[NFP] Monopolies and Corporations Game Mode Discussion Thread

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator
A return of corporations

@Zegangani is going to be so happy about this. :D

@Zegangani is going to be so happy about this. :D
Oh Yes! I am :D!

That improves the late Game immensely! I'm curious how the Game Mode would be affected by a Mod that I'm about to release. It basically let's you build (plant/breed) more of a resource in a city if you already have improved that resource. I guess I'll have to change the Mod in regard of Luxuries a little bit (but for now I will release as it is rn).

This sounds like the best mode so far, resources aiding unit production, gold - what a throwback to Civ 4 :)

However with all those cool things as new products to play around, the poor UI will be stretched beyond its limits. Products go to the same screen as great works, so that screen becomes even more cluttered and unwieldy, if nothing else is changed. Those products and corporations are about increasing culture and tourism, so no Economic victory, it is just another crutch for the CV. So you'll want more of those products, but can you imagine trying to theme something in that screen it now? Even more scrolling. Yes, on PC modders can help, but what about consoles?

This is probably the one game mode I will want to turn on for every game, for the historical flavor.

A collection of screen shots related to the mode:

Description:
upload_2021-1-19_11-38-21.png

Industry Improvement (built by Builder):
upload_2021-1-19_11-39-6.png

upload_2021-1-19_11-39-55.png

Buffs vary by resource apparently:
upload_2021-1-19_11-40-37.png

upload_2021-1-19_11-40-49.png

upload_2021-1-19_11-41-6.png

Corporation Improvement (built by Great Merchant):
upload_2021-1-19_11-41-51.png

upload_2021-1-19_11-42-25.png

upload_2021-1-19_11-42-44.png

Corporation unlocks a project:
upload_2021-1-19_11-43-12.png

Well we know what Coffee's great work is, I wounder what the others are?

Screenshots cont.:

Products use the Great Work system, and can be slotted in Stock Exchanges and Seaports (significant boost to these T3 buildings):
upload_2021-1-19_11-44-10.png

upload_2021-1-19_11-44-28.png

Sea resources will be much more difficult to gain a monopoly over:
upload_2021-1-19_11-45-34.png

Monopolies increase gold based on the percentage of control you have and trading partners, plus grant tourism boosts.

Small thing, but I'm assuming the "industry" improvement won't help the improvement-based pantheons that the resources normally have?

Really? I was happy that they seemed different than Civ 4. I thought 4's implementation was pointless busywork.

The Corporations in Civ 4 BTS were a good idea imperfectly executed I think. I liked they way they made use of duplicate luxuries and obsolete strategic resources, but I felt they came quite late in the game to have a big impact.

Hopefully this new game mode achieves similar things with duplicate resources in a more impactful way.

The Corporations in Civ 4 BTS were a good idea imperfectly executed I think. I liked they way they made use of duplicate luxuries and obsolete strategic resources, but I felt they came quite late in the game to have a big impact.

Hopefully this new game mode achieves similar things with duplicate resources in a more impactful way.
In a way, but they were basically just reskinned religion, right? I know a lot of people liked them though. At first glance I think I like this better.

This is probably the most well-designed Gamemode so far (I don't mind yield inflation that much besides chopping). Really looking forward to it.

Small thing, but I'm assuming the "industry" improvement won't help the improvement-based pantheons that the resources normally have?

Guess it depends on the coding.

Top Bottom