Multiple Production Mod

there is a gameoption. did you merge sdk AND xml?

<GameOptionInfo>
<Type>GAMEOPTION_MULTIPLE_PRODUCTION</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_MULTIPLE_PRODUCTION</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_MULTIPLE_PRODUCTION_HELP</Help>
<bDefault>0</bDefault>
<bVisible>1</bVisible>
</GameOptionInfo>

Ok a very quick story of what I did:
1. Downloaded the v003 zip and installed it as a mod. The behaviour I described above was with this install. The Mult Prod mod (MPM) did not come up as an option in the custom game screen. Despite the option missing, the MPM did work in game.
2. I downloaded the v003+BBAI zip and did the same thing (installed as a mod) and it did correctly give the option at the custom game screen.
3. I merged the changes from v003+BBAI zip into PIG Mod and the option works correctly as well as the mod's functionality.

I am just guessing here but maybe the DLL for the v003 zip was not correctly compiled? The source might be ok but something in Assets isn't.

EDIT...
Actually, I can't completely discount the possibility it was a problem with mod folders conflicting in My Docs and under the program's install path. It's not a problem anymore anyway.

Okay this could be right. Don't you want to use bbai?

I've already merged a later version of BBAI. And for the sake of seeing precisely what changes this mod made I went with the option of downloading the stand alone version of the mod first. I just had more success with the zip that included BBAI. When I did get around to merging it, it didn't matter much since the changes made in BBAI in successive versions are mostly cumulative. That is, the code differences that showed up in winmerge were pretty much the only relevant ones anyway. :) I'm not sure if what I just described is very clear or not. :blush:

I just wanted to say that this is a great mod. It has changed the way I view my big cities.

Yes, it's a great mod especially for the faster gamespeeds too. All too often my Heroic Epic city in Quick games ends up wasting hammers every turn despite me building the most expensive indefinitely.

It is even better if you mod a faster gamespeed than Quick. :D

I made a gamespeed called Lightning that has only 200 turns in the game max (I think it's 330 in Quick speed). That sort of speed wouldn't be playable if it weren't for this mod.

I'm sorry that I have left this thread and responded nothing for a long time.

I am so relieved this modcomp have gone well.
It's my pleasure that this serves any other modders. :)

I wrote a guide on merging in the tutorials section, but given that noone has commented on it, I'm not sure how useful people think it is! :lol:

Hello all, Hello Denev,

I've now tried several times to incorporate this modcomp into my mod but I'm pretty unsuccesful with it…
I'm not (total) noob to merging SDK modcomp, (but I'm not that experience, so I might just be overlooking something a little unusual) but I'm struggling with this one….!
For some unknow reason, my game just crashes (regardless of me selection or not the Multiple Production option), when I SETTLE my cities.
Anyone having the same problem, and able to solve it ? :D Or simply a good indication of how I could find out what the problem is/better proceed ?
If I recall well (I've done this process several time) even compiling the file you provided by themselve lead to the same problem.

Hello all, Hello Denev,

I've now tried several times to incorporate this modcomp into my mod but I'm pretty unsuccesful with it…
I'm not (total) noob to merging SDK modcomp, (but I'm not that experience, so I might just be overlooking something a little unusual) but I'm struggling with this one….!
For some unknow reason, my game just crashes (regardless of me selection or not the Multiple Production option), when I SETTLE my cities.
Anyone having the same problem, and able to solve it ? :D Or simply a good indication of how I could find out what the problem is/better proceed ?
If I recall well (I've done this process several time) even compiling the file you provided by themselve lead to the same problem.

Hello, P&nny.

I tried to merge your mod and succeeded to settle first city.
Do you have deleted all object files(.obj) before starting re-compile?
Sometimes Makefile overlooks files that have to be re-compiled.

Hey Denev,

It worked great indeed thx !

I feel kinda stupid though, he took me 5min this time and everything works great !
I did now I need to recompile the complete stuff for option (gameoption order) & playeroption, but not for that. I will do that first thing when I'm stuck next problem :lol::)

Denev, just wanted to say I used this as my inspiration for a Multiple Research game option, which does essentially the same thing as this, but with research.

Does the AI understand this modcomp?

I suggest to add
Code:
if (!isHuman())
			{
			    AI_chooseProduction();
			}
after the popOrder

Does the AI understand this modcomp?

I suggest to add
Code:
if (!isHuman())
			{
			    AI_chooseProduction();
			}
after the popOrder

Making sure I have the correct placement there, as I'm likely to use it (already sent you a PM to see if you'd made any AI additions for this. :lol:). Put your addition in bold.

Spoiler :
Code:
while (isProduction() && productionLeft() <= iOverflowProductionModified)
			{
				changeProduction(iOverflowProductionModified);
				setOverflowProduction(0);

popOrder(0, true, true);

[B]if (!isHuman())
				{
				    AI_chooseProduction();
				}[/B]

//to eliminate pre-build exploits for all Wonders and all Projects
				if (isProductionWonder() || isProductionProject())
				{
					break;
				}

//to eliminate pre-build exploits for Settlers and Workers
				if (isFoodProduction() && !isBuiltFoodProducedUnit())
				{
					break;
				}

if (isProductionProcess())
				{
					break;
				}

//fix production which floods from overflow capacity to next queue item if it exists
				if (isProduction() && m_iLostProductionBase > 0)
				{
					changeProduction(getExtraProductionDifference(m_iLostProductionBase));
					clearLostProduction();
				}

iOverflowProductionModified = getOverflowProductionDifference();
			}

What would those lines do, exactly? If the player is not the human, then what?

Top Bottom