Need advice

What are you doing here? Get off your butt and go talk to her! Now, before it's too late!

I can't right now! I don't know her phone#!

Edit: Now that I think about it, I will have a chance to see her more than I have been because I have QB practice at the same time and place as she has her track and they both end at the same time.

homeyg said:
Back when the school year first started, I met this girl and basically became 'acquaintances' with her for the entire semester. I also developed a crush on her. At one point in the semester (it's now the second), I was going to ask her out and the likes, but ended up not, due to nervousness (and thinking that I would sound stupid in front of her). Now that that semester has ended (we're well into the second), and our schedules have all changed, I don't have any classes with her anymore, and hardly ever see her anymore. Now, what I have to do is watch her slowly be assimilated into the popular crowd from across the lunch room, and I kick myself in the arse all the time because I knew I should have asked her out that day. The last time I talked to her was a week ago (I was at quarterback practice at the same time and place she was at track practice). I ran into her (not literally) as I was leaving and she asked me what I was doing there, and I said I was doing 'quarterback stuff'. That was it.

Now that my pathetic little story is over, what do you guys think I should do? Is it too late to talk to her, let alone approach her? I mean, it's kind of hard to approach her when I would be able to, because she's always hanging around older guys (I never did find out if she had a boyfriend or not). Help me out here, I need to do something about this before it's too late.
This is quite straightforward actually. You can do it either in person or via email: ask her out for coffee. If she says she is too busy now or maybe in a couple of months it means "no"

Mark1031 said:
I know of no cure for the anxiety. Alcohol when your older is used for this purpose but can cause problems of its own. Just doing it a bunch of times certainly reduces the anxiety as you get used to asking people out. The only thing worse than rejection is never asking.

thats it right there... remeber its gonna be ok, worst case is she says no.... big deal.
Anxiety is part of life I understand I used to be very shy ( mind u the Army fixed that for me) but the lesson is the same. just do it. you are human and well if she used to talk alot to u GO man go... nervousness is human. Just take deep breaths and say to yourself its gonna be alright, just another sicience class... just talkin...etc. u'll do fine

Go for it Homey, its never too late. Even if she turns you down, at least it'll be over and you can move on to the next crush. Because theres always a next crush...;)

Thanks for your help guys. As I said, I'll talk to her on Monday.

Here's what I do to find out if they have a boyfriend or not.

Me: "What are you doing tonight, hanging out with your boyfriend?"
Her: "I don't have a boyfriend." OR "Yeah, we're going to the movies."

If she says she doesn't have one, there your chance, ask her for her phone number and see if she wants to go see a movie.

If she does have one, ask her for her number anyway, and ask her if she wants to play pool or something. When she does break-up with her boyfriend, well you already have her number...

No worries, homeyg. Been here, done this. Sometimes, you just fail to connect with her, and there's no explaining why.

Don't give up. You should talk to her and just ask her how she's doing and tell her you miss seeing her in class like you did last semester. If she stays to talk, ask her to do something with you or come to one of your games etc.

If talking is too difficult, I'd write her an emotionally neutral, complimentary haiku and give it to her saying, "I saw you last week and couldn't help myself, this is for you."

Good luck!

homeyg said:
Back when the school year first started, I met this girl and basically became 'acquaintances' with her for the entire semester. I also developed a crush on her. At one point in the semester (it's now the second), I was going to ask her out and the likes, but ended up not, due to nervousness (and thinking that I would sound stupid in front of her). Now that that semester has ended (we're well into the second), and our schedules have all changed, I don't have any classes with her anymore, and hardly ever see her anymore. Now, what I have to do is watch her slowly be assimilated into the popular crowd from across the lunch room, and I kick myself in the arse all the time because I knew I should have asked her out that day. The last time I talked to her was a week ago (I was at quarterback practice at the same time and place she was at track practice). I ran into her (not literally) as I was leaving and she asked me what I was doing there, and I said I was doing 'quarterback stuff'. That was it.

Now that my pathetic little story is over, what do you guys think I should do? Is it too late to talk to her, let alone approach her? I mean, it's kind of hard to approach her when I would be able to, because she's always hanging around older guys (I never did find out if she had a boyfriend or not). Help me out here, I need to do something about this before it's too late.
If I had not gotten the support and the encuragement from my RL freinds. I would still be single to this that and would have a similar scenario as you.

If you are looking for a quick-fix solution , I'll tell you what to do . First , take three spoons of instant coffee . Then , take three spoons of tea leaves . Then , mix them in a kettle ( the leaves and powder ) . Add two and half spoons of glucose powder , and two and half of sugar . Pour in one and a half cups of boiling water . Wait for about five minutes ( stirring once every two minutes ) . Strain the mixture , and drink it . That's the maximum stimulation I know that can be achieved using stimulants available for people of all ages ( i.e. , for those not allowed to drink alcohol ) .

The tea is effective in slightly dimming inhibitions . The caffeine is good for enhancing this effect , and making the brain more receptive to the tea . The glucose gives an instant high , which is further enhanced by the energetic feeling of the coffee . The sugar keeps this feeling up till the job is done . Drink the mixture fifteen minutes before trying .

It makes screwing up your courage much easier if you feel as if you have enough energy to fly .

"Hey, you know, I've missed talking to you in class - want to go to the movies/chat online/get a soda/whatever sometime?"

Here's a hint - if she says yes, don't at that point assume she's your girlfriend now, simply assume that the friendship is getting back to where it was, and then go from there. It is a common mistake to go from not having the wherewithall to ask a girl out to assuming that you are going to get married shortly (not actually, but you know what I mean) when she actually says yes, which freaks her out and makes her back off.

homeyg said:
I can't forget about her though!

Get to know her better. Talk to her whenever you get the chance (such as at track/football practice), etc. Most likely, you'll either lose interest in her after getting to know her better or you'll get the chance to ask her out. Getting into a deep conversation with her often helps with the former. If that doesn't work, ask out another girl who will take up this current crush's spot.

Regardless of your chances, do you have anything to loose? Better to ask her and look stupid when she rejects you, than to pass up a potentially fantastic opportunity that might lead to, who knows what? Good luck...

Just my 2 cents: Having a "deep conversation" has always led to 1 of 2 things for me: the girl being turned off or bored, or me thinking she is shallow and ignorant.

Jeez, I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown if I keep thinking about this until Monday! (obviously listening to Scott Joplin instead of Van Halen isn't helping ;) )

Anyway, here's what I'm thinking I'm gonna do:

First of all, I'm not going to seek her out in the commons in the morning (everyone crowds in there before classes start) because that's when she's around all the juniors and stuff.

Instead, if I see her in the hall, I will make my move.

i know what your going through the exaxt same thing happened to me and now she is one of the "popular" group, i still talk to her but there is no chance of it becoming a relationship, just go for it you have nothing to lose if you dont ask her now then it will be too late, good luck

Good luck :b:

Top Bottom