MTDG Cage Match - The Fight for Glory!

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
RegentMan said:
I thought you'd never ask!

Although you'll probably win since you're much better than me.

This is how RegentMan responded when I asked him about the possibility of a cage match in Civ4 between the two MTDG admins (actually, I made up the second sentence :mischief:).

Following in the footsteps of the fabled Civ3 DG Cage Match between donsig and Donovan Zoi, we hope to showcase our Civ4 talent in an awesome PBEM-duel...although we hope to go a bit faster than the Civ3 Cage Match's 200 turns in over 3 years, this cage match will be a duel between two of the best greatest average Civ4 players you will ever see. Complete with playful banter, mimicking taunts, and spoiler threads, you'll want to keep an eye on this (at least until I whoop RegentMan).

So, let the discussion begin - we'll start with a nice, narrow topic:
What settings do you want this game to be on? (this is open to anyone, not just RM)

Let the games begin! :viking:

Woooooooooooot!

Although Ginger_Ale's pitiful taunting and misquoting is going to be his downfall. Do you think you're all that? I think not, my young apprentice. Soon I will humbly defeat you and your cocky ways. Bring it on, East Coaster!

As for the game parameters I think some AIs will be fun; like in the original cage match. Three AIs gets us a small map; five a standard. Those are the two sizes I'll play on. A pangaea map would be best. Barbs are scary :scared: . We can let the people decide who we shall rule. That, or pick them ourselves (random would be fun too). Wherever we shall play, I'd love to see some outside thoughts and insights. Pick a side. Root for the longbow!

Ginger ---> :spank: <--- RegentMan

DaveMcW said:
Do you guys have Warlords? It's a lot more interesting when you can vassalize AIs and throw them at each other. :D

I will show restraint not use the words vassal and regentman in the same sentance (except this one). I would like to see a small balanced map, we don't want to many AI gettting the the way of you two taking shreads out of each other.

Also us picking your civs for you would be fun.

can we also compete in this match
so we can kick admins ass
or be allys with one admin

Karl Townsend said:
can we also compete in this match
so we can kick admins ass
or be allys with one admin

Ah, but that would ruin the fun of seeing one of us victor over the other.

A small map with 3 AIs would be nice, I'm all up for random AIs. Pangea's pretty good too so it won't take forever to meet each other (and subsequently declare war :p). Shall we just go with a randomly generated map or do you want someone to make/tweak it?

if you going for 3 AI's you should have all 5 mtdg teams with you and RM random assigned one of the teams :)

I'd say let the commoners, such as I, decide which civs you are. Random could turn out to be unbalanced for one of you. Although I think RM should get the stronger civ....you know as a handicap...... :p

Mauer said:
I'd say let the commoners, such as I, decide which civs you are. Random could turn out to be unbalanced for one of you. Although I think RM should get the stronger civ....you know as a handicap...... :p

Letting you guys decide in some polls what civs we will be is fine - RM, you up to it? You can also vote RM to have a better civ, because, as we all know, his skills can't quite compare to mine (don't tell him I said that :D).

As you know, I prefer a random map. I don't think we'll need a map maker.

Yep, I'm all for letting the group pick our civs. Although don't give me the "stronger" civ just because. It was just one game... :(

Besides, with Ginger's lack of Civ IV skills, giving me the stronger civ is just the nail in the coffin. :D

Shall I go ahead and create 2 polls for RM and I's civilizations? You guys can vote for up to 3 or something.

We should go with an all random map (besides pangea). :evil:

Will you be polling all the civs for each of you?

Personally, I don't think either of you should wind up with a late game UU. But maybe that's just because I'm impatient ;)

Yeah, probably.

RM, if you read this and agree to polling our civs, you can set up the polls if you have some free time, if not I'll do it in the morning.

Ahhh, as you wish.

If you want to suggest a leader(s) for RM and I, post now! Keep in mind it has to be one of the original 18, no Warlords ones.

I also have a brand-new sig! :)

I have a suggestion as a possible combination

Elizabeth vs Catherine

both are financial and both have UU's at roughly the same time so the should be no complaints from the loser.

You can "toss a coin" over who has who

Top Bottom