NES World/Regional Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, though maybe some touchups on Spain, Alaska, and Somalia-region (just looks a bit weird).

Definitly the next gen. map for NESers :). I will now have to transfer stuff from the map I jsut made for stjnesII to this one *big, elongated sigh*

i hate how everything changes, it was bad enough when people started adding rivers

Also, Dnieper needs some fixing. I discovered this when helping Panda with the 1919 map - placing Kiev and modern Ukrainean borders is very hard with *this* Dnieper.

I have started a fictional huge landmass map....

Although far from finished, do you have any tips/comments?

EDIT: see below

Insane_Panda said:
Should have saved the map as a PNG, look at the oceans color :(

Other than that, excellent work! :D

I have another one saved in BMP (or whatever) but I was rushing the saving a bit and just chose GIF. Don't worry the ocean won't be like that.

And you may be wondering about the seahorse shaped bit on the left, well that was supposed to be another small continent, and its plate hit the pangaea's plate and merged (mountains would be there)

Yeah, adding mountains and rivers would really make it shine. I always was a fan of random or custom maps, rather than RL World maps. Heck, you should throw in some forests by adding shadings as well. And don't forget to dot the interior with lakes.

Keep up the good work! :)

Mucking about came up with this.

If I was going to change anything it would be take more of the county border line in northern Europe and Russia/central asia.

Secondly i had this idea that ares would be linked into economic production, thus each area is of roughly equal area. When you invest in your economy, your provinces become split up and you get more.

It also means you get adequetly rewarded for capturing land. (could be converted to industrial purposes.)

Andis had an idea on the above

I'll post it for him because

A) he's lazy
B) I want a little discussion on this as its intresting

i kinda thought that u should place the provinces AFTER the first update, when players have joined
i mean that all the white/barbarian land will not be divided into provinces untill player conquers them

Two comments from andis just to make it clear. ;)

Anyway, any other ideas?

Hey, ya bast*rd! I didn't give you permission to do that! Lucan fleet shall come all the way over atlantic to crush olmecia ;)

Finally finished! All that's left now is to add mountains, rivers, etc

(The map is enlarged 150% h/v)

What you guys think?

Attachments

• pangaeapoliticallarge.PNG
    pangaeapoliticallarge.PNG
    68.3 KB · Views: 206
the coastline... it's identical everywhere. You chould change the pattern in some points at least, it's not like that in RL either.

By request of Warman, here is a map for Azeroth!

It's in .png format for you lesser mortals.

Drop me a line at erikmesoy-AT-yahoo-DOT-com, and I'll send you the glorious .xcf version, which contains the original map in a sublayer, so you can twiddle with it most excellently.

Attachments

• azerothmap.png
    azerothmap.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 158
when i copy and paste that map erik, all i get is a black screen and colored dots where the capitals are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom