My take on stuff

This is the save

Attachments

• Dido BC-131734.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.6 MB · Views: 212
I have seen something strange on special buildings that may be related (or not):

c2cwonder.png

Thanks, its getting late here so I'll look at it tomorrow.
I have seen something strange on special buildings that may be related (or not):

View attachment 489589
Heh, first I only saw the text key error and was going to reply that it was unrelated, but when I took another look at the image I noticed the line about National Wonders, so yeah that could actually be related.
I haven't played the modmod since i added that "civic superstition" autobuild. Maybe I've accidentally set it to be a national wonder.

Good bug reporting. Thanks, saves me a lot of time.

I'm sure I'll have it fixed in no time tomorrow.

Last edited:
MToS v0.1.6.8.7
  • Two autobuilds ("Superstition" and "Oral Tradition") were accidentally defined as national wonders, fixed that.
    • @Fermongu : This won't retroactively get your city to understand that it has built one national wonder less. I don't think there's any way to fix that. I'd advice you to start a new game; sorry.
    • You could cheat your way through it by increasing the max NW limit by 1 for Poor culture level, it is found in CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml.
      • add this line to the CULTURELEVEL_ALT_POOR entry:
        • <iMaxNationalWonders>2</iMaxNationalWonders>

Last edited:
I like a lot the concept of gatherers constructing "gather-related" buildings, BUT i really dislike that gatherers auto-complete tile improvements. Again, is the later intended? Can this "auto-complete" be reverted to base C2C?

I like a lot the concept of gatherers constructing "gather-related" buildings, BUT i really dislike that gatherers auto-complete tile improvements. Again, is the later intended? Can this "auto-complete" be reverted to base C2C?
It's intended. It helps the AI to get improvements up faster in the early game without having to repeatedly retreat with their gatherer (before finishing the improvement) because of roaming barbarians/Neanderthals close to the border.
If you wan't to try and revert it you will have to look at what builds the UNIT_GATHERER can perform in CIV4UnitInfos.xml.
And change the iTime for those builds inside CIV4BuildInfos.xml.

MToS v0.1.6.8.9
  • SVN compatibility update
MToS v0.1.6.8.9.1
MToS v0.1.6.8.9.2
  • Removed Settler and Chieftain Difficulties
  • Made Warlord one step harder than Noble instead of one step easier.
  • This update break saves, at least if you were playing on Deity or Immortal difficulty.
  • Made a new Patch for PPIO
MToS v0.1.6.8.9.3
MToS v0.1.6.8.9.4
  • SVN compatibility and maintenance update, fixed some inconsistencies.

Last edited:
Perhaps, probably not, it is terribly outdated atm.

I'll polish it up for latest SVN soonish. Perhaps develop it some more too.

This modmod has been low priority for me lately.
I've also been playing the game Hearts of Iron IV a lot lately, takes much of my modding time away. ^^

Perhaps, probably not, it is terribly outdated atm.

I'll polish it up for latest SVN soonish. Perhaps develop it some more too.

This modmod has been low priority for me lately.
I've also been playing the game Hearts of Iron IV a lot lately, takes much of my modding time away. ^^

Great looking forward to it I really enjoy playing with this Modmod and the changes you incorporate into it. Not a fan of HOI IV sorry, much prefer HOI III :)

Not a fan of HOI IV sorry, much prefer HOI III :)
Both are good games imo.

MToS v0.1.6.8.9.5 ▬ C2C v38.5 edition
  • Adjusted for C2C v38.5 ( SVN rev. 10106 ).
  • Updated the PPIO patch
MToS v0.1.6.8.9.6 ▬ C2C v38.5 edition
  • Reduced probability for a few events.
  • Tweaked resource placement frequency (reduced) when creating new map.

Last edited:
MToS v0.1.6.8.9.7
SVN rev. 10511
  • Updated for latest SVN
  • May be unstable as it's almost a year of SVN changes since I last updated.
    • Only tested that the game starts up and ran 15 turns AI autoplay.
    • I will, going forward, first be working on bugs and generally tidying up the mess I left behind in the previous version.
    • After that I will continue on adding new stuff to the modmod.
MToS v0.1.6.8.9.8
SVN rev. 10518
  • Fixed TXT_ERROR's in the civic screen.
  • Reduced spawn of panthers and jaguars, reduced their movement from 2 to 1 too as they are sneaky and territorial animals that don't travel fast from one area to another.
    • They were a bit too deadly, this may make them more reasonable in that regard.
MToS v0.1.6.8.9.9
SVN rev. 10518
  • Fixed TXT_ERROR's in tech pedia/tooltip.
  • Small balancing changes.
MToS v0.1.6.9
SVN rev. 10525
  • Fixed some TXT_ERROR in techs.
MToS v0.1.6.10
SVN rev. 10527
  • Updated to latest SVN.

MToS v0.1.7
SVN rev. 10537
  • Abandoned some of my more ambitious event project.
    • Unimproved animal map bonuses will no longer move around the map.
      • This was mostly an annoying mechanic.
    • Forest aging and burn down mechanism moved from events to a dedicated python script that is independent to the event system.
      • No more popups about forest that burn down or age outside (or inside) the area you have explored.
  • Turned down event chance per turn as my experiment is finished.
  • Some minor balancing tweaks.

Last edited:
Forest aging and burn down mechanism moved from events to a dedicated python script that is independent on the event system.
  • No more popups about forest that burn down or age outside (or inside) the area you have explored.
This sounds like it would be welcome in the core.

Forest aging and burn down mechanism moved from events to a dedicated python script that is independent on the event system.
wish we could figure out how to get the "burnt" forest to be processed so that it does work when u start a game. Meaning we have burnt forest already , but unable to get it to be built when the game starts . . .DH was working on this like 4 years ago, but nothing ever was done about it . .??
Like the Andromeda strain also.
also the Nomad demo, for the Mongols etc. .
also Bandits and Pirates that pop up in the forest area . . .

Top Bottom