[modmodmod] SOI expanded

Buids
UP:free units for Iraq invasion(script);
UHV1: Claim the title of Shahanshah;
UHV2: Become the Commander of Faithful by 1000AD;
UHV3: Controll 3 ports in Persian Gulf in 1035AD;
or
UHV1: Become the Commander of Faithful by 1000AD;
UHV2: Control: 5 cities in Iraq+Khuzestan, 2 - in Fars, Luristan and Kurdistan, 1 - in Oman, Yazd, Kerman, Balochistan, Jibal and Hormuz in 1035AD(like this)
UHV3: Build any WW except SM and HoW;

UB: Bagh/Persian gardens(replace Monument,54:hammers:,+2:culture:,+1:gp: or +1:), may be free for cities with Fresh Water)
Buids in 1031AD, lucky with spawn indie Sariya
Spoiler :

Saffarids
Starting date: some with Kingdom of Armenia (860AD, turn 45).
Starting religion: Sunni
Lider: Ya'qub ibn al-Layth al-Saffar
Core: Sistan, Balochistan (my suggestion Bam flipped when Saffarids spawn)
Border:W. and E. Khorasan, Kerman, Makran, Kandagar, Tocharistan
UP: "ṣaffār/Coppersmith" :)commerce:x2 for best tile in every city with copper) like card "Coppersmith" in boardgame Dominion:Intrigue

UU:Saffarid soldier picture(replace Skirmisher, 48:hammers: 5:strength:,3:move:, requires copper :D) [for aggressive expansion Saffarids needs in fast UU]

UHV1: Control Greater Khorasan in 950AD;
UHV2: Control 4 copper, 3 silver, 2 gold and 1 gem mines in 960AD;
UHV3: Build Shahnameh before 1011AD [unhistorical, but interesting]

Edit:
Flag
army arts
lider art1 lider art2
UB: Windcatche/bâdgir(replace weaver,+1:gp: Artist, +1:health:)
or
Qanat (replace Aqueduct,halfed:hammers:)
or
Qila/Qala(replace tannery, castle effect)

I love your suggestions, they are great! However, i wont start adding them until i do the map expansion. (Because spawns and some uhvs are liked to map coordinates which will be changed when the map is expanded, i dont want to have to write the code twice)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=502316

merijn_v1 made a soi map with 15 more grassland tiles in the west. I will try to turn that into greece using mapview. I will then need to edit a bunch of python files, (provinces, spawns, uhvs, city locations, etc). Ive never used python or xml before (except for making all civs in SoI playable, but that was just replacing five 0s with 1s, so it doesnt really count). This will probably take a while, cause im really busy with school, but i will keep you all updated. In the meantime, making suggestions would be really helpful!

Saffarids look fine.
That Abu Bakr would probably work for any of the leaders, since we don't have a great idea of what they looked like, nor is it likely that we'll actually find a leaderhead for the specific leaders.
Good luck with the map expansion!

Oh yes, the Zengids. We'll also need UBs, UPs, UUs, and UHVs for those, I think.

I once made a suggestion in one of the SoI dev threads, but I can't remember which one.

So I'm gonna download Mapview, and try to add greece. I superimposed a 70*15 tile grid over the map of the area I'm adding. Here are the pics.

@DC123456789 - Thanks!
@SanJose - I love your suggestions, but I can't make graphics - so I have to use preexisting units and flags

Attachments

• Greece and Libya.png
    Greece and Libya.png
    202 KB · Views: 213
  • Add Greece and Libya.jpg
    Add Greece and Libya.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 214
UPDATE: I have extended the map 15 tiles to the west, by editing the Scenario XML file. I have for now, created greece and libya in the worldbuilder, however this is not a workable solution since I would have to do it every game. I am trying to learn how to use MapView to edit the scenario file. Although creating the shape of Greece was fairly easy, I still need help with resources and terrains.

The provinces and spawns have been stayed at the same location (ignored the shift). I guess this means I will have to edit every python file to make the provinces and spawns, etc. line up with the new map. I will have pictures soon.

I once made a suggestion [for playable Zengids] in one of the SoI dev threads, but I can't remember which one.

Haha, found it.

UU: Iqta'dar - superior Horse Archer with 7 str + starts with Flanking II (idea taken from M2TW: Crusades)
UP: Power of Coalitions - easier to convince other factions to join a war

UHV1: Conquer or vassalize Egypt by 1250
UHV2: Do not allow any non-Muslim states in Egypt, Levant and Cicilia in 1291
UHV3: Never lose a city to barbarians until 1400.

What do you think?

I have decided to expand the map by 5 tiles north and 5 tiles south. I did this so I could add Ethiopia, Serbia and Bulgaria. (while I was testing to see how the Byzantine economy was affected by cities in greece, I realized that the Balkans was too empty)

Bulgaria spawns at start (750)
Serbia spawns in 768
Medri Bahri will also be added - spawns in 1137
Ethiopia Spawns at start - represents Kingdom of Axum and and Ethiopian Empire

Bad news. I cannot edit python, so all the spawns, provinces, etc can not be adjusted to the bigger map. That means, that unless I can find someone with python experience to help me, i will have to cancel this mod.

If you know python and this mod looks interesting for you, please help me!

I have limited Python experience, from the failed modmodmod I tried to create previously in DoC. However, I can't do MapView or C++ etc.. :)
Sometimes all you need to do in Python is copying from the other lines and adjust it.. Embryodead's SoI is infamous for being a very tidy and detailed to help beginner learns.
If you'd let me try helping, how about sending the file to benzl43@live.com ? I'll see if I can help...

Editing the spawn plots are easy- they're just coordinates, stemming from the bottom left corner. You don't need any python knowledge to edit that, just add 15 to all of the x coordinates and 5 to all of the y coordinates. I'm not sure where regions are handled, but it's most likely just a grid corresponding to the map- just copy and paste to Excel or other spreadsheet program, add the rows/columns, you're adding, and follow the format that's given. Simpler stuff like this doesn't actually require much modding knowledge at all, just following the patterns given.

And I don't know about adding Medri Bahri; it seems pretty small and a vassal/part of Ethiopia.

Top Bottom