More Wonders

Aye, Culture per pop is indeed possible, it just requires a 3rd party mod. Nonetheless, I've done it before with Florence Cathedral, so no reason not to do so. New version will be released with the next wonder.

i haven't actually built the florence cathedral yet, but i definitely do not have a 3rd party mod to support it---i thought this was no longer necessary. am i wrong?

also, re: CivOasis' last point, i'd agree. if i had a vote i think the river bonus is more interesting, whether it be culture or gold per river tile.

thanks again

The problem with Culture is it is not a proper yield, per se. You cannot give it to a tile, so culture per river is out, as much as I would love to do that effect. I might switch it to Gold per river, and give a larger flat culture bonus. Is that OK with you guys?

I finally found an idea in the Pacific (you have no idea how hard I tried to find a man-made wonder out there): The Wailua Complex Heiaus in Hawai'i.

The problem with Culture is it is not a proper yield, per se. You cannot give it to a tile, so culture per river is out, as much as I would love to do that effect. I might switch it to Gold per river, and give a larger flat culture bonus. Is that OK with you guys?

Sounds perfect!

I finally found an idea in the Pacific (you have no idea how hard I tried to find a man-made wonder out there): The Wailua Complex Heiaus in Hawai'i.

I just took a look at it and I have no idea how to make an icon for it. I'll leave it up to Pouakai
to decide of course.

Sukritact, I said I'd do Pacific wonders for his mod, so the best we can do is try. Also, if it's not too much of a struggle for you, could you try and get one of the Natural Wonders done before Friday? In the style the Natural wonders are ingame?

Sorry guys, there won't be a wonder this weekend, I'm at a competition. There will be a double on the weekend after though!

Sukritact, I said I'd do Pacific wonders for his mod, so the best we can do is try. Also, if it's not too much of a struggle for you, could you try and get one of the Natural Wonders done before Friday? In the style the Natural wonders are ingame?

Alright, I'll get started with the Matterhorn then. I should be able to send it to you tomorrow.

Pouakai, I would really recommend releasing a pack of the BMF wonders separately.

I'm fairly well versed in Nahua poetry so if you're not happy with these and there is a general theme you'd prefer to have the Templo Mayor quote about, I'd be glad to find something along those lines. Here are the two I've selected

The delicious realms of flowers count their dynasties by short periods;
Those which in the morning revel proudly in beauty and strength
By evening weep for the sad destruction of their thrones,
For mishaps which drive them to loss,
To poverty,
To death and to the grave.

All things of the Earth have an end and in the midst of the most joyous lives
The breath falters, they fall,
They sink into the ground.

- King Nezahualcoyotl of Texcoco

We only rise from sleep,
We only come to dream
It is not true, it is not true
That we come to Earth to live.
As an herb in the springtime
So is our nature;
Our hearts give birth, make sprout
The flowers of our flesh.
Some open their corollas,
Then they become dry.

- Tochihuitzin Coyolchiuhqui
Poet-Son of King Itzcoatl of Tenochtitlan

I'm fairly well versed in Nahua poetry so if you're not happy with these and there is a general theme you'd prefer to have the Templo Mayor quote about, I'd be glad to find something along those lines. Here are the two I've selected

The delicious realms of flowers count their dynasties by short periods;
Those which in the morning revel proudly in beauty and strength
By evening weep for the sad destruction of their thrones,
For mishaps which drive them to loss,
To poverty,
To death and to the grave.

All things of the Earth have an end and in the midst of the most joyous lives
The breath falters, they fall,
They sink into the ground.

- King Nezahualcoyotl
of Texcoco

We only rise from sleep,
We only come to dream
It is not true, it is not true
That we come to Earth to live.
As an herb in the springtime
So is our nature;
Our hearts give birth, make sprout
The flowers of our flesh.
Some open their corollas,
Then they become dry.

- Tochihuitzin Coyolchiuhqui
Poet-Son of King Itzcoatl of Tenochtitlan

That part sounds like it would be in a civ V quote, IMO.

Hey CivOasis, I scanned over your forgotten tribes mod and I am impressed. I'm a History major and I'd be glad to give you any input on the Mesoamerican aspect of your mod; I know about Pre-Columbian Andean ones too.

Hey CivOasis, I scanned over your forgotten tribes mod and I am impressed. I'm a History major and I'd be glad to give you any input on the Mesoamerican aspect of your mod; I know about Pre-Columbian Andean ones too.

Awesome, that's be cool!
Only one problem: I was more of an assistant to the creation of that mod. I don't have a lot of the main author's work, and he is no longer active, as far as I can tell.
I am interested in making a mod like it still, though, so I'll send you a PM about it.

The art you've done for these looks...wait for it...wonderful.

I might have to be cheeky at some point and ask Sukritact for some icons if hes not sick of making them for everyone and his mother! (but thats what you get when you're the best).

I might have to be cheeky at some point and ask Sukritact for some icons if hes not sick of making them for everyone and his mother! (but thats what you get when you're the best).

Thanks for the compliment!
But what does my mother have to do with it? :confused:

Its just an expression you get in English; implies wild popularity of the item in question. :d

Is there any way you can make the natural wonders actual natural wonders?

Also is there anyway to group all of the wonder you and Ambrox have made into one mod? It's kind of a pain to go through mods and check them all...

And yet another thing, can you also add the Giant's Causeway (In North Ireland) National Wonder especially if you can make it an actual natural wonder?

Along with Niagara Falls, Angel Falls, Grand Canyon, Galapagos Islands, and Milford Sound

Top Bottom