[Modmodmod] RFC:Europe Extra Civs

Because K-Mod's spped fix is very specific. There's no reason they should conflict, because I honestly can't fathom Morholt or 3Miro even touching that area of the code before.

There are many speed mods. I even saw a mod that said it increases performance more than 50% (BtS on Speed). I don't know if each mod is based on the other, at least this mod doesn't give a hint in the introduction post. We should be careful to declare it a 'massive' improvement.

BTS on speed came with RFC, I believe it's in here as well.

I'm not sure you quite understand, though. Karadoc's speed fix was added just a few weeks ago, so he could feel the difference before and after. As can the rest of us.

I skimmed the threads, and it seems bts on speed is based on removing python calls - not useful here since RFCE relies heavily on Python.

K-mod otoh seems to be based on simplifying ai. I'll consider integrating it once we are in beta, if it doesn't make the ai too weird.

I skimmed the threads, and it seems bts on speed is based on removing python calls - not useful here since RFCE relies heavily on Python.

K-mod otoh seems to be based on simplifying ai. I'll consider integrating it once we are in beta, if it doesn't make the ai too weird.

I'm also quite interested in this
There may be some overlaps with RFCE's AI speed tweaks, but AFAIK many of them are new additions

Morholt, if you already plan to include this:
What if you directly implement it in RFCE?
RFCE++ will also get it of course, when you update it to the next Beta
And you would save me a lot of time...

I'll not include it for some time, but if I do I will backport it for sure.

Alright, it's cool.
Fortunately K-Mod is still continuously improving, so it may be better if we wait a little with it
Thanks!

The beta version is basically finished, I'll take a day or so to hunt down any remaining bugs.

And good news: I moved some of the HRE code into C++, so the Beta should be a bit faster than the last Alpha.

This is a pretty dead thread
Also, it's not even for the main mod, how did you find it? :)
Anyway, RFCE Extra Civs moved to another thread (link in the post above yours), under the name RFCE ++

Top Bottom