Modern Warfare MOD

Another question, sorry about all of these :), where do bridges come in, for river crossings? Are they later up in the tech tree?

I cannot seem to find a download link anywhere. I am pretty interested in trying out this mod. Is it unreleased?

I have a feeling I am just blind.

Thanks for the help,
Cow

On a side note, for the unit and tech tree, it would be cool if you made the B-17 available with the Fighter tech, but in place of the old B-17 make it the B-29.

Fighter Tech? which tech do you mean?

Another question, sorry about all of these :), where do bridges come in, for river crossings? Are they later up in the tech tree?

must be "Construction" tech....:)

I cannot seem to find a download link anywhere. I am pretty interested in trying out this mod. Is it unreleased?

I have a feeling I am just blind.

Thanks for the help,
Cow

you have do download it from the modbrowser. then search for modern warfare mod v 4....

- nudden

Hey Guys,
i uploaded a screenshot from a little new "feature" in my mod. i recreated the helptexts from the units. now they give the player FULL and DETAILED information about the bonuses and deductions of the chosen unit. Hope you like it.

-nudden

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0019.jpg
    Civ5Screen0019.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 331
i love it
thanks for adding URUGUAY to the list of city state
View attachment 274279
this is a giant map can you help me puting the technologies to do
a industrial era, WW2 era ,and cold war era scenarios
thank you

i'll update to the next version when the next patch for CiV is available. There you'll find more modern city states (or minor nations) as well as a giant world map.

this is a giant map can you help me puting the technologies...

what exactly do you mean with this...?

-nudden

i need the technologies for every country (team)
in world builder you have to click in every tech (edit tech)
i know now i need to put start era industrial and does it
but i need help with buildings for every city

i need the technologies for every country (team)
in world builder you have to click in every tech (edit tech)
i know now i need to put start era industrial and does it
but i need help with buildings for every city

i didnt spend much time with the worldbuilder yet. so i think iam the wrong guy who can help you out with this. sorry.

-nudden

Hey Guys,
i uploaded a screenshot from a little new "feature" in my mod. i recreated the helptexts from the units. now they give the player FULL and DETAILED information about the bonuses and deductions of the chosen unit. Hope you like it.

-nudden

Completely disregarding the point of that post, I have a question about the special forces unit. Regarding the "is invisible" modifier, are there ways to detect invisible units?

The mod looks like it has great potential, keep it up.:goodjob:

Completely disregarding the point of that post, I have a question about the special forces unit. Regarding the "is invisible" modifier, are there ways to detect invisible units?

The mod looks like it has great potential, keep it up.:goodjob:

yep. there is a new upgrade line for the scout (scout-->explorer-->jeep-->humvee). the jeep and the humvee are able to detect the special forces units.

-nudden

Nice mod, has grown since I checked last.

3 questions:

1. Shouldn't you make some sort of modern era infantry? It seems kinda stupid that every infantry is "mechanized".

2. You said something about trading maps? How do you do this? Is it some sort of tech?

3. What major things do you want to add later?

I notice there appears to be a cap on workers. I am correct with this? Problem playing a huge map with lots of cities they can't seem to keep up with the improvements to stop starvation and such.
I suggest either up the number allowed (maybe by number of cities, 1 worker per 3 cities?) or reduce time to make improvements. I think reduce improvement time and up the cap slightly would work best for game play.

Also notice that I seemed to be able to jump to techs without what appears to be all the prerequisites.

Finally figured out what the modbrowser was..lol

Great MOD so far.. still playing through it.

Is there a way for CIV specific wonders that only one of that type can be build?
Example maybe: White House & Kremlin.. if Russia built the Kremlin it would lock out the White House if they gave the bonuses to the Americans. Hope that made sense.

Couldn't we have Bill Clinton instead Nixon?

Thank again for all your work...
GQ

1. Shouldn't you make some sort of modern era infantry? It seems kinda stupid that every infantry is "mechanized".

I thought about that too. Perhaps a little weaker than the mech inf but no need of oil? On the other hand i have plans to make a modern marine unit (upgrade for the marine). Perhaps this one can be the modern inf instead?

2. You said something about trading maps? How do you do this? Is it some sort of tech?

forget it. it was an option in the tech.xml. does not work. dont know why.

3. What major things do you want to add later?

v 5 will be a huge update. iam still waiting for the new patch. the big thing iam working on right now are resource convert buildings. i.e. an oil refinery which converts two oil into four fuel. for now we modder are unable to add new font icons to the toppanel. someone said it will possibly be fixed with the new patch.

I notice there appears to be a cap on workers. I am correct with this? Problem playing a huge map with lots of cities they can't seem to keep up with the improvements to stop starvation and such.
I suggest either up the number allowed (maybe by number of cities, 1 worker per 3 cities?) or reduce time to make improvements. I think reduce improvement time and up the cap slightly would work best for game play.

in v 5 i up the cap to 12. works much better. the reason for the cap was to simulate that bigger empires are harder to improve. did i describe it right:sad: hope so:mischief:

Also notice that I seemed to be able to jump to techs without what appears to be all the prerequisites.

any precision examples?

Is there a way for CIV specific wonders that only one of that type can be build?
Example maybe: White House & Kremlin.. if Russia built the Kremlin it would lock out the White House if they gave the bonuses to the Americans. Hope that made sense.

as far as i know...no. but i have plans for unique wonders.

Couldn't we have Bill Clinton instead Nixon?

no. i want cold war era leaders.

thx for giving feedback guys.

-nudden

I thought about that too. Perhaps a little weaker than the mech inf but no need of oil? On the other hand i have plans to make a modern marine unit (upgrade for the marine). Perhaps this one can be the modern inf instead?

forget it. it was an option in the tech.xml. does not work. dont know why.

v 5 will be a huge update. iam still waiting for the new patch. the big thing iam working on right now are resource convert buildings. i.e. an oil refinery which converts two oil into four fuel. for now we modder are unable to add new font icons to the toppanel. someone said it will possibly be fixed with the new patch.

in v 5 i up the cap to 12. works much better. the reason for the cap was to simulate that bigger empires are harder to improve. did i describe it right:sad: hope so:mischief:

any precision examples?

as far as i know...no. but i have plans for unique wonders.

no. i want cold war era leaders.

thx for giving feedback guys.

-nudden
Thanks for the response man. If I am correct, don't most militaries have marines and other infantry? Marines are usually some sort of special forces within countries. Such as the Royal Marines for the UK. Idk, more research is needed for it.

Thanks for the reply. I'll look back and start writing down stuff. Might be just the tech tree is a little cluttered and what looks to be needed maybe isn't.

I've only had CIV 5 for for about a week and though I've played CIV since #2 there is still a learning curve.

When land units covert to ships they are defenseless, but it appears you can't move them in the same tile as a naval unit to defend them. So how do you protect the land units when they are ships, they can't out run naval units so they are toast? Can we go back to loading and unloading or at least allow stacking with a naval unit for protection?

Units/Ideas that maybe should be added:
Musketman (single shot then bayonet) first gunpowder unit
Siege Tower: Takes away castle/wall bonus when attacking cities
To allow airlift of combat units require MAC (Military Airlift Command) to be build.

Thanks for the reply. I'll look back and start writing down stuff. Might be just the tech tree is a little cluttered and what looks to be needed maybe isn't.

nice. that helps a lot:goodjob:

When land units covert to ships they are defenseless, but it appears you can't move them in the same tile as a naval unit to defend them. So how do you protect the land units when they are ships, they can't out run naval units so they are toast? Can we go back to loading and unloading or at least allow stacking with a naval unit for protection?

this is nothing special from my mod. it was the design philosophy of firaxis. but on the other hand this is adressed in the upcoming patch this week. all embarked units will get a new defensive promotion, similar to the unique ability from the songhai civ. transport ships are much better in my opinion too, but i think it'll need a lot of reprogramming the AI to handle that stuff properly.

Units/Ideas that maybe should be added:
Musketman (single shot then bayonet) first gunpowder unit
Siege Tower: Takes away castle/wall bonus when attacking cities
To allow airlift of combat units require MAC (Military Airlift Command) to be build.

musketman: its something for the unitgraphic authors. nothing i can do about it. just wait for proper graphics.
siege tower: same here.
airlift: i might remember that there is an option for an airlift in the XMLs. i'll have a look.

-nudden

Top Bottom