More Wonders

Can't believe I never clicked on your signature before.
I think I'll get some of these...

EDIT: Good luck on those exams!

Lake Titicaca

Situated on the border of Peru and Bolivia, Lake Titicaca is the highest commercially navigable lake on Earth at 3,812 metres above sea level. It has long been included in the Mythologies of Andean tribes and civilizations, with the Incans believing that Inti, their sun god, was born on Isla del sol, an island on the lake. The lake is also famous for being home to a village that is built entirely on artificial islands made from the reeds which are found along the shoreline. Ingame, it provides +3 :c5food: food and +1 :c5gold: Gold on lake tiles, and +15% :c5food: growth in all cities. It also has one merchant slot, and must be built on a fresh water tile with a nearby mountain. It can be downloaded from the Ingame ModBrowser, or via the CivFanatics download database, found Here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

Leshan Giant Buddha

The largest pre-modern statue on Earth, the Leshan Giant Buddha was constructed during the Tang dynasty in the hope that the presence of Buddha would calm the turbulent waters of the rivers below, where the Min and Dadu rivers merge. Construction lasted around 100 years, and when it was finished the currents did calm down in the water. However, this was due to the ammount of stone removed, and not the statue itself. According to local legend, the site was chosen because the mountain range which the statue is carved in is shaped like a reclined Buddha, with the statue at the heart. Ingame, the Buddha provides 6 :c5happy: Happiness, with an additional 1 :c5happy: Happiness for every 3 social policies adopted. The Leshan Giant Buddha can be downloaded either from the Ingame ModBrowser, or from the CivFanatics download database, found Here

Spoiler Screenshots :

Lake Titicaca's ability looks good, but shouldn't it actually require a lake (is that not possible)?

It was for Xunantunich.
[Translation]
This is the account of how
all was in suspense,
all calm,
in silence;
all motionless,
quiet,
and empty was the expanse of the sky.
It's an English translation of part of the Popol Vuh.

Awesome, I'll definately use that! Thanks!

If anyone can fluently translate into another language (Other than Spanish and possibly Italian) and are willing to translate these wonders into another language please send me a PM whenever you can! Thanks!

hey Pouakai, what's your avatar? i mean i quite like it, is that one of your wonders i've missed?

It's an upcoming wonder, if you look at the ground in it you'll get an idea as to what it is. It will be released at the end of November, due to exams that I have throughout this month. Thanks!

I rotate the monitor... WOW! :goodjob:
Good luck for your exams! same here :crazyeye:

I rotate the monitor... WOW!

That's the problem with the icon, at smaller sizes the patterns are hard to discern, i couldn't see the pattern at all while i was resizing it to 45x45! It's much clearer at 256x256 though.

Looking forward to the release of the wonder.

Edit: 300th post! Imaginary cookies for everyone!

Yay, imaginary cookies!

I'm going to hopefully be trying some new effects for the upcoming wonders, here's hoping they work!

Sounds very exiting!

Do you have any idea when they'll be released. Been holding off starting a new game since you posted :)

\Skodkim

Top Bottom