[Modmodmod] RFC:Europe Extra Civs

the crusaders never really had all that much of an interest in attacking Mecca any way organized ... their goal was simply to establish control over Jerusalem, and keep them free so pilgrims could travel there relatively safely

I like this mod's intent. Good luck with the project!

I thought of an idea that might be of use for Civ's located at the edge of the map. What if "projects" could represent Civ-wide efforts to conquer some area "off the map" (much like a colony but without the mandatory sea access). It would be Civ-specific and limited to a fixed time frame.

For example: Morocco invading Songhai Mali is the one I'm thinking of in particular. Perhaps others might be considered (something about Persia for whatever Civ controls the Levant, or Sudan/Kush/Meroe especially for the Civ holding the Nile Valley).

Rather than having the project completely eat up a single city's production, I was wondering if there couldn't be a way of draining a portion of all the cities production and gold within that Civ, plus a happiness penalty, for the duration of the project. It could part of a UHV as well. Just a thought.
The Songhai conquest makes sense, good idea! The Siberian/Sudanese conquests fall within the scope of regular RFC:E though, I would suggest it in the main playtesting thread.

everything worked well.
i played as pruBia, the 20 units per city, it was hard it was just two hundred turns of just re-selecting musket men to build. although getting hit with the plague around 1630 was a ball breaker. i would know what happened...but the game crashes with some bad memory allocation pop up.

everything worked well.
i played as pruBia, the 20 units per city, it was hard it was just two hundred turns of just re-selecting musket men to build. although getting hit with the plague around 1630 was a ball breaker. i would know what happened...but the game crashes with some bad memory allocation pop up.
Go into city menu then hold alt while selecting the unit and it will keep repeating building that unit.

everything worked well.
If you cannot build enough units for Prussia, you can just give some of your cities away, especially the northern ones since Prussia's stability there gets worse over time. The 17th century plague is not supposed to hit that early though! I'll modify the date for it a bit.

Do you have a save just before the crash? (Maybe in the autosaves/single folder?)

If you cannot build enough units for Prussia, you can just give some of your cities away, especially the northern ones since Prussia's stability there gets worse over time. The 17th century plague is not supposed to hit that early though! I'll modify the date for it a bit.

Do you have a save just before the crash? (Maybe in the autosaves/single folder?)

my last save was 50 years prior to the crash , so no big deal, yeah i found that loop hole and was "selling" cities, much easier to full five to six cities then ten, esp since right after 1640 i plan on marching back to war.
quality mod
quality

The Songhai conquest makes sense, good idea! The Siberian/Sudanese conquests fall within the scope of regular RFC:E though, I would suggest it in the main playtesting thread.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, but last I checked, the RFCE map stops halfway through Lower Egypt. It does not display Upper Egypt, let alone the Sudan region. :confused:

As a matter of fact, the unification of Upper and Lower Egypt is another such off-map conquest that could be added (edit: the time period would be wrong of course--never mind that last one).

Attachments

• RFCE_Map.JPG
    RFCE_Map.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 151
What I meant is that this is not a "stuff" mod, I do not want to add anything that does not directly relate to the new civs. It is a good idea though and if you post it in the main playtesting thread it might get added to main RFC:E.

I tryed to load aragon but game crashes in the spawn.

Edit:Actually is RFC:E which crashes
Edit2:Regular BtS and RFC:Marathon work fine but RFC:E and SoI crash :(

This is very cool, Do you plan to upgrade it to beta12?
As for civ's I always think southern italy is too quite. Why not add the Kingdom of Naples or Kingdom of Sicily? (I am not really sure what would be the better choice)

Yes, a version for beta 12 will be released soonish featuring Morocco, Tunisia, Scotland, and Sultanate of Rum. I've been running into some crashiness late game while adding all these civs - crossing my fingers that it's something I can fix.

Yes, a version for beta 12 will be released soonish featuring Morocco, Tunisia, Scotland, and Sultanate of Rum. I've been running into some crashiness late game while adding all these civs - crossing my fingers that it's something I can fix.

Check Barbs.py

You want to disable the "Minor Civ" mechanics as they will conflict with your playable nations. Also, the C++ was updated in the svn, you should get the new code and recompile the .dll. I added some new code for the religion founding to get Protestantism to appear with the Printing Press in the Tech three.

This looks awesome. I was going suggest Serbia - Bulgaria gets too strong. Edit: Never mind, I'm starting now.

Okay, I think Aragon's start is sort of ridiclous. If Spain found San Sebastian you are forced to invade if you want to build Pamplona. Either Aragon should actually flip to Aragon, or Spain shouldn't settle there.

Spain's settlermap is tweaked so that you should always get the iron and copper. The Aragon province is a bit odd since it includes Navarra which was never a part of the Aragonese Crown - which is why you're not required to control all of Aragon until UHV3.

I have been considering strengthening Aragon though, as AI they never seem to be able to conquer Valencia.

Maybe I'll run another spawn. But the ideal capital is 1N of where you spawn, and you can build there is San Sebastian is there.

I've been playing Aragon for the last few days. There are a few roblem I've encountered:

-3 out of 4 of the starts I tried were unplayable due to spain already controling Valencia and Barcelona, ideally you want Cordoba to control these, so you don't run into war agaist spain early on. Also with spain being around for so long I had some problems containing their borders arround Zaragoza leading to the lost of the iron and copper. A possible solution would be an earlier start, Borrell II reign (2nd half of 10th century) could be a good choice since he was the first count of Barcelona to become independent of the Frankish Kingdom.

-Sulfur could be made more easly available. The only one you can take is in Sicily but outside the BFT of Palermo, which is quite anoying, since you need it asap to build a fleet of gunships to fight Genoa. I slolved the problem by running artist on Palermo and culturboming it with a GA, but still...

-I think that either the Basque Country(San Sebastian) or Provence have to be left out of the third UHV. Since this bring you war with 2 out of Spain/France/Burgundy which is just too much strain for the abailable production. I think the best would be to cut off th Basque Country from the aragon province which doen't make sense anyways.

-25ships is a lot of ships, I think 15-20 would be a challange enough.

I've been playing Aragon for the last few days. There are a few roblem I've encountered:

-3 out of 4 of the starts I tried were unplayable due to spain already controling Valencia and Barcelona, ideally you want Cordoba to control these, so you don't run into war agaist spain early on. Also with spain being around for so long I had some problems containing their borders arround Zaragoza leading to the lost of the iron and copper. A possible solution would be an earlier start, Borrell II reign (2nd half of 10th century) could be a good choice since he was the first count of Barcelona to become independent of the Frankish Kingdom.

-Sulfur could be made more easly available. The only one you can take is in Sicily but outside the BFT of Palermo, which is quite anoying, since you need it asap to build a fleet of gunships to fight Genoa. I slolved the problem by running artist on Palermo and culturboming it with a GA, but still...

-I think that either the Basque Country(San Sebastian) or Provence have to be left out of the third UHV. Since this bring you war with 2 out of Spain/France/Burgundy which is just too much strain for the abailable production. I think the best would be to cut off th Basque Country from the aragon province which doen't make sense anyways.

-25ships is a lot of ships, I think 15-20 would be a challange enough.

Thanks for your feedback. You are right that Aragon is quite hard to play and the AI usually does not do so well with them. They will be strengtened for next release.

Also I will probably tweak Spain's settlermaps further so that they will not settle too close, and maybe warmaps as well, my experience is that Valencia is almost always Cordoban though.

The province splitting is a good idea, it would also make it easier to ensure Aragon has cultural dominance of the Iron and Copper.

EDIT: Would it be too ahistorical to have Valencia flip to the Aragonese on spawn? It actually wasn't captured until 1238.

I would suggest you turn the Cremean Khanate into a minor civ much like the Celts in Rfc and the Zengids in Soi. This way there would be no need for them to have a settler map as all their cities would be spawn on certain dates and balancing them would much easier. I say this because although the Crimeans were a civ the area they historically occupied was rather small and they were a vassal state of the ottoman empire for most of their history.

Other than the Crimeans, I think the following other civs should be minor also:
-Norovgorod
-Aragon
-Sultanate of Rum

These are the civs that I think should be added as major civs:
-Morocco (Almoravids and Almohads)
-Egypt (Saladin and Malmaluks)
-Prussia

I would suggest you turn the Cremean Khanate into a minor civ much like the Celts in Rfc and the Zengids in Soi. This way there would be no need for them to have a settler map as all their cities would be spawn on certain dates and balancing them would much easier. I say this because although the Crimeans were a civ the area they historically occupied was rather small and they were a vassal state of the ottoman empire for most of their history.

Other than the Crimeans, I think the following other civs should be minor also:
-Norovgorod
-Aragon
-Sultanate of Rum

These are the civs that I think should be added as major civs:
-Morocco (Almoravids and Almohads)
-Egypt (Saladin and Malmaluks)
-Prussia

Having all civilizations as playable is exactly the point of this modmodmod.

Balance is one of the main reasons why we don't have any more playable civs in standard RFCE.

I cannot speak for this mod, but in RFCE Morocco and Cordoba are the same (Cordoba is the representative of all Western Muslims), it is just the the AI isn't very good at settling Morocco.

Egypt is Arabia respawned.

Prussia is weakened Germany after the rise of Austria (doesn't work very well).

Of course, Morholt can add those in his mod is we wants to.

Top Bottom