MP6 - a Madman and his Ladies.

Time to get back to the girls. Mapstat shows 2 wars as I had read. Our wife is not helping us

against Spain though. I would hate to get a backstabbing wife so I'll consider bringing her in

as an ally. I read that we are supposed to get her in our wars anyhow. Elsewhere I'm really

not liking the 27 archers and more being built. This Arch map is very condusive to Zerk

attacks. Our research rate stinks. I think I want to get the gems from the English and then

close that war. We have 2 naked settlers sitting near our wifes land in our ex-lovers

territory.

Change some builds to libs and markets, shortrushing copenhagens market through a temple for

$216. I give Joan an "I love my wife card with $25 to ally against Spain. Hopefully I can rest

a turn and then take it down.

IT - France runs to take out Spain. Get a please leave us from Cathy. Build an archer and a

worker.

(1) 360AD - 9 cities will go into revolt next turn so I will need to address that. Build a

city in What will be French territory after Issabella is gone. All ships take off on goto's.

I'll have a look. Would have rather had them pulling into the gem mountain for defense bonus.

Fix the cities and we're off again. Wait a minute! Found a ship sleeping with 2 archers on

board next to Seville. Probably Ragnar himself stopping off to see the wife.

IT - France takes down 1 spear in Toledo another stands.

(2) 370AD - Moving units about. Take the 2 injured guys out of Toledos range and land 2 groups

near English towns. Go Elite defending 1 of the new cities.

IT - Not to much.

(3) 380AD - Take 2 English cities and get peace plus 145g and 3gpt. Does not help the WW as we

have to go 40%. We should take down Toledo next turn though. Start loading Copenhagen for

capital disband. Copenhagen is building another settler right now to replace it.

IT - Egypt and Byz start Sistines.

(4) 390AD - Moving some more archers into position for Toledo, just as France did.

IT - Delay production on Trondheim's settler for disband. Egypt finally got Byz money for

mono.
Cope - Market>Temple for new capital.

(5) 400AD - We destroy the spanish and WW drops. Adjust all around and get 63gpt.

IT - Destroy Trondheim after selling assets. Bergen builds an archer and goes to Temple to get

more tiles. Birka - Market > Temple.

(6) 410 - Lovers Leap is built in honor of Isabella's demise and starts a barracks to avenge

her death against all the other women that ruined that relationship. Invention in 14 at -1gpt

with 466g in the bank. Still getting galleys back to ports. Have 4 slaves digging on gems.

IT - Stock - Lib - Worker.

(7) 420AD - Abandon Glochester gem town due to 5% flip risk and have a settler ready to settle

in 1 turn. Invention in 12 now at -4gpt.

IT - Nada

(8) - 430AD - Still building things. Settler in place for gemtown.

IT - Our spices run out and I am forced to pay 12gpt, ivory and 80g o renew to protect against

riots.

(9) 440AD - Do the rounds and Cathy won't trade for Eng anymore? Sneak attack? No troops

nearby? Change a build to pike.Pull the trigger on the eng monopoly. Get both mono and monarch

plus gpt from Joan, get 21gpt and 80g from Cleo.Get theology for 160g and eng from Elizabeth.

Chivalry is ahead of us with everyone but Cahy who is dead in the water techwise. 8 turns till

invention.

IT - Constantinople gets Sun Tzu.

(10) 450AD - Cathy will trade theo for chiv, don't really need it though. Still moving units.

I have a lot of temples nearly complete and then we should get some more markets with the

tiles opening up for growth. After invention comes in I would say go all cash for berzerk

upgrades and launch at Cathy with an Egypt ally. Probably drag Joan in to slow her down a bit.
I would probably even trade invention for education to open up that tree.

One down, five to go. :D

I just had a good (I think) plan that I want to run by you guys. Russia and Egypt are our two continental ladies. We finish up research on on Invention, then set science to 0% , to save for upgrades. Finish off Russia, then go after Egypt who has - the Great Library. :) The only "useful" MA techs I could see would be some shiny new ships for our Berserkers, but if we keep our wars on the mainland, those won't be necessary until later.

So we'll be saving gold while the AI does all the research. :mischief: We'll probably get IA techs with the GL capture.

I'll play later today or definitely tomorrow.

Only problrm I see with the MP pklan is that Berserks are less than useful on land. They are most effective sailing into a coastal town, taking down the defense, burning the town, then moving on. To make it work and keep casualties down you need defenders handy in supporting craft, and they land right after the victorious 'zerk, then everybody climbs back on the boats and does it again.
That is tough to do with galleys, for you need a lot of them.

Even a 'zerk army is not immune from attack by land based forces like knights.

Bede said:
Only problrm I see with the MP pklan is that Berserks are less than useful on land. They are most effective sailing into a coastal town, taking down the defense, burning the town, then moving on. To make it work and keep casualties down you need defenders handy in supporting craft, and they land right after the victorious 'zerk, then everybody climbs back on the boats and does it again.
That is tough to do with galleys, for you need a lot of them.

Even a 'zerk army is not immune from attack by land based forces like knights.
lurker's comment: point WELL taken with my No Sci No Trade game!!!

@Bede: This is going to be a problem sooner or later anyway...we can't even build defenders in this variant. If we attack the land civs now, then that will get the hard part out of the way while Berserks are dominant. Trying to kill rifles on our continent would be harder than making a simultaneous attack on coastal cities, then finishing up the interior ones against the island civs.

I just need to clear this up...I have forgot about the variant as well before, which is Berserkers-only.

You're right, forgot the variant.

Hey guys,
We are atking on Cathy and Cleo. They are near coastal 'nebors and we have plenty of galleys. All non-ring cities have had 1-2 spears. Zerks can beat that. We have around 18 galleys. We should be able to take around 9 towns with that alone and with the proximity and time until launch we should have well over 20. Once we go into rush mode as any insane f'ed up relationship guy would we should even add the varient of no defense in cities. I'm hearing some I love my girl issues out there!!! Play it the way it stands. We are ZERKS!

In fact I'm upset with the last few log entries. No pansy-asses in this relationship game. We are ahead and I hear whining! What is this. Crap I say. Play on.

Get your shot of whiskey and beer in hand and play!

MeteorPunch said:
I just had a good (I think) plan that I want to run by you guys. Russia and Egypt are our two continental ladies. We finish up research on on Invention, then set science to 0% , to save for upgrades. Finish off Russia, then go after Egypt who has - the Great Library. :) The only "useful" MA techs I could see would be some shiny new ships for our Berserkers, but if we keep our wars on the mainland, those won't be necessary until later.
I like this plan :hammer: Zerk's are 70s, so we need our core towns at 14, 17/18 (with MM), or 24spt. Archer -> Zerk upgrade costs 200s, any chance on getting Leo's (600s) to cut down on that?

Not a turnlog, but a summary:

- Abandoned Toledo.
- Risor abandoned. I shouldn't have abandoned these..oh well. I didn't want to risk France starting a war with unguarded cities as I brought the archers that were there back to the mainland for the fight.
- Russia demanded Theology and I gave in.
- Wow I'm an idiot. rushed a harbor at gemtown and we need astronomy to actually get the gems.
- Strike up a nice deal with Cleo to fund our cash-strapped war adventures. 2 luxuries for 88 gold and 15 gpt.
- Invention discovered!
- Archer->Berserk upgrade is 150 gold!
- I've got galleys ready on the north and west Russian borders to berserk attack some coastal cities. I don't know if we're ready for war now, or maybe in 10-15 turns. The GA will help our production a lot once it gets rolling. There's still some infrastructure I'd build first as we were some blood-thirsty warmongers and forgot to build infrastructure.
- We have trade deals available for Invention - none are really that great. Also remember, always give into demands by Byzantine and France, so we might want to make a deal before too long (not with Byz or Russia though).

Our cultural dominance:

Cities I thought would flip to France (both abandoned):

Galleys to ship Berserkers soon:

You just had to display the galleys, instead of putting them on the same tile, didn't you? :)

If my turn comes before August 15th, please autoskip me. I'll be in Croatia :).

Preflight check: Ok, weak and thin, but starting to spit out Berzerkers.

IBT: Lover’s Leap temple -> market; Jungle Fever court -> worker

T1: 560AD move workers

T2: 570AD
IBT: Stavanger worker -> worker; Farsund worker -> temple

T3: 580AD Computer locks up so lose some data and replay 570AD

IBT: Renew peace with England; Copen zerk -> zerk

T4: 590AD
IBT: Reykjavik market -> zerk; Jungle Everywhere gets hit by disease

T5: 600AD
IBT: Oslo market -> court; Birka zerk -> zerk; Jungle Fever worker -> worker
English complete Sistine’s; Lots of cascades towards Leo’s

T6: 610AD zzz

T7: 620AD nada, up to 9 zerks now

T8: 630AD
IBT: Bergen zerk -> zerk; Byz renew Ivory deal for 8gpt and 40g

T9: 640AD
IBT: Alesund temple -> zerk; Farsund flips to the English

T10: 650AD We have 13 zerks and 18 archers. Core still needs work, but at least the FP will be done in 4T. Also, Birka could be a good shield town and can get up to 14spt after corruption.
I figured the 1st strike on Russia would be going for Yaroslavl’ and Vladivostok, so 3 galleys with zerks are loaded to take Yaro and 6 zerks + 2 eArchers around Alesund (4 in town, 2 in nearby towns that can move down quickly.

Alright, looks like war for a while. Anybody else thinking about Monarchy? Repub is fine as long as we don't lose any towns. We need to get some horsies rolling too. The coast cities should fall relatively easy. If we can transport some defense with the zerks we should be able to move inland with them.

no defenses may be built, we're playing berserks-only variant.

Attacking the coast and moving inland always seems good. We take out the coastal allowing cleo to take out the inner cities.

have enough $$ for an alliance with Cleo. stay in republic until we get unreasonable (40% lux slider?) unhappiness. We will be in GA so this war for the Russian mainland shouldn't last more than 15-25 turns.

Berserks start the GA, so I'd wait 4 turns for the FP before attacking to get max use of the GA.

EDIT: Also our culture is horrible. I would raze all cities, so we need to get some kind of settler pump going.

Roster
1. MeteorPunch
2. SesnOfWthr
3. Grahamiam - played.
4. Bede - up
5. Pentium - on deck
6. Barbslinger

I'm here and got it. Play tonight.

The "Grapple with the Girlfriend" has begun. I had to take back the ivory pendants I was sending her though. She pawned some of them and bought nasties on horseback (about 10 or so).

Cleo the sloe eyed sweetie was happy to join the catfight for a lifetime supply of Geritol (she's getting old and a little tired) and we got Edumacated in the deal, too.

The Girlfriends's first four coastal cities were easy prey, including one source of iron, buit she has already rebuilt one and has a settler team waiting to rebuild another. Each city came at the cost of the victorious 'zerk and another was lost in the defense of Alesund, and three more in a failed attempt to capture Vladivostok.

The action is all to the west at Alesund and in the surrounding mountains. Russian maces are incoming at Stockholm and longbows and AC at Alesund

Jungle Fever is now set up to produce settlers with a granary.

Cleo has been of limited assistance as she has only had iron for about five turns and her WC aren't much use against Russian pikes and such but she should be in the fight pretty soon.

The troops are gathering at Alesund to start a march against Russia. I was relunctant to commit the settler until more of the AC's were used up, though, as they come bombing out of the fog and just wreak havoc on D2 Berzerks.

The people are still pretty happy (lux at 30 with some markets coming on line soon).

The Point of Contention

doh! edjumicated isn't good. we were going to capture the GL from miss Cleo and catch up on all the MA techs. oh well. Now if we get astronomy from someone, that will give us a sea route for gems.

I honestly don't know how to do berserker combat that well with defense of 2 and 1 point movement. Attacking the shores sounds good of course. Once we get an army, we can use it for covering a whole stack of Berserkers.

Need some good ideas.

Roster
1. MeteorPunch
2. SesnOfWthr
3. Grahamiam
4. Bede - just played.
5. Pentium - up
6. Barbslinger - on deck

just making sure you dont think youre on your own here.
well, you're not.
its good to know that Jungle Fever is still up and running.
how about a lurker turn again, sometime, MP?
i've been silent, but watchful...

Top Bottom