Multipolarity IV Game Thread

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Tani Coyote, May 5, 2013.

1. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Antioch uses a variation of indentured servitude.

2. AltarofScience

AltarofScience The Brain

Better than slavery. We can't expect much more from that area of the world.

3. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

the Roman Emperor, after a stern scolding from his wife about laughing evilly, asks Antioch is they can trade 4 provinces (that is, the Aegean, Corfu, Crete and Cyprus) for a large amount of gold.

if i missed one greek province that they control, add that, and increase the gold.

4. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Son of Huehuecoyotl

Antioch proposes the Treaty of Nicosia. Key terms are as follows:

-For one, Antioch reserves the right to evacuate all people and infrastructure from the provinces beforehand
    -To make up for the resource loss, 4,000 gold is requested
    -All Byzantine influence in Egypt shall be turned over to Antioch

We understand giving up a full biannum's worth of revenue is a high price, but the unified Greek provinces and your vastly expanded (and free from resistance!) resource base will thank you.

5. Mathalamus

Done.

(OOC: that is, assuming its the same provinces you described in the VM)

6. AltarofScience

AltarofScience The Brain

Wow, stuff getting crazy in here.

7. Tani Coyote

Antioch's engineer corps is positively giddy at the Roman acceptance.

Effective next year, the administration of Cyprus, Antiochan Anatolia, and the islands of the Aegean, Ionian, and Adriatic Seas shall pass to Rome, once payment is confirmed.

8. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 Thought Bubble Thinker Supporter

We are vastly disappointed in Rome. We had hoped that this new Roman Empire had discarded the barbarities of slavery. It is obvious that we are wrong, as you are siding with the slavers right now. We warn you, your siding with Jakata will bring nothing but ruin for your people.

9. Mathalamus

Realpolitik.

10. KaiserElectric

KaiserElectric Total Freakin Besties

Realpolitik is nothing but a buzzword you hide under to escape from the immorality of your actions.

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  11. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 Thought Bubble Thinker Supporter

Indeed, we were going to respond to your claim but the 501st Legion has already responded with more wit and tact than we could ever hope to.

12. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Realpolitik is also not what people think it is.

It is about pragmatisms, not about dodging issues like slavery or, in the case of the Roman Empire, hiding their content apathy by calling it "right action" when indeed it demonstrates that actions speak louder than words by showing that they do not care for the suffering a slave may endure. Goon Squad does realpolitik by not being blinded by ideological discourse. Rome is content and apathetic, not the qualities of realpolitik but that of a falling state, living behind the times of a post-modern age.

13. Mathalamus

Oh fine, so i don't know what the word actually means. i apologize.

i just don't care that my Ally is a slave trading state. does it truly matter? i would not blacklist a nation just because they use slavery, its not a smart choice.

additionally: we have no way of convincing them to give up slavery. its their nation, their culture, their choice.

14. Tani Coyote

Antioch requests a non-aggression pact with Rome.

Antioch has signed a defensive alliance with Oman.

15. KaiserElectric

KaiserElectric Total Freakin Besties

I was using IC rhetoric, if you weren't aware. :p

16. Tani Coyote

New Prime Minister in Britain

The British Kingdom reports that after many years of service, the Prime Minister has decided to retire from his position, a successor having taken his place and promising the same policy of "isolationist self-reliance" that Britain has possessed for the last decade.

Of the largest promises of the new Prime Minister is a massive increase in the British fleet. The "Dreadnought Initiative" seeks to radically expand the quality of training, weapons and naval vessels available to the British navy.

"We were once the world's greatest navy, and so we shall be once more!"

The second largest reform has been a desire to "put the MI6 back to work." Britain's security forces, in a time of increasing terrorist activities, have been instructed to root out enemy agents, whether foreign or non-governmental, within the confines of the British Isles.

CivGeneral has informed me of an inability to really participate for a short time as he adjusts to a new sleeping schedule, and so I shall be casting my shadow over Britain.

17. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

that's two in the hands of the moderator. Oh, and I will get around to giving directives on the general directions the Golden Horde should abide by, by either this turn or next I suspect.

Isolationism all the way until then I suppose.

18. Tani Coyote

For an indeterminate length of time, it looks like the Golden Master will have delegated his duties to some of his Prelates. :p

19. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

"Sir, we may have a problem."

Commander Russell Sharp blinked. Agent Forestree was standing in front of his desk looking sharp and attentive. She was always doing that.

"Is it important? I'm in the middle of something."

"The crossword puzzle will have to wait sir. Please turn to page 5." So it was something in the news. Must be important.

A few page turns later have him gaping. "We're in the paper?"

"Yes sir."

Well. That was new. "How long has it been since that last happened?"

"Around 10 years sir, since the Leth originally panicked." Ah the Leth. At least they were created by man and knew to be damn respectful and paranoid. "What are your orders sir?"

Oh. Right. "Well I guess I should figure out if this is us or not."

"You don't know. Sir." Oh great, now she's glaring again.

"Hey it's been years! My job is to just sort of keep the whole thing running smoothly-"

"And deal with the money."

"-and deal with the money. It's the Primes who do all the day to day stuff now."

She was just staring at him. A very steady gaze. Russell made a mental note to never play poker with her. And to approve some field work time. Agent Forestree was obviously not getting to let off enough steam.

"I don't need to know." It didn't sound defensive at all. "The Primes run the Agendas ok. Look I'll just call up Lucius, he's the leader in that area. I'm sure he'll know what is going on."

"Do you think it was his group sir?"

Russell gave his beard a scratch while he looked for the phone number. "Dunno. In this game people usually only get found out when they want to get found out you know?"

"I know that whether it was intentional or not, the world finally has something they can pin publicly on Humanity First."

"I'll confirm who's behind it. You go do-what is your job anyway?"

She gives him a tight smile and leaves.

"Women. tch."

20. AltarofScience

AltarofScience The Brain

Due to the changing circumstances of the game and also my growing understanding that I joined out of nostalgia for a game of BoP I played in the past rather than a rational analysis of each part of the game set up, The High Human Illumination no longer exists as of this moment, in the context of the game the non baseline humans have given up on creating change is this morally depraved world but in real life the only reason I was able to put up with a week long turn around on orders was that there was a chance to have fun fighting over the now stable and NPCed player nations.

Without that light at the end of the tunnel the insanity of waiting a week for every turn to happen will drive me totally insane. I should have recognized this from the start but the concept of MP was just so interesting at the time.

I do totally understand WHY each turn is given a 5 day window and then 2 days to process but, that doesn't help to make it less glacially slow.