NDNESV: Another God One

No, because its my job to drive my people mad.

Edit: Okay fine, you can help. A little. I will also help you with the "Finding People's nightmare" part using the Mist. The point is no stealing their souls and using them for nightmare machines.

Duel Edit: Oh yes Thlayli! Join us in the Mist!

Triple Edit: By the way, Karalysia, can you tell me your definition of madness in PM? :D

God's Name: Nomlen / Eltain

Title: The Prophet

Strength:

Health:

Description: Nomlen was born in the beginning of time, and will die at the end. He sees, will see, and has seen all things to come and pass.

Spending:

3 Points: Great Plains (named after whatever peoples reside there.) Located in the northeastern regions of the map.

Endless fertile plains lined with beautiful cool rivers of varying speeds and covered with sheep and bison. Staring at the horizon, one can see everything for hundreds or thousands of miles. This symbolizes Nomlen's prophetic powers, seeing events yet to come.

Can't everyone worn together for their common goal, I mean, obvious Karalysia and I are working together for the common goal of insanity (whilst probably not trusting each other at all. Grrrr (insert angry animal picture here)). You guys can both be gods of ice, with the goal of covering everything with ice!

As a god of "good", I seek to uhm, "guide" the mortal peoples.

You are the most milquetoast god of good I've ever seen. I have a giant warhammer. Therefore I am the head of the good pantheon.

...did I mention that the warhammer is on fire?

Lies! Lies and heresy. More description on Nerdothil to come!

My computer hates me. I had a long paragraph about Nerdothil and Firefox crashed. =(

I'll retype it tomorrow, time to *attempt* to get some rest.

I'll await the first update before I declare war on the god of insanity (which in a way is my opposite god).

Winoceros, God of Intoxication, is looking for a place to put a vineyard. It must to be warm and sunny with ample water supply. On a hill or mountain side would be nice as it will allow for many variations in soil and thus the flavors of the wine grown as well. Whichever God will have us in their domain is free to partake in the consumption of the heavenly beverages produced there.

What we have so far:

Boos, the Sun God - Kentharu
Nerdothil, the Light (?) God - Lord of Elves
Xelo, the Ice God - Omega124
Caman, the Ice God - Luckymoose
Araisa, the Sea God - ZeletDude
Sy, the Idea God - erez87
Winoceros, the Alcohol God - Bombshoo
Arganet, the Death and Time God - thomas.beruberg
Altru - the Carity and Kindness God - 1stcitizen
Clianus - the Scholar God - Heraclius49
(Nameless) - the Shadows, Reflections and Death Goddess - Seon
Allas Athaniel - the Justice God - Thlayli
Seret - the Cunning and Illusions God - merciary
Bhaelros - the Destruction and Storm God - Oruc
Xatuar - the Madness and Abomination God - Karalysia
Nomlen - the Prophet God - Eltain

Sorry if I got anything wrong.

Now, there seems to be one God Archetype left unfilled:
****​
God's Name: Brenna

Title: The Goddess of the Arts, the Hunt and Life

Strength: Pathetic

Health: Average

Description: Appears in four forms, representing the path of life.
The Child - A young child with blonde hair, scene dancing through the forest. Flowers appear at her feet as she dances. Usually heard playing music, leading her to be the Goddess of Art.
The Hunter - A fierce young woman, armed with a bow that never misses. She is invoked whe one is hunting, hoping that she will guide the hunter's arrows. It is said she is very beautiful, but anyone (man or woman) who professes their love for her will be cursed.
The Mother - An older woman, far more serene than her previous form. She is usually seen with children around her, but these are either fae or illusions. She helps women through pregnancy and early childhood. She is far more accomadating of admierers.
The Elder - She dresses in long, white robes to hide her frail, old body. She knows all the secrets of the forests and the animals. She is the one most invoked, as she is seen as the most kindly.

Note: The four forms never meet. They are a single entity, but can appear in different form at will. Injuries carry over from one form to another.

Spending:
1st Point: Creation of a Large, Enchanted Forest (the Forest of Mists), which will be the realm of Brenna, but people can enter its mundane outer edges, where normal animals live. Just put it in a free space.

2nd Point: Deposit stone circles over the world, in remote places, near forests. This is where people can get in contact with her, if they are not near the Forest of Mists

3rd Point: Make it so my worshippers become part of the forest upon thier wish. Their souls are put into trees. The most devout become trees in the middle of the Forest of Mists, which then become dryads. Powerful heroes of Brenna, when their souls are put into a tree, become powerful Treefolk, or Malpren, in the closest forest to them. That way, they serve Brenna, protecting the forests, even in death.

Major elements and roles that still seem missing a god:

-A fire/smithy god
-A war god (And on this forum...really?)
-An earth and/or mining god
-An agricultural god
-A commerce/trade god
-A sex and/or love god
-A music and/or drama god
-A fertility god
-A medicine or healer god
-A moon/stars/night god

Some of these probably overlap with some of us already, but given they are all fairly important I hope people joining consider these before coming up with some other god representing an abstract idea.

Malahandra/Lord_Iggy
Title: God of Vengeance
Strength: Pathetic
Health: Average
Description: Malahandra, the feathered god, the wheel of flame, is a creature possessing a strange mix of nobility and vindictiveness. Fair and black haired when in a human form and not shaped as a terrible red bird, she is commonly kind, fair and reasonable. However, in the face of a perceived wrong she becomes a terrifying architect of comeuppance and destruction, sometimes vastly outweighing the original act. Beyond acting of her own accord, she gives strength to those seeking to make right old wrongs against themselves.

Should we make a family tree for our gods? I pictured Malahandra being the daughter of a mountain/earth god, but I'm not sure about a mother yet.

Should we make a family tree for our gods?

I'd love one. My baby needs a daddy.

We need some other women in here too. Our Pantheon is a total sausage fest. I'd make my god into a goddess, but considering she is drunk all the time and surrounded by a bunch of men, it'd probably just lead to date rape.

I think as the NES goes gods could possibly band together in Pantheons of their own wishes and spread mythologies of how those unions were formed

OR

In updates the humans will form pantheons of the gods they tend to believe with but those won't force the actual gods to follow those.

Top Bottom