Modmods Requests Thread

I would like to request a modmod adding 4 new corporations. I would like it to be compatible with AND, which I use at present, and to be modular. My outline for these corporations is thus:

Spoiler :

Bluelock Industries (should have a spread rate of 10-50, so that the player has to spread it manually most of the time)
Requires: Globalization\Great General
Consumes: Aluminum, Copper, Lead, Steel, Uranium
Produces: Ammunition (0.5 per resource consumed), :gold: (0.5 per resource consumed)
Competes with: Aluminum Co, Creative Constructions, Mining Inc

Consolidated Energy
Requires: Refining\Great Engineer
Consumes: Coal, Geothermal Energy, Oil, Oil Products
Produces: :gold: (1 per resource consumed)
Competes with: Aluminum Co, Civilized Jewellers Inc, Mining Inc, Standard Ethanol

Datatech Global
Requires: Computers\Great Scientist
Consumes: Aluminum, Copper, Nanobots, Nanotubes, Semiconductors
Produces: :gold: (1 per resource consumed), :) (0.5 per resource consumed), :science: (0.5 per resource consumed)
Competes with: Aluminum Co, Mining Inc

GigaSharer (Should have no Executive unit, but a spread rate of 500 or so, so it spreads quickly without player direction)
Requires: Communication Networks\Great Scientist
Consumes: Hit Singles, Hit Movies, Hit Musicals
Produces: :culture: (0.5 per resource consumed), :) (0.5 per resource consumed)
Competes with: Datatech Global

I've had an idea for a while that might be interesting to do. I've been thinking, why isn't there some kind of modern Great Wall? Then I thought, what if the Iron Curtain was a wonder you could build? I'm not sure what the prerequisite would be, maybe Communism or Civil Engineering or something? Anyways my idea was that, like the Great Wall, the Iron Curtain would stretch around your borders and protect you. Not from enemy military units, that would be cheap, but from the enemy's culture. It prevents the culture of the civs bordering yours from expanding into your land (however it also keeps your culture from expanding into theirs). It can also keep enemy great people and missionaries out, I guess, but I'm not too sure on that bit. It may also add unhappiness to your cities, I haven't really thought the specifics out too much.

I've had an idea for a while that might be interesting to do. I've been thinking, why isn't there some kind of modern Great Wall? Then I thought, what if the Iron Curtain was a wonder you could build? I'm not sure what the prerequisite would be, maybe Communism or Civil Engineering or something? Anyways my idea was that, like the Great Wall, the Iron Curtain would stretch around your borders and protect you. Not from enemy military units, that would be cheap, but from the enemy's culture. It prevents the culture of the civs bordering yours from expanding into your land (however it also keeps your culture from expanding into theirs). It can also keep enemy great people and missionaries out, I guess, but I'm not too sure on that bit. It may also add unhappiness to your cities, I haven't really thought the specifics out too much.
I guess this issue is already covered by fixed borders.

Not really imho. Many ppl don't use Fixed Borders or REV of REVDCM.

JosEPh

Not really imho. Many ppl don't use Fixed Borders or REV of REVDCM.

JosEPh
I disagree. I bet most people use Revolutions. As for other game options, I have no idea.

But let's not put that to my empty words. I'll create a poll.

what if the Iron Curtain was a wonder you could build?
Good idea.

How about "Negates penalties due to foreign civics." I.e. :mad: from other civs' liberalism.

Even greater if it could halt all culture spread (both ways, else exploit), but would you want to be saddled with that forever?

I'd make it require Realism, largely for timing, and partially because an Iron Curtain isn't necessarily Communist or Marxist. Realism is potentially dismissive of progressive ideals.

Hi, I would like to request some worker/pionieer buildable fortification improvements:

First, I think there should be a pre-fort, which is available with mathematics. In early times, workers often have time to spare, so, what a bout a outpost improvement, buildable by masonry?
It would give +15% defense to the tile and cost 2/3 of a fort.

Secoundly, besides the later "bunker" improvement, I would love to play with a "trench" improvement, which is of 20-30% defense valiue, and costs 1/2 of turns to be build than a bunker.

Then, finally, a medieval fortification comes in mind, a castle. But as it is now in the game, there is already a fort - so what to do? The answer is simple: Forts where mostly build in the 17-18ths century, and have a caracteristic star-spread form. Castles, which would replace the fort, which then would come later, would, however, be more compact.

Anyhow, what I intend to say is this:

Castles replace forts, same def value, forts become available with leadership and have the spaciality to bombard the coast, if artillery units are placed in it, or increase at last the chance of these units to succeed in bombardment and/or damage that's given (same with bunker which would also increase defense of air bombardment of units stationed on the tile).

Hi, I would like to request some worker/pionieer buildable fortification improvements:

First, I think there should be a pre-fort, which is available with mathematics. In early times, workers often have time to spare, so, what a bout a outpost improvement, buildable by masonry?
It would give +15% defense to the tile and cost 2/3 of a fort.

Secoundly, besides the later "bunker" improvement, I would love to play with a "trench" improvement, which is of 20-30% defense valiue, and costs 1/2 of turns to be build than a bunker.

Then, finally, a medieval fortification comes in mind, a castle. But as it is now in the game, there is already a fort - so what to do? The answer is simple: Forts where mostly build in the 17-18ths century, and have a caracteristic star-spread form. Castles, which would replace the fort, which then would come later, would, however, be more compact.

Anyhow, what I intend to say is this:

Castles replace forts, same def value, forts become available with leadership and have the spaciality to bombard the coast, if artillery units are placed in it, or increase at last the chance of these units to succeed in bombardment and/or damage that's given (same with bunker which would also increase defense of air bombardment of units stationed on the tile).

All interesting changes. But they all share the same issue. I don't have any artwork for them. If you've seen good artwork in other mods or the forums, I'd love to see them, but until then, I can't add any new improvements.

All interesting changes. But they all share the same issue. I don't have any artwork for them. If you've seen good artwork in other mods or the forums, I'd love to see them, but until then, I can't add any new improvements.

I see. Haven't had thought of that, of course - stupid me.

Outposts could - until necessary artwork is aquired - look like ancient/classical era forts. Castles would then look like medieval era forts and the new forts, well thats easy, like now-being forts of renaissace era (I know they do change the look to the star-spreaded form by themselves when the era changes! - but the difference would be that you'd had to "upgrade" a old outpost/castle to a fortress/bunker/trench by worker actions to get the modified defense values like air/coastal bombardment and higher defense % etc) That would make it possible that some old castles are still standing besides new bunkers. Over time, you could even make it attractive to keep old castles as the would give :commerce: on that tile, by the discovery of the tech tourism for example. This way they would represent old frontlines and maybe some memorabilia - at least for the human player.

The trenches... I have no idea...but they could have the bombard crater graphic in the meantime... Or the barbed wire graphic the city provides if some building is built, I think it's actually called barbed wire.

Edit: If possible, crater & barbed wire could be put over another. Might look battlefield like^^ And when a air unit, for instance destroys the trenches, only a "normal" crater is left.

I see. Haven't had thought of that, of course - stupid me.

Outposts could - until necessary artwork is aquired - look like ancient/classical era forts. Castles would then look like medieval era forts and the new forts, well thats easy, like now-being forts of renaissace era (I know they do change the look to the star-spreaded form by themselves when the era changes! - but the difference would be that you'd had to "upgrade" a old outpost/castle to a fortress/bunker/trench by worker actions to get the modified defense values like air/coastal bombardment and higher defense % etc) That would make it possible that some old castles are still standing besides new bunkers. Over time, you could even make it attractive to keep old castles as the would give :commerce: on that tile, by the discovery of the tech tourism for example. This way they would represent old frontlines and maybe some memorabilia - at least for the human player.

The trenches... I have no idea...but they could have the bombard crater graphic in the meantime... Or the barbed wire graphic the city provides if some building is built, I think it's actually called barbed wire.

Edit: If possible, crater & barbed wire could be put over another. Might look battlefield like^^ And when a air unit, for instance destroys the trenches, only a "normal" crater is left.

i agree on the point that forts should be upgraded by workers and not automatically by technology. i like the idea of castles giving commerce in later ages too.

btw this could be a good idea for some obsolate buildings in cities: when they becomes obsolte they could start giving small static culture and/or commerce. maybe this could work the following way: buildings becoming obsoltate start giving +1 :culture: in case they didn't have a culture bonus initally (so no culture for walls untill not obsolate!). and after a specific technology is discovered (tourism?) obsolate buildings give a static commerce bonus (maybe proportional to their cutlure bonus)

One thing I would love as a modular component is the ability to choose what age to end in. Personally I don't like the "Future" age and I would love to end at the modern age like vanilla civ. Also I allways mod the xml to make jungle choping to come at explosives and be alot longer of a process. It also makes as much hammers as forrest chopping. I would love to have an option to have a later chopping, I don't think it's realistic or fun to not have any jungle left by the middle ages.

This may seem like a weird request but, could Trade Caravans be barred entry from any borders unless one gets Right of Passage and/or Open Borders?

I just don't find the time or have interest to use them what with Barbarians running amok and not wanting to establish too much diplomacy and choose sides. I know when foreign Caravans do biz, they don't take anything from you, but it still bugs me that they just enter freely without any problems.

This may seem like a weird request but, could Trade Caravans be barred entry from any borders unless one gets Right of Passage and/or Open Borders?

I just don't find the time or have interest to use them what with Barbarians running amok and not wanting to establish too much diplomacy and choose sides. I know when foreign Caravans do biz, they don't take anything from you, but it still bugs me that they just enter freely without any problems.

Pretty easy to do. Open up the Civ4UnitInfos.xml, search for TRADE_CARAVAN, and look for this line (it's near the top)
Code:
<bRivalTerritory>1</bRivalTerritory>

and change the 1 to a 0.

Should just need to change bRivalTerritory from 1 to 0 for the trade caravan in Civ4UnitInfos.XML.

Edit. Rats Afforess beat me to it :)

Ok, then, a few requests:

1: Corporations! The more the merrier! While these are some of the most awesome additions to BtS in general, they are greatly imbalancing without more options available. (A LOT more options hopefully) Why all requests for these have been ignored so far on these forums is beyond me. There have been many good suggestions for them so far, and some great ones added for previous versions that are no longer compatable.

2: An option that would allow you to select the city your religion is founded in would be incredible! Or perhaps the first to discover the accessing tech generates a free special great person that can found the religion in the city of choice?

3: An option that makes missionaries and execs NOT limited to just a few at a time would be nice too, especially with the multiple builds going on. Having to take the time to set the build queue with the shift key is reeeeealy annoying.

4: Along the same lines, if one could hit shift and select multiple builds to the queue when prompted during the build setting phase of the turn would be nice (without having to investigate city to do it... right there on the pop-up list) Not sure if this would be possible to code or not.

5: An option to allow ONLY animal barbarians would be optimal. I like having the critters out there... especially if the game is working along the lines of the excellent Stone Age Mod... but the human barbarians are just flat annoying.

6: Extending the beginning of the game, as in the Stone Age Mod, would add a lot to this mod.

7: I'd like to be able to extend the turns to get to AD 2000, increase the overall research costs, but leaving the build rates the same... would allow for more warfare during each era. As it is, even on Marathon speed (haven't tried snail yet) the game races through techs, and there's so many buildings to build, that there just never feels like there's time to build an army that won't be outdated by the time it can be deployed.

8: An excellent alternative, and something I'd prefer anyhow, would be to eliminate the reduction of XP when you upgrade a unit. The reduction is extremely annoying no matter how you look at it.

I have absolutely no idea of how to do any of these things. As an aside, much of what has been done already is exactly along the lines of what I would have done to the game myself. Well done so far guys!

Ok, then, a few requests:

1: Corporations! The more the merrier! While these are some of the most awesome additions to BtS in general, they are greatly imbalancing without more options available. (A LOT more options hopefully) Why all requests for these have been ignored so far on these forums is beyond me. There have been many good suggestions for them so far, and some great ones added for previous versions that are no longer compatable.

2: An option that would allow you to select the city your religion is founded in would be incredible! Or perhaps the first to discover the accessing tech generates a free special great person that can found the religion in the city of choice?

3: An option that makes missionaries and execs NOT limited to just a few at a time would be nice too, especially with the multiple builds going on. Having to take the time to set the build queue with the shift key is reeeeealy annoying.

4: Along the same lines, if one could hit shift and select multiple builds to the queue when prompted during the build setting phase of the turn would be nice (without having to investigate city to do it... right there on the pop-up list) Not sure if this would be possible to code or not.

5: An option to allow ONLY animal barbarians would be optimal. I like having the critters out there... especially if the game is working along the lines of the excellent Stone Age Mod... but the human barbarians are just flat annoying.

6: Extending the beginning of the game, as in the Stone Age Mod, would add a lot to this mod.

7: I'd like to be able to extend the turns to get to AD 2000, increase the overall research costs, but leaving the build rates the same... would allow for more warfare during each era. As it is, even on Marathon speed (haven't tried snail yet) the game races through techs, and there's so many buildings to build, that there just never feels like there's time to build an army that won't be outdated by the time it can be deployed.

8: An excellent alternative, and something I'd prefer anyhow, would be to eliminate the reduction of XP when you upgrade a unit. The reduction is extremely annoying no matter how you look at it.

I have absolutely no idea of how to do any of these things. As an aside, much of what has been done already is exactly along the lines of what I would have done to the game myself. Well done so far guys!

1. I hate corporations :mischief:

3. can be done by editing the xml - dont know if it can be done as a mod or would have to update the base game files.

6. There has been a discussion on doing this but it is a large amount of work. I would like to have it so that all the religions don't appear at about the same time.

8. this is simple edit your GlobalDefines.xml in Assets/XML and change the value for MAX_EXPERIENCE_AFTER_UPGRADE.

About turning off barbarian units and leaving just animals...

Go into Rise of Mankind/Assets/XML/GameInfo folder and find the file Civ4GameEraInfos.xml. Look for bNoBarbUnits in each era entry and change to 1.

Hi, I was just merging the Locusts in when I had no idea what the stats would be except that they would not be a barbarian animal and that they should spawn in all eras attach farmland and perhaps be spawned by the event of the same name.

Top Bottom