[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey Adan, I jsut wanted to make you aware of the fact that "More Wonders for VP" has some problems with modpacks. I tried my usual modpack list but swapped "Wonder Expanded" for "More Wonders" and it's crashing on map start (before the splash screen with the leader appears). I build a dozen more modpacks enabling components one by one and even with just bare VP and "More Wonders", it crashes. Going through Mods menu works fine ... Tried versions 0.9 and 0.10.3 from repo. It would be great if you could somehow fix that.
I came up with another idea why it is crashing for you. What VP version do you use? I mean "default" or "43-civ". If 43-civ then you must use special "AssignStartingPlots.lua" file added in the folder add follow the instructions. Maybe you didn't use it and there's conflict between my lua file and VP version? I must warn you that I didn't update 43-civ file for a while, so I would recommend installing regular version. Problem showed up with 0.8, but...

Topic on github is closed without any note. This is the last thing I can recommend to check.

@Tekamthi How this problem presented on your side? Was it crash at map load?

Side note: Computer should be back in a week so you must wait a while more...

Hello Adan! Just found this thread. Very impressive stuff, really glad to see that other people are working on additional Natural Wonders since LamilLerran kinda vanished. I thought I'd let you know that a while back TPangolin told me he had a friend working on an Eye of the Sahara model, and sent me a blender version from the artist, who I think just ended up going off to do his own thing. I managed to get it in the game, but the conversion kinda uglified it, and didn't have an icon or strategic view... until I found this thread!

If you want to use the art, you can find it here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1742485559

Don't have a screenshot on hand, sorry. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Hello Adan! Just found this thread. Very impressive stuff, really glad to see that other people are working on additional Natural Wonders since LamilLerran kinda vanished. I thought I'd let you know that a while back TPangolin told me he had a friend working on an Eye of the Sahara model, and sent me a blender version from the artist, who I think just ended up going off to do his own thing. I managed to get it in the game, but the conversion kinda uglified it, and didn't have an icon or strategic view... until I found this thread!

If you want to use the art, you can find it here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1742485559

Don't have a screenshot on hand, sorry. Anyways, keep up the good work!
Awesome! I will surely look on that, when I finally get my comp back (tomorrow!).

@Tekamthi How this problem presented on your side? Was it crash at map load?

I admire your work here, but I have eliminated all lua-replacement mods from my play. I am still using a WW-only, early rev of yours however, and its a good enough fit as-is.

iirc when i did try your lua previously, prior to any adjustments you made specifically for 43 civs, it would load into game but not create enough spawns, and player would see game over screen at turn 0, as soon as map loads. Tbh I'm not certain on these details; I may be confusing it with another problem (this is the typical result as well when VP devs forget to update the 43-civ version occasionally). Can't comment directly on this latest concern, sorry.

fwiw i'm still hoping you might split the NWs and WWs into two mods. Good luck!

FYI, Even More Resources no longer has an AssignStartingPlots.lua override, all of the required changes are directly within VP's one now. My mod will just activate it now. As long as you base yours on VP's updated AssignStartingPlots.lua, you can safely override.

Maybe the natural wonders can be added into VP as well, since overriding the lua is a hassle.

It would be the best move, but for now when it's changing a lot I would keep it for myself :) Thanks for your work! I need to update my files and release some new version soon.

Is current Assign...lua version the latest one in VP or there's planned some update soon?

I have not changed anything in AssignStartingPlots.lua after this version. Don't think anyone else have either?

Long awaited pre v0.10 rev. 6 on github, not finished, but working as I didn't want you to wait even more for it:
  • updated AssignStartingPlots.lua for latest VP (both standard and 43-civ);
  • added Adjacent yields for Natural Wonders (thanks @HungryForFood);
  • added Adjacent yield info in wonder popup panel;
  • fixed yield for Bioluminescent Bay;
  • added Mount Rushmore and Sanbo Honbu (without texts for now);
  • balance:
    • added Plantation requirement to Temple of Artemis;
    • fixed Kuk requirement;
    • lowered Wartburg XP;
    • changed Damascus yields;
    • added unique promo for Golden Dagon Pagoda instead of free Archaeologist;
    • reworked slightly Krak des Chevaliers;
Not many changes, from the point I lost my computer for a month, but I managed to complete the work I've started, which is difficult after so much time. I plan 1 or 2 updates finishing texts and requirements and maybe fixing something left before official release.

Remember to download and substitute VP files until next release!

Attachments

• (1) Community Patch.7z
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
Hey Adan, is it possible to use this with only the natural wonders?
Of course. Just disable all WWs in configuration file. You will find instruction inside and in the op.

Unfortunately you currently cannot play the opposite config.

Last edited:
New github build on board! Pre v0.10 rev. 7. Remember to use latest VP 1-9 patch from VP Github on top of VP 12-1-3 version!

Changelog:
  • VP fixed bug regarding placing new resources (Wine, Salt, Coal...);
  • VP fixed or is going to fix case with building requirements (Japanese guilds, Polish Barbican), so use latest MUCfVP mod and latest VP build to make sure this bug is not present. I temporarily (and I hope once for all) reverted the lua code, so got back to sql part; @pineappledan. what's the current state?
  • VP added new feature IsNoCoast in sql table, so I used it instead of lua code; it doesn't change anything, beside performance in the gameplay, unless it's broken, but be careful and let me know if WWs having such requirement can be built on coast;
  • VP added new table value to AdjacentFeatureYields, so I updated that too;
  • added 2 missing descriptions for Mount Rushmore and Sanbo Honbu;

I have set BUILDINGS_THOROUGH_PREREQUISITES = 1 in the latest release. I am not sure if anything more is necessary

I have set BUILDINGS_THOROUGH_PREREQUISITES = 1 in the latest release. I am not sure if anything more is necessary
I suppose you must add some uniques (like japanese guilds) to the new table if it is present in latest VP build. @HungryForFood?

I didn't see documentation for a new table, it looks like if you turn that option on, the game loops through building classes in a different way, and you don't need to define anything

No need, I'm going with the custom mod option BUILDINGS_THOROUGH_PREREQUISITES for this one, as it is simpler to use.

By default, when the game converts building classes to building types, it will look for any relevant Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides entry first, then go for the default as defined in BuildingClasses.

When BUILDINGS_THOROUGH_PREREQUISITES is enabled, the game instead loops through the buildings in a city to find if there is a matching building class.

I stress-tested this new option with Rome on this patch. There is a very noticeable delay when you capture cities now. Sometimes capturing a city freezes the game for 8 seconds

Hmm, theoretically conquering should have the least difference compared to before, since previously it was just about the only thing that worked properly for Rome.

You tested after enabling BUILDINGS_THOROUGH_PREREQUISITES? How about other civs? I made it so that Rome always has this thorough check, but other civs only get it when enabling the option.

Only civ I have had time for was Rome. I have noticed a substantial slowdown between turns this version. Of course it is hard to point to exactly what is causing it, but I do have BUILDINGS_THOROUGH_PREREQUISITES enabled. It just seemed like a Rome game was the most sensible place to start.

If you do have time to test again, maybe you can try BUILDINGS_THOROUGH_PREREQUISITES disabled, and no Rome. Hopefully that will show how much impact the thorough check has.

Also, just for reference, what CPU and memory size/speed are you running?

Top Bottom