Need advice

homeyg

Deity
Back when the school year first started, I met this girl and basically became 'acquaintances' with her for the entire semester. I also developed a crush on her. At one point in the semester (it's now the second), I was going to ask her out and the likes, but ended up not, due to nervousness (and thinking that I would sound stupid in front of her). Now that that semester has ended (we're well into the second), and our schedules have all changed, I don't have any classes with her anymore, and hardly ever see her anymore. Now, what I have to do is watch her slowly be assimilated into the popular crowd from across the lunch room, and I kick myself in the arse all the time because I knew I should have asked her out that day. The last time I talked to her was a week ago (I was at quarterback practice at the same time and place she was at track practice). I ran into her (not literally) as I was leaving and she asked me what I was doing there, and I said I was doing 'quarterback stuff'. That was it.

Now that my pathetic little story is over, what do you guys think I should do? Is it too late to talk to her, let alone approach her? I mean, it's kind of hard to approach her when I would be able to, because she's always hanging around older guys (I never did find out if she had a boyfriend or not). Help me out here, I need to do something about this before it's too late.

homeyg said:
Back when the school year first started, I met this girl and basically became 'acquaintances' with her for the entire semester. I also developed a crush on her. At one point in the semester (it's now the second), I was going to ask her out and the likes, but ended up not, due to nervousness (and thinking that I would sound stupid in front of her). Now that that semester has ended (we're well into the second), and our schedules have all changed, I don't have any classes with her anymore, and hardly ever see her anymore. Now, what I have to do is watch her slowly be assimilated into the popular crowd from across the lunch room, and I kick myself in the arse all the time because I knew I should have asked her out that day. The last time I talked to her was a week ago (I was at quarterback practice at the same time and place she was at track practice). I ran into her (not literally) as I was leaving and she asked me what I was doing there, and I said I was doing 'quarterback stuff'. That was it.

Now that my pathetic little story is over, what do you guys think I should do? Is it too late to talk to her, let alone approach her? I mean, it's kind of hard to approach her when I would be able to, because she's always hanging around older guys (I never did find out if she had a boyfriend or not). Help me out here, I need to do something about this before it's too late.

:( sorry to hear that. All I can say is forget about her and move on. There will be other girls out there

homeyg said:
I can't forget about her though!
welcome to my world....

There will be other girls. Just, try to focus on something else. Another girl, school work, football, CFC, my site :)mischief:)
yeah it's hard, but it's not impossible

ask her... if she has a boyfriend say sorry ididnt know..what have u got to lose. One of my favorite quotes is " You only fail if u never try".
Go for it, its no big deal most owemen i know will love it if a guy has the cojones to walk up to them and ask them. I know my wife did.

Ive been in your shoes and lost my chance .i never let it happen again.

So you don't think that it is too late for that?

Ah the joys and pains of youth. There are several ways to go. One is to just ask her out and anticipate rejection. It will be good to habituate yourself to that anyway. Look at it as a good learning experience. It is tough though as I recall but you miss out on a lot in life if you don't get over the anxiety and ask people out (when I finally got over this I found there was much more interest in me from the opposite sex than I had anticipated). Second approach as I recall is to look for signs that she is/was interested-- laughed at your jokes, initiated conversation, look in the eye, a touch on the arm. If she did these things she might be/have been interested. Third approach at your age and even older is inquire through her friends or try to arrange to be at some group thing where she is so you can rekindle the acquaintence and look for signs of interest before moving on. You can certainly just talk to her and say something like I haven't seen you in a while how are your classes and then move on to something about when you did share classes like wasn;t teacher so and so a jerk etc. whatever, then look for signs of interest and go for asking her to a movie, or a group date, a bunch of us are going to see --- wana come.

From experience, I'd say your chances are very slim at this point. But, since you dont see her very often anymore, you dont have much to loose if you ask her out.

dude till shes married and knocked up its too late.. nah im kidding, u are young, there probally will be other girls but ask yerself this.. is she worth a little bit of possible humiliation? yeah. ok good go for it. like i said u only fail if u never try.

So, Mark1031 you're saying I should basically reinstate the acquaintanceship that was and if she shows any signs of liking me, go from there?

Edit: I do recall that whenever I would talk to her, she would look directly into my eyes (one of the things you mentioned).

Ask her out of course.

What do you have to lose? Maybe she has got the same feeling for you, if you don't ask you will never know. And you will keep regretting it.

Go for it!!

yes. Its hard to know where you stand without knowing what the acquaintence was like. Was it just a passing hi or did you guys talk at length. Did she walk across a room to talk to you or did you always initiate. I have been married for 15 years so my ability to recognize female interest is probably pretty rusty. But the few signs I mentioned are what I remember. Also have no idea how current teenage girls behave but I'm sure others here have much experience. I do know that once you are a tuned to detecting female interest you can start to detect it fairly easily and it will be all around you.

Mark1031 said:
yes. Its hard to know where you stand without knowing what the acquaintence was like. Was it just a passing hi or did you guys talk at length. Did she walk across a room to talk to you or did you always initiate. I have been married for 15 years so my ability to recognize female interest is probably pretty rusty. But the few signs I mentioned are what I remember. Also have know idea how current teenage girls behave but I'm sure others here have much experience. I do know that once you are a tuned to detecting female interest you can start to detect it fairly easily and it will be all around you.

The class that I had with her, I sat right behind her. We talked alot. We would always say hi in the hall (she would look like she expected me to say something when she passed). That was how it was. Now, it's just a passing hi.

Edit: You guys also need to note that I get really nervous when it comes to girls. Hell, I nervous right now just thinking about this.

I used to fancy girls in school just for the sake of it. You think you like them but really your just eager to get into a relationship.

You meet a lot nicer girls outside school!

Definately reacquaint then, just go for it. ;)

ComradeDavo said:
I used to fancy girls in school just for the sake of it. You think you like them but really your just eager to get into a relationship.

You meet a lot nicer girls outside school!

That's probably my problem. I really haven't had a gf since kindergarten!

Girls brains are so screwed up that by the time you figure out whether or not she likes you she'll have lost interest.

Go for it mate!!!

homeyg said:
Edit: You guys also need to note that I get really nervous when it comes to girls. Hell, I nervous right now just thinking about this.

I know of no cure for the anxiety. Alcohol when your older is used for this purpose but can cause problems of its own. Just doing it a bunch of times certainly reduces the anxiety as you get used to asking people out. The only thing worse than rejection is never asking.

Okay, I'm going to talk to her on Monday (that's the earliest I can do it). I'll let ya'll know what happens. If only I knew her screen name, it'd all be so much easier.

Top Bottom