NES Looking for Players

I fully endorse the 120th message in this thread.

*Except replace all instances of my name with Tyo's name

For those interested, I'm running two lighthearted games right now. The first one, "SilliNES2", is a world building game currently focused on short snippets and world building events. The second one, "The Fortress", is a settlement building game in an cursed region of the Mountains. The second one will pick it's founding region in only 6 hours! Please join. :)

The second one, "The Fortress", is a settlement building game in an cursed region of the Mountains.

I thought ArrowGamer was running that one?

The second one, "The Fortress", is a settlement building game in an cursed region of the Mountains. The second one will pick it's founding region in only 6 hours!

Yessssss.

Preparing to start some kind of #NES roleplaying/dnd. All I know is I will run sessions every week/every two weeks, at an extremely consistent 2 hours every sunday night scheduled, with promise of a full year +epilogue's worth of sessions.

There's several ways I can do this.

1) Limited AKA classic. I'll get submissions and pick the 5-6 which are the best/fit together the most. Generally 4 minimum for a game. If we do this, I will consider adding (probably personal) narrative to fit the party.
2) High Limit: I'll let up to 10 players sign up, with more allowed to join as time goes on. Balance of two types, with a more general narrative.
3) No Limit: Guild of Adventurers-esque, with teams of adventurers of literally infinity. Expect Level 1's bumping shoulders with higher level characters as time goes on. There will be rules to keep sessions manageable. Relatively little plot and explanation.

System? I don't know, suggest one! I'm willing to learn, as long as it is open source online.
Setting? I don't know, suggest one! I'm thinking now of a very tongue in cheek fantasy world.

However, I do know is that I WILL start this, and I WILL run the sessions, so help me.

Will post in New NESes, While We Wait, etc.

3) No Limit: Guild of Adventurers-esque, with teams of adventurers of literally infinity. Expect Level 1's bumping shoulders with higher level characters as time goes on. There will be rules to keep sessions manageable. Relatively little plot and explanation.

This sounds interesting and trainwrecky, let's do it.

I would suggest you check his sig for some awesome comedic political action! :D

While not an NES, I figured that it'd be better to use this thread to promote this rather than start a new one.

I'm hosting a game over at Civ 3 Stories and Tales based off of El Justo's Age of Imperialism mod. I'm not planning to actually run it until January, but I think I give a basic outline in the thread. Right now we're in the deciding stages of which nation to play in the period from 1895-1924. My money's on Germany but I'm open to suggestions, which is why I encourage people to vote.

The basic premise will be players struggling to gain control of the nation's politics and economy, all while I give periodic updates on happenings in the Civ 3 world. I think it has potential to be fun while also keeping the burden of most mechanics off of me. I think it will be complex without being complicated, as there's not so much to take in one gets overwhelmed.

I'm planning on closing nominations for a nation (I'd prefer a colonial power if possible) on January 1st. I hope you'd be willing to give it a glance!

The only potential issue I see is that most IOTers don't frequent S&T forums often, hence the attrition rate would be high despite interest.

With the blessing of the mods I could host it over here. I'm not sure if it really fits the IOT theme or not, as it doesn't have players as their own nations... but then again, we had CityIOT and this is basically NationIOT. The word "IOT" has practically no meaning other than "politics in a polity of varying size."

Barring that I'd probably just fill every player's inbox with an update notice.

I don't have an issue with hosting it here...

Well, given that there's 90 or so views on the C3ST signup thread and only one comment besides mine... yeah, I'll probably host it here. In any good democracy, the ones who make themselves heard are the winners. :p

RandNES 1: a world-simulator NES similar in basic idea to RFC RAND or DoC, except you make up your own civ. Signups are welcome at any time, though the first Stone Age application deadline is Sunday.

Top Bottom