More music

Thanks Sogroon for your add-ons.

I play with both of them, and my impression is in my current game , it limits ciy growth of the ai players. On prince level.
In other games i stayed in the civc Monarchy, and now the choices are more diverse.
I only put MAD back to advanced rocketry , to make the modern age more exciting.
The game is not finished yet.

Thanks Sogroon for your add-ons.

I play with both of them, and my impression is in my current game , it limits ciy growth of the ai players. On prince level.
In other games i stayed in the civc Monarchy, and now the choices are more diverse.
I only put MAD back to advanced rocketry , to make the modern age more exciting.
The game is not finished yet.

THX for your feed back cha dawn :)
I had put MAD in a "special position" (only available with First Nuclear Test building) because it is... errr... funny to threat others with nukes without even having one :lol:

• What do you think about the other changes?
  • Which civic do you find useful and which not?
  • What are your experiences about the AI choices?

Currently I am not testing my own changes because I'm working on an other module.

Ok, I'm having a deeper look at your mod Sogroon. It's really nice and it looks like AI is handling it better than I expected (I mean, the civic mod). There are a few things I would change, some minor text changes and of course positioning of the civics in the list (you had troubles with it some time ago IIRC). Also looking at Vokarya's great work, I think we might need some new icon for some buildings and/or civics in order not to use the same twice. I'll play a bit more and then I'll let you know what I think I can suggest. For now, I think that maybe Serfdom is a bit overpowered. Also, I'd like to see how MAD works now. I would also move it back to Advanced Rocketry. I haven't tried it yet but from what I can see you've changed XML so that FNT allows every choice under Stance Civics, or am I wrong? I think it would be better to make MAD only usable by civs who have built FNT, I agree, but I think this has to be changed on dll level. I'll see what I can do.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14081641 said:
Ok, I'm having a deeper look at your mod Sogroon. It's really nice and it looks like AI is handling it better than I expected (I mean, the civic mod). There are a few things I would change, some minor text changes and of course positioning of the civics in the list (you had troubles with it some time ago IIRC). Also looking at Vokarya's great work, I think we might need some new icon for some buildings and/or civics in order not to use the same twice. I'll play a bit more and then I'll let you know what I think I can suggest. For now, I think that maybe Serfdom is a bit overpowered. Also, I'd like to see how MAD works now. I would also move it back to Advanced Rocketry. I haven't tried it yet but from what I can see you've changed XML so that FNT allows every choice under Stance Civics, or am I wrong? I think it would be better to make MAD only usable by civs who have built FNT, I agree, but I think this has to be changed on dll level. I'll see what I can do.

Ohh! I feel honored :)

Yes, FNT allows Stance civics, but since all other choices are available by the time you build it, I think it doesn't matter.
It would be great indeed if a building could enable not only a whole category but individual civics separately :)
45°38'N-13°47'E;14082444 said:
Uh, that's nice:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akidih4uno5ctko/Civ4ScreenShot0182.JPG?dl=0

How can some civ use Federation as government civic?

Also, in the screen, titles of new categories are missing.

:eek:
Err... maybe you switched ON the module during a running game and he already had chosen that civic and not changed it since?

Yes, titles are missing, because I didn't think of it. When I realized it I didn't bother with it. I don't even know where to change it. Will look after it later...

OK, I'll try the building enabled civic solution and I'll let you know. It's a more elegant solution and you never know if it can be used for something else.
About federal, no, it wasn't an already started game. I've run two games in autoplay on my PC and on my wife's laptop, starting from scratch. It might be something in python. Also labels in the screenshot are XML text called in a python file if I'm not mistaken, probably something like CvDiplomacyScreen.py under python folder, I can't check right now.

Ok, missing civics categories entries need to be added to CIVICS.XML (text folder) and some python code added to CvExoticForeignAdvisor.py in def drawInfoImproved (self, bInitial):
Problem is that I don't think you can add a new CvExoticForeignAdvisor.py as a modular component like you've done for xml files. I think if this can't be done, the only way is to change the original python file to check if your civic mod is active and in case it's active to display more text with the appropriate labels, but frankly I don't know how to do it now.

The simplest way to check if an add on is active would be checking gc.getInfoTypeForString("CIVIC_XXX") returns -1

The simplest way to check if an add on is active would be checking gc.getInfoTypeForString("CIVIC_XXX") returns -1
Well, that's cool and sounds pretty obvious now that you pay (damn autocorrect) say it. Thanks platyping for your precious advices. :)

Looking at the screenshot, I don't see a need to edit XML or python, unless the coding is done in hard coded way.

I would have use a gc.getNumCivicOptionInfos() loop to display all titles and respective civics. Thus, unless the initial coder did it in hard coded way, there is no reason why it cannot capture new civic options. If that is the case, rewriting the codes is a better solution for future when there is a need to add/remove more civic options.

How do I activate them.??

I DON'T use the module, as I found it caused problems for me previously.

I've downloaded them Via svn, but I'm not sure how to load them.

Couldn't see anything in sounds menu?? at a loss

I have the new opening music set up and running, but I don't see the Ex file It says to use

I've clicked on Moremusic.exe and installed it, in the Assets folder of Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn.

But where to from here??

How do I activate them.??

I DON'T use the module, as I found it caused problems for me previously.

I've downloaded them Via svn, but I'm not sure how to load them.

Couldn't see anything in sounds menu?? at a loss
Sounds menu? No, I am light-years away from doing anything like that :lol:
I have the new opening music set up and running, but I don't see the Ex file It says to use

I've clicked on Moremusic.exe and installed it, in the Assets folder of Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn.

But where to from here??
You just start the Launcher exe and select the modules in the "Get public modules" menu (or whatever it is called).
Errr... wait...you have Linux don't you? I don't know if the exe can run with Linux...
If it cannot than you will have to activate it manually in one of the xml files. I can help with that later, but I must go now...

EDIT:
After a coffee and a banana...

To activate a module manually you have to open MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml in Modules folder and put the following lines in it:
PHP:
	<Module>
		<Directory>put here the name of the modules folder you want to activate</Directory>
		<bLoad>1</bLoad>
	</Module>

And you know that you can stop the actual track in game by pressing Ctrl+M and pressing it again will start a new one, so you can quickly test if you have the new tracks or not :)

@Sogroon - When using Cntl-M, I get a python error, saying that it can't read the music file.

So I can assume;

1) its loading the MoreMusic module correctly.
2) *Fixed, renamed directory to default again.
3) Rhythmbox will read the files correctly.
4) Rhythmbox, WON'T play the numbered mp3 files. i.e. 1-20.mp3, it just stays silent.

Thanks for the addon and your help, but??? :help:

p.s. :banana: :coffee:

@Sogroon - When using Cntl-M, I get a python error, saying that it can't read the music file.

So I can assume;

1) its loading the MoreMusic module correctly.
2) *Fixed, renamed directory to default again.
3) Rhythmbox will read the files correctly.
4) Rhythmbox, WON'T play the numbered mp3 files. i.e. 1-20.mp3, it just stays silent.

Thanks for the addon and your help, but??? :help:
But what? :confused: "The answer maybe obvious, but I don't know the question" :crazyeye:

Regarding the files 1-20:
Sogroon in Opening Post said:
v1.4
- "Add your own music" placeholder blank files added.

NEW FEATURE

I have added a simple "Add your own music" mechanic, by adding blank, placeholder files and lines to the right xml files. This allows players to add their own era related music choises to the mod.
To do so you must do the following:
1. Rename your files to XX.mp3 where XX can be a number from 01 to 20.
2. Go to your Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\Modules\MoreMusic\NEW folder.
3. Choose one of the 7 era labeled folders and copy yourmusic files into it overwriting the blank music files. Files 01.mp3 to 20.mp3 are all of 0sec length, they have no real use until you replace them with some real music.
4. Run the game and enjoy
THX for the food&drink :cool:

Sorry, Question is, I don't hear any new music tracks, just the "old" modern era one's.

MP3 01- 20 Thanks for explaining that, thought they were the NEW tracks.

O.K. I've now figured out my problem.

The Modern folder, ONLY has place holding tracks 01 -20 . mp3.

ALL the other era folders have new sound tracks. The modern folder DOESN'T.

Problem solved for me.

for you.

Solution - Add new tracks to modern folder in the Moremusic.exe file.

:thanx:

*Edit* Upon further investigation, it seems the modern sound files have ended up in the Future era, as they seem to have twice as much as other era's in comparison.

Solution - Move YOUR new modern era mp3 files from the future era to the modern era where they belong, which witch is which?? I don't know???

:nono: :banana: :coffee: for YOU!!!!! :nono:

Sorry, Question is, I don't hear any new music tracks, just the "old" modern era one's.

MP3 01- 20 Thanks for explaining that, thought they were the NEW tracks.

O.K. I've now figured out my problem.

The Modern folder, ONLY has place holding tracks 01 -20 . mp3.

ALL the other era folders have new sound tracks. The modern folder DOESN'T.

Problem solved for me.

for you.

Solution - Add new tracks to modern folder in the Moremusic.exe file.

:thanx:

*Edit* Upon further investigation, it seems the modern sound files have ended up in the Future era, as they seem to have twice as much as other era's in comparison.

Solution - Move YOUR new modern era mp3 files from the future era to the modern era where they belong, which witch is which?? I don't know???

:nono: :banana: :coffee: for YOU!!!!! :nono:
I didn't add any tracks for the modern era because I felt that it already has enough. In an earlier version I have added some Red Allert and GTA tracks but removed all of them later. Do you really feel that the modern era needs more music? If so, can you recommend some?

I don't want to move the future era music (nor the trans-human) to other eras, I have chosen those tracks for those eras and don't think they would it so well in an other era.

EDIT:
BTW, Does the Launcher run under Linux?

I run it under an emulation program, it unpacks into the directory you specify.

I couldn't find the wocinstaller?? or something file. Wasn't in the assets/Modules

Only file there is 'MoreMusic' folder.

Oh, yes. Dbkblk has removed wocinstaller some months ago, and has built in its effect into the launcher. So you need to start the mod with the launcher at least once and it will automatically inject the required audio defines lines into the proper files. Unfortunately most XML files are modular in BTS but the ones responsible for sound files are not so was the wocinstaller created by the woc team eons ago.

Same thing goes for MegaCivPack and the LeaderHeads modules since those also have custom sounds.

If the above does not work for you I have attached WOC tools zipped.
View attachment WOC.zip
Let me know if it works for you or not.

1) Download WOC.zip from above post.
2) Through Ubuntu software centre, install OpenJDK java 7 runtime
3) Right click on Wocinstaller.jar file, open properties/Permissions, allow as an executing program
4) Double click on the Wocinstaller.jar file
5) close window once its finished.

Works fine under linux.

Don't do what I initially tried to do, install java runtime, try to figure out how to write to usr, etc..

Ubuntu software centre is MUCH easier, quicker and foolproof (Proofed a fool like me)

:thanx: Sogroon :banana: :coffee: available again

Yes, titles are missing, because I didn't think of it. When I realized it I didn't bother with it. I don't even know where to change it. Will look after it later...

Ok, I've changed python code in Foreign Advisor to make it work with your modmod, but you'll need to add in Chronicles_Civic_Reforms_GameText.xml following text

Code:
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_CIVICOPTION_ABBR_IMMIGRATION</Tag>
        <English>Immigr</English>		
    </TEXT>		
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_CIVICOPTION_ABBR_LABOR</Tag>
        <English>Labor</English>		
    </TEXT>		
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_CIVICOPTION_ABBR_MEDIA</Tag>
        <English>Media</English>		
    </TEXT>	
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_CIVICOPTION_ABBR_STANCE</Tag>
        <English>Stance</English>
    </TEXT>		
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_CIVICOPTION_ABBR_TERRITORY</Tag>
        <English>Territory</English>		
    </TEXT>

For now, it will only display TXT_KEY_CIVICOPTION_ABBR_XXX until you put the above text into your mod.

Top Bottom