Nerds in Space

I would have to review your post again to see if they were mentioned.

Oops, my bad there, actually. I thought I mentioned civic changes, but looking again, all I said was that I hadn't switched to Nationhood yet (after Nationalism was learned). I guess I was implying a change later, but I never spelled it out clearly. :sad: Thought I did, but it was just in my head.

Okay. Pholk's in full-fledged Pholk mode. He'll crawl out in a few days and, whether or not he sees his shadow, we'll know if we have six more weeks of winter.

Roster:
Rex >> just played
Pholk >> skipped and disorderly
Ozbenno << up
Bindamel >> Out of pocket, out of weed
Whosit >> not an idiot
mlinneak >> civicly disinterested

Okay. Pholk's in full-fledged Pholk mode. He'll crawl out in a few days and, whether or not he sees his shadow, we'll know if we have six more weeks of winter.

Roster:
Rex >> just played
Ozbenno << up
Whosit >> not an idiot
mlinneak >> civicly disinterested

Yeah, there's a backhanded compliment if I ever saw one. :lol: I think that also means "I'm on deck." Yeah, let's see how this goes. Can we mod in some Star Destroyers or something so we can just do some strafing runs on everyone else (or, dare I say, a "Base-Delta-Zero" operation? :mischief:). Yeah, that's the ticket.

Okay, maybe we should take a role call and see who's still with us. I know Ozzy's here; mlinneak, and whosit, too. Pholk, Bindamel? You two still here?

mlinneak, are you able to play before Ozzy can get it?

If no one else ahead of me gets to it today, I can play tonight after I get home from work :) I will post a got it when I get home to make sure everyone is updated unless I see a got it from someone else on the team.

I'm here, for the most part. I've got to catch up with a few thing in real life, and I'm feeling a bit under the weather, but I should be able to play my set, whenever it comes up . . . .

Ok, no one else posted a got it until now, so got it! :)

I will be playing shortly -

Whosit, I think technically your turn is before mine, but I am thinking this is supposed to be a swap with Ozbenno? So I think you will be up next, then, and Ozbenno can follow you in my spot this round if that works for everyone, which would give us a roster this round sort of like this:

Roster:
Rex >> just played
mlinneak << up and playing now
Whosit >> not an idiot
Ozbenno >> relieved that finally his turnset follows the non-idiot

I'm sorry. I really just fooled up the roster. Didn't realize I was skipping whosit. Good thing I don't put much stock in rosters.

I'm sorry. Whosit, I'll make it up to you by skipping mlinneak on some random occasion.

1650 AD - Inherited turn - look around, hit enter

1655 AD
We've got the money

Pleased to report we have taken Medina

IBT Saladin sinks one of our galleons with his caravel

1660 AD
Zara Yaqob and Joao sign defensive pact

Razed useless and unguarded Muscat

1665 AD
Rome - War Elephant -> Aqueduct

1670 AD
Replaceable Parts in - select Rifling

1675 AD
Kufah - Courthouse -> Forge

1680 AD
Antium - University -> Bank

1685 AD
Absurd - University -> Forge
We reclaim Najran

1690 AD
Hatshepsut comes to us with this deal

I politely cover my chuckle by pretending to cough.
Rome - Aqueduct -> Colosseum

1695 AD
Joao comes to us with this deal

I don't even bother to attempt to conceal my amusement this time and he is laughed out of the court.
I found this interesting

Looks like Boudica is having trouble with barbarians. How ironic.

1700 AD

I don't think so. Your music is pretty cool, Boudica, but I am just not sold on improving pitiful relations with a pitiful civ at the expense of the Portuguese.

Stop here - I think we should take Baghdad, Aden, and possibly Khurasan for its' gold, then maybe we can allow Saladin to capitulate to us or something, but certainly that is open to discussion. We took Medina, Najran, and Anjar.

We've almost got the prize in our hands...

It's a good think we've avoided this guy, since he's a killer...

Now as long as we don't do anything stupid like trade our Red Snapper for an empty box...

We should be able to get all the information we need from Conan the Librarian...

And learn how to create plutonium out of common household items.

The save ~

Attachments

• King Dork AD-1700.CivBeyondSwordSave
    514.1 KB · Views: 67
Oh, and one more thing - Whosit, I hope you're feeling better soon :)

Thanks! I'm not doing too badly, just the sniffles and a headache, so it's just a little unsettling. So I don't mind being skipped, either. I guess I'm up in a few sets, if I read that roster correctly.

It sounds like things are finally progressing in a positive direction. I'd prefer to wipe out the Arabs just to eliminate homesickness penalties and the such. Then we can finally hunker down, work on our pitiful economy, and try to build a rocket ship out of duct tape and pipe cleaners.

Also, Weird Al rocks. I'll have to check out that "Gandhi II," not sure that I'm familiar with that one. Edit: No, wait, I remember. And it's still awesome. :)

Actually, you'd be up now if you can take it, Whosit, followed by Ozbenno...

Roster:
Rex >> suffered no anarchy
mlinneak << just played, making a run to Spatula City
Whosit >> up now
Ozbenno >> relieved that finally his turnset follows the non-idiot

Actually, you'd be up now if you can take it, Whosit, followed by Ozbenno...

Oh, OK. Well, I'll have to wait until I get home, but I think I can play. Nothing too hard left, right? :p

Should just be Saladin mop-up. Northern troops are in position to start working on Baghdad. You may need more trebuchets. I lost some of ours in battle :blush:

Top Bottom