[Modmodmod] RFC:Europe Extra Civs

Dear Morholt,
Just wanted to check if you already started to merge your modmod with beta 13? :drool: How long you think it would take? I hope you could fix Byzantium not feeling low stability bug along the way...

Apart from this, I've noticed a bug while I was playing Norway which forced me to restart the game, where the North American Access disappeared somewhere between 1000-1100 AD. Upon world buildering it back in, it did not give me the option to continue construction of Vinland.

Not a bug as such, since thats how it swings in rfce, since then you have to be quicker ... at worst you might accuse Morholt for not accounting for it with his reworking of Norse-Norway, and Miro not documenting it enough

First, I've compiled a list of civilizations I've noticed are rather strong or simply don't collapse within the usual times
There's a quite nasty bug in this version that prevents some civs from collapsing. Also the balance will change for next version regardless since it will incorporate RFCE Beta 13. Ottomans steamrolling everyone until 1700 is working as intended though! (Or do they make it to Paris?)

Apart from this, I've noticed a bug while I was playing Norway which forced me to restart the game, where the North American Access disappeared somewhere between 1000-1100 AD. Upon world buildering it back in, it did not give me the option to continue construction of Vinland.
Changed the disappearance date to 1250, the end of the medieval warm period. Not sure why it was 1050 to begin with? To sync with the UHV I guess but there's no reason Vinland could not be colonized in the 13th century.

Apart apart from this, I had a bug while I was playing as Germany and I was the HRE Emperor, where Burgundy declared war on me, whereupon both my vassals informed me they were out to get me and the entire HRE declared war on their beloved emperor. How dare them. After going back a few autosaves, I figured out the only way I could prevent it was to create a peace treaty by asking them to change civics the turn before, which completely prevented the event.
Thanks for the report, the HRE should be less glitchy for next version.

Apart apart apart from this, Bohemia as the AI seems incredibly weak. Upon spawning, both times I have playing this new patch, Bohemia has been auto at war with Poland, along with the HRE emperor (Cough Germany cough). This, both times has lead to the fall of Poland and Bohemia peace vassaling to Germany. I have also noticed, that when Bohemia spawns it does not flip the entire province of Bohemia, therefore Germany can settle inside the province as the HRE king, and block the first objective with impunity.
Also it seems I'll have to make the AI more willing to make peace within the Empire, it sometimes gets locked in endless civil war.

Dear Morholt,
Just wanted to check if you already started to merge your modmod with beta 13? :drool: How long you think it would take? I hope you could fix Byzantium not feeling low stability bug along the way...
I've been fixing the bugs that have been posted. Won't be able start merging until next week, unfortunately.

There's a quite nasty bug in this version that prevents some civs from collapsing. Also the balance will change for next version regardless since it will incorporate RFCE Beta 13. Ottomans steamrolling everyone until 1700 is working as intended though! (Or do they make it to Paris?)

No, they don't, but I find it odd that I'm supposed to take their capital off them as Venezia and Muscovites, attempting to resulted in an extremely long stalemate and the decision that getting 48% of the world would be an easier win.

It was a good decision.

But, I once again say, the biggest and most consistent problem I've had is that Cordoba never goes away. Spain always vassals it and invades Portugal.

if you notice, then Venezia have to nick it before Ottomans spawns ... and Moscow got only the end of the scenario to race against (and other options if so inclined)

if you notice, then Venezia have to nick it before Ottomans spawns ... and Moscow got only the end of the scenario to race against (and other options if so inclined)

Yeah, Venezia has a better chance, but all the time in the world isn't gonna give you any help against the massive force the Ottomans construct.

ran a game as Germany and noticed a WTF name ... the Danish name for the tile 1NW of the copper in Jutland is 'Lemvug' ... theres 2 things wrong with that ... firstly, the city i guess is aimed at is "Lemvig", secondly, the major city both nowadays and historically is "Holstebro"

could there please be a list somewhere with the order of protential Unions?

Playing as Lombardy right now. The year is 1254.

Great experience for the player. It really is a fun civ to play as.

I managed, barely, to complete the first goal. Thanks to the plague I was able to take Naples no contest, but in all of the games I've tried, Ravenna has never gotten the plague. Is that normal?

After that came a very interesting plot twist to the HRE. France declared war on Burgundy. Then Germany declared war on Burgundy. Then Germany asked me to declare war on Burgundy, so I did. Beaune and Vienne were conquered by France (with Lombard help). France and Germany now are really good friends with me now as the HRE is formed. I am elected Emperor. the first action I take is removing Provence form the empire, therefore eliminating Burgundy completely from the HRE for good.

From that day on, I have always been Emperor, so I dedcided to go for the 2nd part of the the 2nd UHV: Be the only state in the HRE in 1250. So, in 1242, I declared war on Germany and Bohemia. I had already taken Zena (Genova in Lombardy) because I didn't like Genoa being in my empire. In 1250 though, and I know Morholt has said that this UHV is bugged, it didn't give me the credit for being the only civ in the HRE.

As for the 3rd UHV: Have Genoa, Lombardy, and Venezia each be more powerful than Spain and Austria each. I took an unorthodox approach. Why help Genoa and Venezia when I could kill off Spain and Austria? Of course Austria hasn't spwaned yet, but Spain was easy to take over, thanks to a strong Cordoba. Spain was still the Kingdom of Leon, and when I captured a city I gave it to either the Aragonese, Cordobans, or Portugese. They collapsed after about 6 or 7 turns, but I stuck around to capture the independents so there is no chance that Spain will respawn. Planning to do the same to Austria.

ran a game as Germany and noticed a WTF name ... the Danish name for the tile 1NW of the copper in Jutland is 'Lemvug' ... theres 2 things wrong with that ... firstly, the city i guess is aimed at is "Lemvig", secondly, the major city both nowadays and historically is "Holstebro"

got another one with the Danish namemap ... 1sw of starting spot should be Odense

EDIT: and a third

Haithabu (2NW of Lubeck) should be renamed into Hedeby when Danish ... Hedeby is the danish name, while Haithabu is the german name (althrough Argubly the German name should rather be Schleswig, which was the major city in the area from 11th century onwards)

That's weird, I tried running RFCE++ Alpha 5 and it crashes during loading. Yes, I have RFCE Beta 12 without SVN updates.

In the python files there's one called UNIONS.py, I believe. There's no documentation with it, but you'll see a name and a year, along with a list of regions and civilizations involved.

LOLZ! I just had France and Germany collapse on the same turn, France lost it's last city Paris and then flipped some of Germany's cities!

Changed the disappearance date to 1250, the end of the medieval warm period. Not sure why it was 1050 to begin with? To sync with the UHV I guess but there's no reason Vinland could not be colonized in the 13th century.

Yeah, syncronizing with the UHV was the reason
But you guys are probably right on this, I will change this in vanilla RFCE too
The UHV will stay of course, but you will be able to build the colony until the end of the medieval warm period

Lombardy Feedback:

1st UHV almost impossible. The early plauge (which was designed to hit Byzantium only) inevitably transfers to Rome. Unfortuetly, you need open borders with the Pope to conquer Naples by the time the UHV date comes around. Thusly, any progress made is lost.

There's no way you can build two settlers that early with undeveloped cities.

Haven't gotten very far with this version of the modmodmod, will post more later.

Lombardy Feedback:

1st UHV almost impossible. The early plauge (which was designed to hit Byzantium only) inevitably transfers to Rome. Unfortuetly, you need open borders with the Pope to conquer Naples by the time the UHV date comes around. Thusly, any progress made is lost.

There's no way you can build two settlers that early with undeveloped cities.

Not impossible, just very highly improbable. I managed to stack every last unit I had to take Ravenna (which never gets the plague) and then started on settlers right after the plague. Naples had no units in it right after the plague, so that was easily conquered, and then I settled near Naples and in Verona two turns before the goal was due.

And on my previous post dealing with my Lombard game:

I got the 3rd UHV done. I took my stack of death (50+ Units) into Austria and clobbered them. Both Habsburgs were then dead, thus making sure they cannot have a higher score than an Italian state. Spain respawned in the late 1400's, but in the Balearic Islands. They became vassals of Aragon, and Cordoba is the Iberian powerhouse.

I also got tired of Genoa in the HRE, so I took back Zena (Genova for me). The Hussite War collapsed Bohemia in about 5 turns, so Germany and I are now (in 1500) the only members of the HRE.

Lombardy Feedback:

The early plauge (which was designed to hit Byzantium only) inevitably transfers to Rome.

Not so. Early Plague is designed to represent one of the greatest plagues in history -- Plague of Justinian. Byzantium was an epicenter but other places suffered as well:

The plagues' social and cultural impact during this period is comparable to that of the Black Death. In the views of 6th century Western historians, it was nearly worldwide in scope, striking central and south Asia, North Africa and Arabia,[citation needed] and Europe as far north as Denmark and as far west as Ireland. Genetic studies point to China being the primary source of the contagion.[1]

Top Bottom