• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Napoleonic Wars

No, if you set the road (or irrigation, or mine) value for a terrain to 0, then you (the player nor the AI) cannot build them on that terrain :)

Of course, units themselves will still be able to traverse the terrain if it isn't impassable, but roads most certainly cannot be built there :)

That's great, that solves the problem of isolating india and africa. Since there is no air, sea or ocean trading. Thanks guys.

No, if you set the road (or irrigation, or mine) value for a terrain to 0, then you (the player nor the AI) cannot build them on that terrain :)

Of course, units themselves will still be able to traverse the terrain if it isn't impassable, but roads most certainly cannot be built there :)

That's great, that solves the problem of isolating india and africa. Since there is no air, sea or ocean trading. Thanks guys.

Would the same principal apply to ocean and sea tiles? If so, then sea and ocean trade could be allowed between european nations and disallowed/ blocked from the rest of the world. Is this not so?

Would the same principal apply to ocean and sea tiles? If so, then sea and ocean trade could be allowed between european nations and disallowed/ blocked from the rest of the world. Is this not so?

You could have a resource available only in Europe which is required to build a building which allows sea trade.

You could have a resource available only in Europe which is required to build a building which allows sea trade.

An improvement or wonder can allow water trade. A tech can allow sea or ocean trade. Using the flag "allow water trade, does that mean sea and ocean trade? If so, you could use sea and ocean LM to confine trade to euopean nations only, using the meathod you describe above. Is this correct Virote?

Yeah, so long as it requires the resource found only in Europe (and make sure this is a common resource so everyone has a couple of supplies!), and you've blocked everything off, it should fit perfectly.

Yeah, so long as it requires the resource found only in Europe (and make sure this is a common resource so everyone has a couple of supplies!), and you've blocked everything off, it should fit perfectly.

OK, I'll try it. Thanks Virote

Virote, regarding your post above re the LM terrain and commerce, all seems to be working well.

We are nearing completion. There are 2 major tasks yet to be completed. I have to redo/rewrite the civilopedia file and clean up the pediaicon file. I have finished the leaders with the exception of King George of Britain and Thomas Jefferson of America. Can't find a suitable LH for George and really need need someone to make a Jefferson LH.

Everything else is pretty minor. I am going to adjust the unit costs, fix some icons and some of the advisor pcx files need fixing. I may also add a few more buildings/improvements. I will then post the final prerelease version for testing for game play.

Looks like no one is interested is doing the two leaderheads I need so, I did these two static leaderheads.

George III (Britain)
[URL=http://img405.imageshack.us/i/englishlarge.jpg/][/URL]

Thomas Jefferson (America)

These are static leaderheads, but this will have to do for now. Now I just have to figure out how to fix the advisor files that aren't displaying correctly and create advisor files for these two new leaders.

Attachments

• race english_large.pcx
    20.7 KB · Views: 97
  • race AB-large.pcx
    17.1 KB · Views: 156
I finished everything and posted the link to the new main file at the bottom of post number one.
The Only thing that isn't complete is the civilopedia text file, but the game is complete and playable. There are 2 biq files in the new main folder. One is Napoleonic Wars (generic game). The second biq is Napoleonic Wars 1804. This biq has starting units for the French and the 3rd coalition of Austria, Russia and Britain in their approximate starting positions and strengths.

I will continue working on the civilopedia file and post it when it is completed.

As always, continue to post any errors, questions and suggestions you have and they will be addressed.

unless im stupid i couldnt find the BIQ file.
is it in the Main download??

Maybe my instructions weren't clear in post one. I'll double check that. Yes there are 2 Biq files in the main download folder. Also after downloading, rename the main file to read "Napoleonic Wars V1.03"

sorry D: i didnt read i GUESS i am stupid :)

I wasn't suggesting that!!!! It's a long post and it is easy to slip past that. Let may know if you have any other problems, errors, questions, or comments. Hope you enjoy it.

Is this still a work in progress or have all the bugs been worked out? If it's still a work in progress then I'm going to wait to dl until it's perfected. I will definitely be looking forward to the finished version because I would love to see how good it turns out.

Top Bottom