin all your good work.

(This dosn't really bother me but I thought I'd mention it to yis anyway. I still get white flags even though I've added the white flag 'extra' install when I'm playing on random maps).

Apart from that, great job lads. :)

Slavery becomes available with the very same tech that enables strength 4 shortswordsmen and, if you have copper, strength 5 axemen. So it seems to me fine as it is now.

the way slavery worked was fine by me even with 2.0 and having finished my first game with 2.1 I think it has become even better. Yeah I did a day and nightshift, had trouble with my woman but women will never now or understand...:sad:
When I run the slavery system I must make sure to have enough troops at home to put the whip to the people. That way I will have a strong military and can rush any buildings at the same time. It is brutal and ugly but works fine. :king:
And when there comes a time when a slave with strength 24 sticks his sword in my belly I will know: I have just met Spartacus. :eek:

@ gael

Mentionaed many times in previous(?) page.
Vanilla games have black textures as well, but since TR has over 10 times more units, black textures can happen 10 times faster, visable in turn after turn 300.

I had all but given up on civ 4 until I played this mod, its got me hooked on the game again, or it did until..

Yep, I'm gonna complain, the unit graphics all turn black at some random point in the game and for me thats the game over.
I don't really want to start up another game and put in the time because I know its gonna happen again.

Can it be fixed?
Its seems such a shame for a small glitch like that to ruin all your good work.

(This dosn't really bother me but I thought I'd mention it to yis anyway. I still get white flags even though I've added the white flag 'extra' install when I'm playing on random maps).

Apart from that, great job lads. :)

Have you tried NOT adding white flag extra? B/c if everything works fine, adding it CAUSES white flags. :)

As for black textures - once again, unfortunately that's a "won'tfix", as it's an integral part of engine. The only thing we can do is to reduce overall unit numbers (and we might - as a new unit support system is already in discussion), but it won't happen soon.

My game constantly crashes.. Some error message with the camecoredll file comes up everytime. Incredible annyoing.

This is the Total realism mod v 1.05. Have the problem been up before and is there a simple way to fix it?

Anyone please? The problem seem to happen in a different situation everytime, or at least I havent been able to see what makes it happen. Is there anything you guys need to know about the problem to help me fix it?

Top Bottom