1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Mongolia First Look

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Dec 19, 2017.

1. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

I'd have preferred he get angry at those who snub his diplomatic delegations and refused to host his embassies. Much more flavorful.

Oh, and I don't know if someone has shared this yet, but the official Facebook page responded to a comment asking about a live stream. They said tomorrow at 11am PT and that they'll have more info later today.

2. Trengilly

Trengilly Chieftain

I believe that is correct. There are only 4 levels of visibility in the game (other than None) - Limited, Open, Secret, and Top Secret and it looks like they can only have 3 at one time while at war. But +9 is pretty awesome (+12 with their cav bonus).

3. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Warlord

I am not a domination type player, but I even want to see Temüjin's Keshig gallop throughout Gedemon's YnAMP Giant Earth Map. Other civs, beware! The Mongols are coming.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Thormodr, WillowBrook and Guandao like this.
  4. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

Tiger Genocide and WillowBrook like this.
  5. conorbebe

conorbebe Chieftain

Mongolia Palace Coloured.png
    No unique architecture (which is a shame), but we do get a new palace design!

6. Trengilly

Trengilly Chieftain

Yep the Mongols are a one trick pony (pun intended) but that's fine. They will be fun to play occasionally when I feel like stomping the world and they should make an interesting AI opponent. Assuming the AI Mongols start with horses it looks like a Civ that the AI could play well (of course if the AI Mongols don't start with horses then they will suck).

7. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

It's kind of like the Main tent of Genghis, but it looks more like a building.

I'm sure Firaxis struggled on how to portray their cities, since traditionally they lived in yurts. Sharing the architecture with China does make sense in a way, since they conquered it. :D

nzcamel, Thormodr, Hawke9 and 3 others like this.
  8. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

It's not complicated, you're basing the agenda on the civilization ability, not the leader ability. So if he preys on horse units he will antagonise horse cultures.

9. conorbebe

conorbebe Chieftain

Would be cool to see tents/yurts portrayed in their ancient era architecture.

10. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

It might make for an interesting alternative leader. You get the instant trading posts and the diplomacy boost, but not the automatic boost to cavalry unit strength. Kublai could have an infrastructure benefit equivalent to Genghis's ability.

Thormodr, Hawke9 and Zaarin like this.
  11. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Chieftain

I actually predicted they would create an ability like this two months ago, only I thought it would be a government ability instead of a civ ability and also apply to theological combat.

Don't forget about the great merchant Mary Katherine Goddard! There will probably be an achievement for obtaining her while playing as Mongolia.

nzcamel and ShallowSeas like this.
  12. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

But there is fun to be had, for some, in having a civ in the game with a military potential that might deserve some respect.

The mongols seem to combine Persia + Scythia (or England) + Aztecs. Even if there is no fear of them taking your cities, they could cause horrible inefficiencies. Being succesful in civ has always been about being efficient. So Temujin has just become public enemy no. 1 in my book. And that is fun, even if I never play as Mongolia.

On top of that, he's going to be settling Russian land on a TSL. I frequently play as Russia. Destiny is a knockin'.

Plus the loyalty issues my imperial Russia is going to have to deal with... I might have reason to actually play deity again! Saddle my horse!

13. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

Synergies with his ability to capture cavalry units. If you have cavalry, he's going to attack them and take them. If you don't have cavalry, he won't.

14. liv

liv Warlord

No ability to counter any revolts that may happen due to low loyalty. Wonder what that mean? Loyalty is not that important or mongols will have one weakness?

15. steveg700

steveg700 Warlord

Sure, you can have a play-style where you build horse armies and attack the civ to the north first, you can have another play-style where you build horse armies to the south first......

Seriously though....Huh?

16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Kinda realistic. The empire fragmented after like two generations, right?

17. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Thanks for the condescension.

There's precedent of Agendas not following LUAs: Queen of the Nile or Optimus Princeps, for example. I think something tied to delegations would have tied in with both the leader and civ in this case and would have been a bit more flavorful.

18. Captain Fargle

Captain Fargle Chieftain

After the death of Genghis' son Ogedai, yeah.

19. liv

liv Warlord

How many turns is that? :)

nzcamel, Hawke9 and Reckoner like this.
  20. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

Yeah, you're right. There are some that are more nuanced like Tomyris' backstab averse.

ferretbacon likes this.