National Parks

pineappledan

Deity
Allows Workers to construct National Park improvements.
NationalPark4.png

National Park

Unlocked at Biology
Can be built on any Forest, Jungle, or Marsh
1:c5culture:1:c5science:1:tourism:
2:c5culture:2:c5science:2:tourism: at Alternative Energy
2:c5culture:2:c5science: for every adjacent Natural Wonder
1:c5culture:1:c5science: for every adjacent National Park
2:tourism: If worked by a city with a Zoo

Building changes: Zoos only give +1:c5culture: to Forest and Jungle (down from 2:c5culture:1:tourism:)

Credits:
  • Watchtower half-built art: Ekmek
  • Watchtower model conversion: Hawkwood & Hufgar
  • Code, text, icons: pineappledan

Attachments

• National Parks (v 4).zip
    400.6 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
I don't see why it should be blocked, if the user can choose to just activate it or not for their sake?

They share art icons as well. There wouldn't be any problem with unblocking it, but it just seemed hokey to me. If people don't like the block they can remove it themselves

Last edited:
I haven't tested it in a full AI game. The AI does not know to keep its features, and loves to chop, so I doubt the AI will get much use from this

Updated this mod.

Adds a Watchtower to the tile. Looks like this:

Credits :
Watchtower under build : Ekmek (I use his bunker under build skin)
Watchtower model : conversion of the outpost from EE2 converted to Civ4 by Walter Hawkwood.
Civ5 conversion of the Civ4 model : Hulfgar

I Removed the reforestation block, since these two mods no longer share any art files. I still recommend against using them together, for balance reasons.

How useful do you find jungle logging camps now that they lose :c5culture::tourism:? Lumber mills fare better due to their focus on production, but they also kind of rely on the zoo boost in order to be worked.

How useful do you find jungle logging camps now that they lose :c5culture::tourism:? Lumber mills fare better due to their focus on production, but they also kind of rely on the zoo boost in order to be worked.
less useful, but if I’m not focused on a CV then it’s only losing 1:c5culture: that is relevant. If are going for a CV, then the national park comes at the same time as zoos, and is a more powerful option for both CV and SV

on the whole, forests are more powerful and more flexible

re-uploaded. Found a rather serious bug with the zoo changes.
Also resized the watch tower, made it slightly bigger

Top Bottom