Need help with Religion test

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, probably not a wise thing.. Nice test. Real subtle. :lol:

Your first mistake, I'm afraid, was posting anything that's pro-religion in OT. I wouldn't expect too many helpful responses. (I guess this isn't one, either. :lol: )

For a gaming forum, there's a surprisingly significant minority of religious people, actually. Besides, there were helpful responses - pointing out that it's a self-assessment quiz. :p

You have come to the right place. Because you sure as hell won't get any answers praying. But seriously most of us are aethiests.

what? I am not cheating. Just asking for some help.

What is this for.. Sunday school?

Why are you going to sunday school & not really interested in the material? YOur parents making you go or something?

If you don't really care about it, just do a half-assed job on the quiz and they'll kick you out eventually.

If its a catholic church they'll just bloody him up with a yard stick.

You have come to the right place. Because you sure as hell won't get any answers praying. But seriously most of us are aethiests.

Only a few with the brains to match their justifications of atheism, though.

If you are an aethiest that is a highly arrogant statement. It doesn't require intelligent to be an athiest. Lack of believing in something doesn't really require that much intelligence.

If you are an aethiest that is a highly arrogant statement. It doesn't require intelligent to be an athiest. Lack of believing in something doesn't really require that much intelligence.

Yes, it does, because it's important to justify your beliefs. If you don't, you're no different from the religious sheep that you condemn.

I have never condemned religious "sheep" as you refer to them. I have plenty of christian friends. Why because they don't get all high and mighty about their belief's and try to make them selves feel superior than everybody else. You can keep on doing it but it just makes you sound arrogant.

I have never condemned religious "sheep" as you refer to them. I have plenty of christian friends. Why because they don't get all high and mighty about their belief's and try to make them selves feel superior than everybody else. You can keep on doing it but it just makes you sound arrogant.

What the PRH? You're the one who's whining about how awful Christianity is on the forums. You're the one who has been always stereotyping Christians.

Besides, when I am talking about religious "sheep", I mean those who don't bother to justify their beliefs or explore their religion; the stereotype which you have said numerous times. I'm just saying that it takes more than simply saying "god/religion is a fairy tale" to justify atheism, and there are sadly much less people than there should be who go further than this.

Exactly. Bill is one of those few atheists with whom I can respect their choice because unlike you, he doesn't act all high and mighty and silly about it. He's not one of those "it's cool not to believe" punks that go on and on about how religion is the opiate of the masses, just like Marx, because he's cool!

Yes, it does, because it's important to justify your beliefs. If you don't, you're no different from the religious sheep that you condemn.

I always have to chime in about these things, but.. atheism is a lack of a belief, so there is no belief to back up..

unless you're a strong atheist.

You should be able to back up your beliefs. If you're an atheist because "There's no proof there is a god" and can't come up with arguments for there not being a god, you're better off as an agnostic.

You should be able to back up your beliefs. If you're an atheist because "There's no proof there is a god" and can't come up with arguments for there not being a god, you're better off as an agnostic.

Do you need proof to back up your lack of beliefs?

Yes. If there's a curve in a road and I stand near it, ready to jump onto the road, the fact that there's not a car to be seen wouldn't be enough to convince me jumping onto the road would be safe. A car might come through the curve and slam into me.

Yes. If there's a curve in a road and I stand near it, ready to jump onto the road, the fact that there's not a car to be seen wouldn't be enough to convince me jumping onto the road would be safe. A car might come through the curve and slam into me.

What's your proof for your lack of belief in Nehalennia?

Asking in an off topic section of a gaming forum is like asking a preschooler about rocket science. I think if this were a survey thing, it might be fine, but it seems like this is a "Do my homework for me" thread.

But, a more objective view --

The questions you're asking are going to have a wide range of answers. You'll get answers from people with all kinds of beliefs on this forum (Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormons, Baptist, non-denominational, and even other religions, or lack thereof - mostly non-practicing). As an example, I could give you both Lutheran and Catholic answers, and both would be different on certain issues (Baptists would be even more different still). Plus, the age range is a factor. Here, it might be more teens and college students. In other parts of the forum, there might be older people who don't venture down here as much. Speaking of which, you'll be getting bogus answers just because kids feel like messing with another kid.

nivi said:
Cheating in a religion test. :lol:

I think this quote says it all. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom