[MULT] Pitboss Worldbuilding Challenge REBOOT: Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by dot80, Jun 16, 2014.

1. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Yes, definitely retry MrCasperTom. No worries on successive stories. I did the same thing :) it doesn't really make a difference.

2. Silverman6083

Silverman6083 History-Lover

Ok I'll be up in DC until the 18th, may or may not make my turn on the 18th, so I left on my game with my box checked, so was everybody able to get on?

3. MrCasperTom

MrCasperTom Warlord

Nope, won't even let me log in now (get the error joining multiplayer both last night and this morning)

4. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

I tried it just now and it let me in.

5. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Okay, three things:

1) Are you still having trouble logging in, MrCasperTom? I've been able to log on just fine three times now, so if you're still having problems I'd assume they're on your end.
    2) Also, we've now met, so if you wanted to team up and write a story where the Meyuans and Esperanae meet in the world we can do that.
    3) The game doesn't want to let me buy a shrine, either...anyone else been able to build/buy one?

6. MrCasperTom

MrCasperTom Warlord

Yeah I haven't managed to log in for about 3 days. The only thing I can think is causing it is I've had to change my steam profile name so that might have caused problem, but other then that I'm not sure.

7. Heerlo

I am or was building one. I think I finished it already.

8. dot80

dot80 Emperor

I can't build one, haven't tried to buy one. I can try kicking you MrCasperTom, maybe then it will let you join.

Also, has anyone hear from sh3baproject? The game log doesn't say he's logged in recently.

9. Heerlo

I talked to him the other day. Steam says he was last online 5 ours ago.

10. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Just making sure :) I also private messaged him with no response.

11. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Okay, maybe try kicking and then having MrCasperTom rejoin so we can get him back online. Heerlo, can you do me a favor and check just to make sure that the shrine actually built? And hopefully Sh3ba will crop back up; otherwise, we can try to find a substitute.

12. Heerlo

Sure thing, Majah!

Edit: Already told cpm this, but my shrine did get built correctly.

13. sh3baproject

sh3baproject Warlord

sorry about being inactive XD other games are too fun. plus i just got my computer clean of viruses. again -.-

14. Silverman6083

Silverman6083 History-Lover

yeah sorry about the lack of updates, I'm still interested, but currently I'm doing nothing, or almost nothing in my game, so not much to write about.

15. Heerlo

I'm also intending to get back to writing soon if I can. I've just been really busy lately.

16. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Okay, so, dot, I'm going to suggest something. Can you possibly save the game in the middle of a turn cycle and reload it? I'm thinking that might help resolve MrCasperTom's issues and possibly my own weirdness with shrines, too. Would that be possible for you to do?

17. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Game reset. Hopefully that helps! No worries on the lack of updates. I'm in the same boat, and am currently brainstorming for my next round of updates.

18. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Still no luck on the shrine thing...able to log in, MrCasperTom?
    If not, could we try rebooting the server again?

19. MrCasperTom

MrCasperTom Warlord

Can't check is I'm able to log in. Sadly my laptop which I use to play has broken (seems as if it is just the screen that is cracked thankfully) so it means I have to send it off for repair. This can take ~14days apparently so even if I could log in I have that long to wait. Sorry guys but, obviously, unavoidable hell has broken loose.

20. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Oh no! I suppose we could try experimenting with me substituting for you with the host PC. (Kicking you, and then switching to your slot). I could just send you screenshots and you could send me orders. We do have someone interested in being a substitute, however as long as you fully intend to re-takeover the spot once you have your computer back, I think it would be better for me to just do it. 14 turns is just long enough where it could really have an effect on the progress of your civilization, however not long enough for a substitute to be able to do anything meaningful.

On another note, I have figured out the problems with the shrines. For those of us that have more DLC than are in use, there is a bug with how the game loads pitboss. It is supposed to load with the same DLC as what the host has enabled, however this is not happening. The additional DLC somehow is causing certain builds to not work correctly. In this thread on the 2K forum they prescribed manually loading the game without extra DLC. This can be done by loading the game, clicking 'DLC', and un-checking all except the 2 expansions and Polynesia DLC. I'm going to try this for the next few turns to see if that allows me to build a shrine.

Finally, I am going to again propose that we start up a monthly story contest. Each player will have a vote (can't vote for oneself), and each reader will have two votes, or something similar. Each monthly vote a player wins, gets him one point. Whenever we complete the game, the person with the most points win. I think this will stoke a bit of interest on both sides. As far as we are concerned, the writing has slowed a bit (I'm guilty of this). On the readers, not really seeing much interest. Perhaps an interactive element could help with this.