More Mercantile Mod

Coffee, Lumber,

(ok, bear with me now, who says a resource or commodity has to represent a raw material like copper or cotton? Many societies enjoy other luxuries)

Exotic Performer (This person is an iconic celebrity with inspiring presence. Think of it as this person, instead of spices, is the product in question.

Exotic Animals (Why not?)

Masterwork Armaments, Masterwork Weaponry (Every civ is happy to import high quality weapons)

Fine Art Every culture has its mona lisa.

Fine Antiques Objects of older times that still inspire.

Exotic Fruits Because if "Spices" can be generalized, why not...?

Trade Charter This luxury resource counts as a free trade agreement - which in turn makes certain people in your civilization happy and prosperous.

Any of these things will inspire the homeland if it has it - and inspire the receiver who gets it. Think about displaying the Mona Lisa, Magna Carta, a cultural icon who moves to another country, "high quality" ornamented weapons for display.

Looks great!! :goodjob:
Why did you decide to have 2 packs?
Also, do you plan to add more resources?

You could make these randomized between city states, not just the Mercantile ones. In history for example, many military Arabian cities were famous for their coffee. Not to mention China cities and tea, way before unification.

But, in general, this is a freaking awesome mod!

Is it fully compatible with Diplomacy Mod?

Suggestions:

Beverages

Beer
Rum
Vodka
Tequila
Cachaça (brazillian popular drink)
Sake

Since the abundant happiness resources would make the game easier, is it possible to these "extra" ones give only +1 happiness?

Where do I relocate these files to after downloading?

Looks great!! :goodjob:
Why did you decide to have 2 packs?
Also, do you plan to add more resources?

I use Thal's GEM mod, so too many resources overloads the trading screen. In any case, i didn't anyone would want that many different resources.

How'd you make the icons?

Just Photoshop, the pen tool, the brush tool, and a lot of blending modes!

You could make these randomized between city states, not just the Mercantile ones. In history for example, many military Arabian cities were famous for their coffee. Not to mention China cities and tea, way before unification.

But, in general, this is a freaking awesome mod!

Is it fully compatible with Diplomacy Mod?

Suggestions:

Beverages

Beer
Rum
Vodka
Tequila
Cachaça (brazillian popular drink)
Sake

Since the abundant happiness resources would make the game easier, is it possible to these "extra" ones give only +1 happiness?

Unfortunately, I've no idea how to give these to other city states.

I saw these about a month ago and was really impressed with them. Good work man.

Working on anything else now?

Dear all,

i rarely looking at mods,but this one is trully impressive.Very clever ideas.
I want to try it to my Gods & Kings.
Can you please give me any installation instructions?Or its not working for Gods & Kings?

Thanks in advance and a happy new year.

Oh, it requires G&K.

As for installation instructions, extract the file (as a new folder) to "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS" or alternatively, simply change the file extension of the .rar file to .civ5mod and place it in that same location.

In both cases, the mod will appear in your mods list the next time you check it.

Hope that helped!

Hello,

Thank you for the immediate answer.
The Gods & Kings do not have a mod folder.Shall i create it?
Cause when i switch to browse mods,game crashes.

Hello,

Thank you for the immediate answer.
The Gods & Kings do not have a mod folder.Shall i create it?
Cause when i switch to browse mods,game crashes.

?

Have you checked for game integrity via steam? You will need to be able to enter the mod list to activate the mod.

I just wanted to leave a message to say this is probably one of my favorite mods to play with, so thanks for creating it! I can never resist checking out to see what new luxuries any mercantile city states have to offer in my games, so it's been a lot of fun. (I know in one recent game I was giving a request to find cigars... heheh.)

Top Bottom