Monarchists' Cookbook I

Diamondeye

So Happy I Could Die
For more info on the series, the bullpen thread can be found here

First game of the series, here is Monarchists' Cookbook game I:

We've had a problem with the save, it is to be found in OTAKUjbski's post, just below.

Settings for the game:​

Our leader, Otto Van Bismarck:​

...And our nation (Germany)s' Uniques, the Panzer and the Assembly Plant:​

...And finally, our starting position:​

Saves + Reports should be posted in SPOILER TAGS, by tuesday, preferably monday, in order to allow some room for discussion. Of course, anyone is welcome to join in!

The bullpen for the games can be found here

First rounds' best ball save was played by R_Rolo1, one of the roster players. His report can be found here, and the save from which second round is to be played can be found in OTAKUjbski's post, here

Second Rounds' best ball save was played by OTAKUjbski, one of the roster players. His report as well as the save can be found here.

Third Rounds' best ball save was played by Bleys, one of the roster players. His report as well as the save can be found here

Fourth Rounds' best ball was played by R_Rolo, the only player with two best ball savs this round. For a link to his report as well as the save, plus details on the fifth (and last, this game) round, see OTAKUjbskis' post 650

Clarification: This round, the player to have the final say in what save is chosen and the player to post updates, is me, Diamondeye. In case of my absence, these tasks are to be handled by my deputy for this game, OTAKUjbski. Please read the bullpen thread for a precise description of these roles. There is no featured player this game.

I love the leader, but am not too keen on the start :( Looks like expanding will be a challenge.
Spoiler :
Can you say GLH though? :D

NOTE: there seems to be something wrong with the save? it says it is invalid and i'm unable to download it.

I love the leader, but am not too keen on the start :( Looks like expanding will be a challenge.

NOTE: there seems to be something wrong with the save? it says it is invalid and i'm unable to download it.

Ever since my One of "those" starts thread, I find myself regenerating until I get a start that makes me scratch my head, so I like this one.

HERE IS THE SAVE:

I have been looking forward to this since the idea started getting tossed around. I think it will be a nice bridge for players between the Nobles Club and the higher levels.

My thoughts on the start:
Spoiler :
Ugh, we would get water for the first one, I hate water maps! Thats odd too, because I am a big fan of the GLH and Colossus.

Scout NE, but unless I see a compelling reason to waste a turn, I plan to settle in place. I am hoping that little blob of land across the channel to the south is actually NOT an island, but part of the continent I am on.

Bismark definitely means Wonders for me. Having Mining already means I can start with Fishing, and a Worker, and switch to a Workboat when Fishing finishes and build it, then finish the worker, while teching BW. Other than that, I will need to see the lay of the land.

Without actually opening the save my thoughts:
Pyramids, Possible Oracle -> MC sling for Colossus, and GLH.
The early game is my weakest point I think, so this format should be helpful.

EDIT:
Just realized the BUG mod. Do I need this to play?

Heh, I am already up to 2000 BC, can I play my next round?

We may want to adjust the schedule some, especially the early game. While these turns are extremely important, it is also the time the game flies by the fastest, since there is usually not a ton of micromanaging to do (1, maybe 2 cities, tops, easy to focus on). The first 150 turns can typically take less "real-time" than than 20 turns in the mid-1700s.

At any rate, here is my save, I think I am in great shape.

Round 1, 4000 BC - 2000 BC:
Spoiler :
4000 BC - Scout NE, see nothing, settle in place, start a Worker, and start Fishing.

3925 BC - Scout NE, NE, get the bad news, this is a small island. Glad I started with Fishing, thats for sure!

3800 BC - borders pop, I see more of the land to the south. It looks reasonably settleable.

3775 Fishing done. I switch to a workboat, and switch to the 1F2H tile (no 3H tile available). Sailing is going to be important, but I need BW first to clear forests on hills. Scout is just parked at farthest NE tile, in case an I wanders there, he cannot tell me any more until a Galley is built, and he will ride the first over while I build a settler eventually (soon, too.) Early impression of "general plan" is GLH, Colossus, MAYBE Oracle sling into MC if its not too late. Techs to get to Oracle are long though, but a couple WBoats will help, fast growth plus commerce from the coastal tiles. One thing I like about the start is I have no Ocean tiles in the BFC. I think Ocean tiles are a massive waste, and avoid them at all costs. Since I am looking at 2 water-based Wonders, though, I should choose my city sites carefully, all should be coastal, but with as little Ocean as possible.

3550 Hinduism FIADL

3425 Saladin meets scout. He founded Hinduism, no shock, Buddhism is FIADL.

3400 WBoat done, lost 4 hammers to decy on worker, not bad. BW will be done before Worker, which is fine.

3225 BW done. Copper pops on my isle, cool. I am planning another city on the FAR NE hill, to avoid overlap with Capitol. That has potential as a Moai City, because it will have a bunch of worthless Ocean tiles, but they are usable with Colossus and Moai. I start Sailing, planning Masonry next. I also revolt to Slavery right away, since I can Whip the 2nd boat with nice overflow once my worker chops a forest into it.

3150 Sal's culture comes into view on the land to the NE.

3075 Worker done, I start another 2 boats. Worker will mine a forested hill,, and then chop another hill, and mine it. 2nd boat will fish 2nd clam, 3rd boat will explore some before coming home to 3rd clam.

2950 Berlin goes Pop. I check whip info, 7 turns left on the mine, I decide to work a 2F1H tile, and plan to whip the boat just as the Mine finishes, then have the chop go into the 2nd boat. That will give me enough pop that I will grow back to 2 quickly.

I am not a big "math" player, although I do have a strong math-oriented mind. I go by "feel", not precise calculations. The day I have to stop and figure out details to the letter is the day this stops being a game and becomes more like "Work". Growing back to 2-pop so I can whip again soon "feels" right.

2825 Sailing is done, I go for Masony. I want the GLH up ASAP, as I am pretty sure the AI will try to build it quickly this game. Scout arrives back to cap as well, since my next build is going to be a Galley. I also whip the boat this turn, since mine will finish next turn.

2800 2nd WBoat done, Mine done, Overflow + chop means 3rd boat done in 1 turn, 2 turns to get back to pop 2.

2775 3rd boat done, start a Galley. Move worker to next hill for a mine. I plan to use the same trick again, whip Galley just as mine finishes, unhappiness should be fading right about then. After that, I will build a warrior and Lighthouse as pop grows some, then its Settler, GLH, Worker, Settler, using my Galley to scour the land. 2nd settler will grab Copper site, 1st one goes across the channel.

2675 Exporing boat finds Marble, will dotmap shortly, once rest of Southern Isle is explored.

2550 Berlin goes to pop 3, now works 2 clams + mine

2525 Masonry in, I choose Mysticism. I want Monuments in new citys for growth. After that, its likely I will go Wheel, Pottery, Poly, Priest, and decide about Oracle. Marble means its doable, and I want MC off it for Forges and Colossus. Sent exploring workboat around the eastern side of my isle, for a quick lap before it gets back to work 3rd clam. Galleys can explore and do shuttling.

2400 Warrior done, Galley sticks Scout on Southern Isle, will pick him up on other side. Start LH in Berlin. Do a tenative dotmap

2375 Hut gives gold, adjusting tiles to time my LH with the unhappiness so I can eventually have 5 pop working 2 mines, 3 clams to kick out settlers. Myst done, starting Wheel

2325 WBoat gets to the 3rd clam

2275 Berlin goes to 4 pop, tiles adjusted

2175 LH finishes, start a 2nd warrior which will finish just as whip-unhappy goes away, and Berlin hits pop 5 (current max). I have also explored the next island to the south, and see a potential city site, Fish, Whales, and a few grassland. Lots of bad tiles down there though, so its for later, post Optics maybe.

2150 Wheel learned, Worker starts road to Copper. Start teching Pottery

2050 Warrior done, Berlin pop hits 5, start Settler, Galley loads 2nd warrior up to drop at 2nd city site (Marble Production)

2000 End of Round 1. 9 turns to settler, but I will probably whip for 2 when I have solid overflow. Then I plan to start the GLH, and when pop grows to Max, stick a Worker in the front of the queue. Meanwhile, I plan to settle the Marble Production site, start with a Monument, whip it at 2 pop, and shuttle a worker over to build a road + quarry to Marble. By then, I should be teched through Priesthood, and ready to build the Oracle in 2nd city.

At this point I save. I have been saving the last couple Forests to hurry the GLH when I get around to building it. 3rd city is Copper City, 4th city will be Commerce City on Marble Isle. After that . . . well, we will have to find some more land, wont we. Having Sal as a neighbor is harsh, PRO leaders are difficult to deal with militarily, and being forced to bring more troops means more boats, etc. This game wont be simple, I can tell. GLH + Colossus will go a long way to establishing a tech lead, but only 4 cities for units, and pretty much feeling forced to bring Cats, means its going to be a long time until I can expand further.

I wonder if I should try to pack a 3rd city on Marble Isle. I hate too, but I may have too, as well as settle Whale Isle to get 6 decent cities. We shall see. Once galley does its shuttling, I can send it toward Sal, see whats p over there.

Attachments

• MC Game 1 - Bleys BC-2000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    85.4 KB · Views: 219
Spoiler :
Well I can't tell if we're on an island or a peninsula. I'm hoping peninsula, but it doesn't change my initial tech choice: fishing. Clams are the only visible resource right now, and a capital without food resources online is a shadow of its future self.

Turn 1: Tech: Fishing. Building Scout. I love to pop goody huts and two scouts are wonderful for that, if we have land.

Turn 2: Well we're on a little island, not a peninsula. Canceled scout, building warrior. Lost one turn of production there.

Turn 9: Fishing finishes, teching Bronze Working so that we can chop and whip. I switching the build from warrior to workboat. I am working a 1F 2H grassland forest hill tile; it timed out well, so that the workboat will finish on same turn that Berlin hits size 2.

Turn 24: Workboat done, clams online. Starting second workboat, working clams and 1F 2H forested grassland hill tile.

Turn 31: BW finishes … Teching Sailing. We have copper on our little island, but not in the BFC and not in an area that is particularly appealing. But copper is copper, and there's room for another city there, though no food resources to speak of. As far as Sailing goes, I know a lot of people like to scout with workboats, which are cheaper, but we'll be needing galleys anyway, and this way we can build lighthouses to leverage our clam food production. Also, we can put our scout (who has nothing to do ATM) on the galley for land exploration.
Turn 38: Workboat two finishes, Berlin is size 3. Starting on worker. Working the two clams and forested grassland hill, giving good food, commerce, and a couple of hammers.

Turn 42: Worker is about halfway done. I switch to Slavery in preparation for whip. I won’t whip until sailing finishes, so I can put overflow in a galley. Light green civ (Ottoman?) seen to the northeast island, contact not made yet.

Turn 46: Sailing done. Teching the Wheel so we can hook up copper eventually. Also need Wheel for Pottery. Worker whipped, overflow into Galley. Berlin is size two again, working clams to regrow.

Turn 48: Worker starts chopping/mining the two forested grassland hills to get Galley out faster.

Turn 53: Bad random event: forest burned down, no $ to replace, put berlin over the edge happiness-wise (no military unit, one whip, plus random event unhappy face)

Turn 56: Wheel finishes. Starting Pottery.

Turn 63: Galley finishes, scout loaded on to get goody hut and explore southern island. Unhappiness problem has faded away due to "cruel oppression" falling off. Building warrior then settler.

Turn 64 Goody hut pops for warrior. Warrior jumps on galley for garrison duty in Berlin. Allows me to put settler in queue ahead of warrior. Berlin is size 4, giving us two population to whip settler when time is right.

Turn 66: Pottery finishes. Starting Writing.

Turn 68: Whip settler to completion. Settling hill east of the copper. It’s Saladin to the northeast, who says hello. Amphibious axe invasion possibilities, though Saladin is protective.

Turn 70: Island to the south has one resource, marble. Also some decent floodplains due south of Berlin. Scout and galley going to next island.

Turn 71: Hamburg founded on hill tile 3 NE of Berlin, starts on Barracks. Berlin garrison finished, starting on granary then barracks for axe whipping. Further explorations to the south hit a small island with one fish. Further exploration blocked by the icebergs at the south pole. Looks like Saladin’s island is the only way to explore and expand. Galley + scout head north to Saladin's island.

Turn 78: Galley + scout able to skirt Saladin’s culture to explore to his southeast.

Turn 80: Round ends. One turn away from finishing writing, Copper hooked up in about 10 turns.

We're in position to either axe rush Saladin or settle the southern two islands. There's room for three or four cities on those islands. Best three would be floodplains commerce city, marble production city, and fish city (mini-GP farm, perhaps).

I'm happy with my round, but I had a little bit of wastage (lost produciton on scout for a turn, warrior builds that got interrupted by other builds, unhappy faces due to random event). I also grabbed the copper out of instinct; the floodplains site may have been better long-term as the second city choice. Then again, we're now in position to pound Saladin; we just need about 8 axes and another galley.

We're going to need Monarchy pretty soon. I don't see Germany being able to get the Pyramids (and Representation) out on this map, unless we can build it in Mecca :). I would tech mysticism --> polytheism --> priesthood --> monarchy, which also sets us up to build the Oracle and get Code of Laws or Metal Casting.

Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

Attachments

• Monarchist Cookbook Game 1 BC-2000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    92.9 KB · Views: 106
@ Bleys:

Spoiler :
Interesting the different choices we made. The big differences:

1. Builds: you put your hammers into a third workboat and the lighthouse. I put mine in a settler earlier. Your Berlin is bigger and in a great position for whipping, but I've got Hamburg up and running and will be able to get axes out sooner.

2. Techs: you delayed writing to get masonry and mysticism. After getting BW and Sailing, I went straight for writing. Your tech path is optimal if you settle the marble city next.

I think your game is really poised to start a settlement boom to claim the copper city, floodplains, and marble city in short order. My game is geared towards an early Saladin knockout. Interesting stuff. Both are valid choices -- it's just a matter of perception and your playstyle. Your Berlin is significantly more powerful than mine at the moment.

Slobbster, Well played and well met, that sort of detailed write ups are exactly what we had in mind when deciding this format. My thoughs on your game:
Spoiler :

My thoughts are exactly as yours when checking out our games. I went to Masonry first because I want both the Oracle cheap, and GLH. I will use that food in Berlin to whip-overflow the GLH as I get my next settlers out.

Once Priest is done, and the Oracle is underway in the Marble City (warrior is parked there already), and the Copper and commerce cities are settled, I will look to Writing and so forth. I do see a lot of potential in this game, I really like your idea of pumping out FAST axes and shuttling them over ASAP to catch Sal with his robes down, heh. I decided GLH and Colossus (with MC from Oracle) were more urgent, as well as a Monument to pop borders in my new cities.

2 turns my game can whip Settler for 2, start GLH, grow back to happy cap, insert Worker, whip it out for 2, with overflow into GLH, grow back to happy, etc. I generally build my wonders with this method. Learned from the best Wonder Hog on this board, Obsolete, heh.

I just noticed that the game has a sign up on the bullpen thread. So I'd like to sign up. :D There's still room, right? :bowdown:
The first few rounds of this first game are already sort of "locked in" as the 5 "Charter Members", Diamond, Rolo, OTAK, futurehermit and myself. However, as rounds come along, and one or more of us doesnt have the free time, or whatever, we will be asking "Guest Players" to play as well. Your technique and write up prowess are both weighed in as we choose Guests. I hope to see lots of folks getting chances to "hit the ball" so to speak.

I have never played Epic, I always play normal.

I'd like to try this because I'm always curious to see how I measure up against other players, when I'm playing a solo game I always feel like I'm way behind where I ought to be, particularly in the early years.

Does anyone have some basic advice for what I ought to be aware of playing Epic for the first time? All I know is that the slower speeds are more favorable for war because units take longer to obsolete, but that's about all I know.

Its much easier to make the transition to a slower speed than it is to a faster one. You should be fine, especially on this map.

The basic thought process of slower speeds being "better" for war is that regardless of what speed you play, movement speed across the map is constant. So you can be first to Nationalism, draft a pile of muskets, send them off to attack an enemy, and he might have Rifling by the time you get there. Of course its not that extreme (except on Quick when talking about intercontinental wars) but you get the point, I am sure.

The worst thing of adapting to a slower speed is the temptation of making more units that you normally do.... but I still think that slower speeds favour the human, both by the already refered bigger window for the units as by the not so obvious bounus of slower speeds force the AI to play more turns... given that normally AI play is far worse than the human, more turns mean more oportunities for the AI to play worse :lol:

Gah we're playing epic?! :( I wish I had noticed that sooner as I'm not a fan of slower game speeds. It's ok though. I should be able to play my round tomorrow.

Gah we're playing epic?! :( I wish I had noticed that sooner as I'm not a fan of slower game speeds. It's ok though. I should be able to play my round tomorrow.
Argh, sorry man, that may have been discussed and sort of decided before we asked you to join the first team!

Hope its OK. I would have a rough time adjusting to Normal, Epic has been my preferred speed since a week into playing this game. It just "felt" better, but of course, being new, I am sure that the lessened magnification of my mistakes led me there. Normal is more punishing on mishaps and poor strategy by the human player, while Epic allows more wiggle room, heh. Its sort of an oxymoron to rolo's theory (correct, IMHO) that given more turns, the AI makes more mistakes. I think the opposite is true of the human player, more turns give us more chances to find the proper strategy of the moment.

Spoiler :
With no reason to do otherwise, I settle in place.

Not realizing I was on a tiny island, I started with a fairly standard build queue of Worker and Bronze Working figuring I could chop/mine/whip a few Workboats to get the city rolling.

Two turns later, I realize I'm on a tiny island, so I do an about face to grow the city and tech Fishing.

I want the Great Lighthouse, and I want it BAD!!! If I wasn't Industrious, I'd've stuck with the original path, but I want as much whipping and chopping as possible to go into the Great Lighthouse for the bonus hammers.

I plan on whipping the Workboats and chopping the Lighthouse & Great Lighthouse.

Oops. On Turn 11 (same turn I discovered Fishing), I realize I'm working the wrong tile (I meant to be working the Coastal Clam). I have no 3F tiles, so my choice is either 2F1H or 2F2C. Since I intend to whip everything, I need Fishing and BW sooner than later.

Hinduism has been founded in a distant land in 3550 BC.

On Turn 19, when Berlin grows to population 2, I work 2 Coastal Clams. (Remember, tech is the only thing slowing me down right now.)

Buddhism has been founded in a distant land in 3425 BC.

My first neighbour is none other than the current ALC22 leader, Saladin (Spirtual, Protective) -- founder of Hinduism. He's easy to keep happy, so I'm not worried about him. Besides, I try to make it a habit of not crossing blades with Protective leaders when plausible.

Bronze Working is discovered, and I immediately adopt Slavery ... NOW I can really get some work done!

I whip the Workboat and switch in a Worker for 1 Turn to absorb the overflow

This time, when Berlin grows, I decide to work the Grassland Forest. I probably could've stuck with the plan and kept working the commerce tiles, but I wanted to apply as many hammers as possible to the Workboat before whipping it, since that in turn meant more hammers for the Worker next in the queue.

And a few turns later, "whah-pah" all over again!

This is where I almost messed up bad. After teching Sailing, I started to tech The Wheel towards Pottery. I totally had a brain fart and forgot I needed Masonry to build GLH ... doh!

I caught my mistake and switched to Masonry 5 turns later when the Worker completed.

The Worker moves north and mines(+chop) the hill.

A couple turns later, I learn two other civs might be worse off than I am, LOL!

When the chop/mine completed, I queued up a Warrior to the top for two reasons: A) in 2 turns, I would have an angry city without somebody to defend it, and B) applying that many hammers to the Lighthouse would put it over 44 hammers -- meaning I couldn't whip it for 2pop.

(Worker moves to the other hill and mines(+chop) it too just like before.)

Yay Masonry!

With exactly 44 hammers committed to a Lighthouse (that perfect number just happened by luck, btw), I whip it for 2pop in order to apply maximum overflow into the Great Lighthouse

Shortly thereafter, the 2nd hill/chop finishes, and the Worker moves north to the riverside Forest to chop (then later Cottage) that Forest, too.

After Pottery is finished teching, I decide to start Agriculture. I don't need Writing yet, and I will eventually need Agriculture and AH, so chosing this path should save me a few eventual beakers on Writing with all the prereqs (I shoulda done that with Agriculture > Pottery, too).

When Berlin's borders pop, the villagers give me 37 gold! (yay, I guess ... I was hoping for a Scout/Warrior on that island!)

As of 2000 BC, I have 3 turns left on the Great Lighthouse!

I think if I had started from Turn 0 working Commerce tiles, I might already have the Great Lighthouse ... IDK. I don't care, either ... I'm happy with where I'm at.

Sure, I could whip the Great Lighthouse right now, but I've fairly confident no AI has moved this quickly on the gem that is GLH.

I don't intend to open borders with Saladin until after I have a city or two when I can actually utilize the extra traderoutes from the GLH.

In the meantime, it's time now to churn out a Galley and a couple Settlers to see what else is out there.

I have my GLH, so the rest of this game should be downhill if this map is indeed an islands map.

I guess we'll see.

Spoiler AutoLog :
Logging by BUG Mod 2.11 (BtS 3.13)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 0/750 (4000 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:35:35]
Berlin founded
Berlin begins: Worker (23 turns)
Research begun: Bronze Working (23 Turns)
Berlin begins: Barracks (38 turns)
Berlin begins: Warrior (11 turns)
Research begun: Fishing (9 Turns)
Research begun: Bronze Working (23 Turns)
Berlin begins: Worker (23 turns)

Turn 2/750 (3950 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:38:28]
Berlin begins: Warrior (11 turns)
Research begun: Fishing (9 Turns)

Turn 7/750 (3825 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:40:55]
Berlin's borders expand

Turn 10/750 (3750 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:41:13]
Tech learned: Fishing

Turn 11/750 (3725 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:41:19]
Research begun: Bronze Working (21 Turns)
Research begun: Sailing (19 Turns)
Berlin begins: Work Boat (23 turns)
Research begun: Bronze Working (21 Turns)
Berlin begins: Warrior (4 turns)

Turn 16/750 (3600 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:42:48]

IBT:
Hinduism founded in a distant land

Turn 18/750 (3550 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:42:52]
Berlin grows: 2

IBT:

Turn 19/750 (3525 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:43:00]
Berlin begins: Worker (15 turns)

Turn 22/750 (3450 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:44:34]

IBT:
Buddhism founded in a distant land

Turn 26/750 (3350 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:44:47]

IBT:
Contact made: Arabian Empire

Turn 27/750 (3325 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:44:49]
Tech learned: Bronze Working

Turn 28/750 (3300 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:45:19]
Research begun: Sailing (211 Turns)

IBT:
Civics Change: MCCSG1(Germany) from 'Tribalism' to 'Slavery'

Turn 29/750 (3275 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:45:49]
The whip was applied in Berlin
Berlin finishes: Work Boat

Turn 30/750 (3250 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:46:10]
A Fishing Boats was built near Berlin
Berlin begins: Worker (18 turns)
Berlin begins: Work Boat (45 turns)

Turn 31/750 (3225 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:46:41]

Turn 33/750 (3175 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:46:58]

Turn 42/750 (2950 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:49:46]
Berlin finishes: Work Boat

Turn 43/750 (2925 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:50:00]
A Fishing Boats was built near Berlin
Tech learned: Sailing

Turn 44/750 (2900 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:50:33]
Research begun: The Wheel (10 Turns)
Whip anger has decreased in Berlin

Turn 48/750 (2800 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:51:09]
Berlin finishes: Worker

Turn 49/750 (2775 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:51:11]
Berlin begins: Lighthouse (90 turns)
Research begun: Masonry (12 Turns)

Turn 53/750 (2675 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:52:47]

IBT:

Turn 54/750 (2650 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:52:50]
Berlin grows: 3

Turn 59/750 (2525 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:53:24]

Turn 60/750 (2500 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:53:28]
A Mine was built near Berlin
Berlin begins: Warrior (6 turns)
Tech learned: Masonry
Berlin finishes: Warrior

Turn 61/750 (2475 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:54:00]
Research begun: The Wheel (4 Turns)
Berlin grows: 4

Turn 64/750 (2400 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:55:06]
Tech learned: The Wheel
Berlin finishes: Lighthouse

Turn 65/750 (2375 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:55:33]
Research begun: Pottery (10 Turns)
Berlin begins: The Great Lighthouse (300 turns)

Turn 66/750 (2350 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:55:55]
Berlin grows: 3

Turn 72/750 (2200 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:56:22]
A Mine was built near Berlin
Berlin grows: 4

Turn 74/750 (2150 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:56:54]
Tech learned: Pottery

Turn 75/750 (2125 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:56:58]
Research begun: Agriculture (8 Turns)
Berlin's borders expand
Tribal village results: a little gold

Turn 79/750 (2025 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:58:03]
Berlin grows: 5

Turn 80/750 (2000 BC) [25-Apr-2008 21:58:13]

Is it not possible to play this with HOF mod? I guess I'm not totally clear on how these mod things work.

Top Bottom