• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Modern Times: a new GMR game?

Sorry this may be a stupid question. I can't download because I forget my password for steam. lol It has auto logged in for past 2 years. Any idea how to find out what it is??

I think you need email address and the password will send to your email.

Ok downloaded!!! just a big blank black page atm. I assume if I had games running it would show them there? Whats the next step:)

steam id: carlsbrawnson

download the appilication from the website-->input your email address in the settings-->join a game either by invitation or join a public game in the GMR website-->once the game launched and it's your turn click the game in the GMR app 'play this game'--> civ 5 launches -->multiplayer -->hotseat-->load games --> load the 'Play this One'-->remember to click 'next turn' and the Civ5 auto closes-->submit turns and done!

Did you set up the email address in GMR app? That's important.

My vote on nukes is to allow them, since we now have shelters to limit their impact.

My civ pick is America...B17s....

However I also favor randomising these civ picks.

I think plain old continents for this map, unless we want to try fractal. Terra too tight, strange long term setup, etc.

Some suggested the game is casual, not competitive. Civ is always competitive. Civs will likely be killed. Don't take it personal, or if that doesn't compute, don't join! :)

That said, I'm prepared to expand to 7 players to get carls in the game, but I'd rather not do 8. Also thinking not to optimise the turn order....will be my 8th game...I have enough turns coming fast enough! Maybe randomise that too. Now, those two statements are at odds, aren't they? So heck, if an 8th player wants in, post away! :D

added e-mail. Is in game password necessary?

I say nukes are fine unless strategic balance is in place so we all get the other resources.

Hard to choose a civ there is soooo many now so random is ok there too:)

But idm picking.

added e-mail. Is in game password necessary?

I say nukes are fine unless strategic balance is in place so we all get the other resources.

Hard to choose a civ there is soooo many now so random is ok there too:)

But idm picking.

Password is not necessary.

Friendly tips: pick musket UU or rifleman UU civs, or bonus oil or bonus uranium. You don't want to play Aztec when you can't build jaguar, do you?:p

Everyone picks a civ, then we randomise. Sensible picks please. :).

Good point if we start industrial then muskets are useless as-well right?

Another question. What happens if i got to the cottage for the weekend? I assume ai takes my turns but am I then out of the game? Or can I return after missing 3 turns?

Nice choice, wish I can get it as well :) What's your vote on nukes? :nuke::scan:

Thanks, I'm OK with nukes, since we have the shelter now.

Some suggested the game is casual, not competitive. Civ is always competitive. Civs will likely be killed. Don't take it personal, or if that doesn't compute, don't join! :)

Oh, I totally get that. I guess I see it like the difference between an ultra-competitive softball league, and a beer-league softball. In both games, someone's gotta win, and someone's gotta lose. But in the ultra-competitive, they're hardcore about winning, whereas the beer-league is mostly about having fun and socializing.

At any rate, I fully expect to be wiped out or assimilated, and am perfectly fine with that. :nuke: :borg: :goodjob:

Another question. What happens if i got to the cottage for the weekend? I assume ai takes my turns but am I then out of the game? Or can I return after missing 3 turns?

You assume correctly, if you put yourself in "vacation mode," the AI will take your turn. I don't believe you're penalized for that; I could be wrong.

Skipping your turn is technically different in that you're not on vacation, you just forget (or procrastinate) and don't take your turn. At which point the AI will take your turn for you, once the timer has expired. It's up to the host as to how many skipped turns you're allowed before you get booted from the game.

Good point if we start industrial then muskets are useless as-well right?

On the contrary, you get five musketmen at the start and you can build as many as musket UU you want by delaying riflemen. Imagine Ottoman with 5 or more his UU and the promotion carried over when upgraded. :eek: Not Spain though, the only musket UU that promotion not carried with upgrade.

Try 1 or 2 games into 10-20 turns and get the feeling:)

You assume correctly, if you put yourself in "vacation mode," the AI will take your turn. I don't believe you're penalized for that; I could be wrong.

I hope not because I will be going to the cottage one of the upcoming weekends:cool:

If it's a problem let me know idm:)

Thanks, I'm OK with nukes, since we have the shelter now.

Oh, I totally get that. I guess I see it like the difference between an ultra-competitive softball league, and a beer-league softball. In both games, someone's gotta win, and someone's gotta lose. But in the ultra-competitive, they're hardcore about winning, whereas the beer-league is mostly about having fun and socializing.

At any rate, I fully expect to be wiped out or assimilated, and am perfectly fine with that. :nuke: :borg: :goodjob:

I think This is beer league but eventually some civs will win or vanish but we all try to have fun in the game.

I hope not because I will be going to the cottage one of the upcoming weekends:cool:

If it's a problem let me know idm:)

Allow me to hijack the host's role for once more: just keep us posted in the forum and don't let us take too much advantage of the AI when you are away:lol:

Allow me to hijack the host's role for once more: just keep us posted in the forum and don't let us take too much advantage of the AI when you are away:lol:

Thanks EEl :) Add me in steam if you like (carlsbrawnson) maybe I can get a quick rundown from you about the operation. I'm not new to civ, so I don't see it as being a problem:D

I am for in-game resolutions abut nukes (means, we could sign some treaty eh?)
My civ picks will be original: i'll pick two and you will decide which you like most

Iroquois: top #1 ind production, Top #1 defence at capital at least
Denmark: Ski infantry, land-and-shoot invasion flavor, no movement cost to pillage

Thanks EEl :) Add me in steam if you like (carlsbrawnson) maybe I can get a quick rundown from you about the operation. I'm not new to civ, so I don't see it as being a problem:D

Added:)

@ slyvnn: I havnt played Ski infantry before, if I get Den I'd be happy to try it as well. Continent may use some of the watery feature. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom