1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NESCraft II

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Immaculate, Jan 25, 2020.

  1. J.K. Stockholme

    J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1,114
    Location:
    Canada
    Stockholme

    1 AP - hunt the turtles on the island using spear/axe (whichever is appropriate); if they are passive turtles, should be easy to grab them as they retreat into their shells and then cook them over the fire, eventually cracking open their shell; if violent, they are small so should be easy to chop or pierce their head; hopefully we can catch more than one
    1 AP - collect grass or reeds (for the purposes of making a bandage or sling so as to speed up recovery of my shoulder)
    1 AP - sleep by the fire
     
  2. Immaculate

    Immaculate unerring

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    7,432
    Orders due tonight midnight EST.
     
  3. Omega124

    Omega124 Challenging Fate

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2008
    Messages:
    7,042
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Albany, New York
    1 AP to hunt an ox with my spear
    1 AP to craft clothes from its hide (I WILL GET THIS EVENTUALLY >:C)
    1 AP to mine stone with my pickaxe
    1 AP to fix up some mined stones to fashion as a makeshift door for my cave, so I stop getting unwanted intruders in the night.
    1 AP to rest

    free action: light fire, cook ox meat
     
  4. Immaculate

    Immaculate unerring

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    7,432
    NESCraft II Day Seven

    It's good the great green earth to roam,
    Where sights of awe the soul inspire;
    But oh, it's best, the coming home,
    The crackle of one's own hearth-fire!
    You've hob-nobbed with the solemn Past;
    You've seen the pageantry of kings;
    Yet oh, how sweet to gain at last
    The peace and rest of Little Things!

    Perhaps you're counted with the Great;
    You strain and strive with mighty men;
    Your hand is on the helm of State;
    Colossus-like you stride .
    .
    .
    and then
    There comes a pause, a shining hour,
    A dog that leaps, a hand that clings:
    O Titan, turn from pomp and power;
    Give all your heart to Little Things.

    Go couch you childwise in the grass,
    Believing it's some jungle strange,
    Where mighty monsters peer and pass,
    Where beetles roam and spiders range.
    'Mid gloom and gleam of leaf and blade,
    What dragons rasp their painted wings!
    O magic world of shine and shade!
    O beauty land of Little Things!

    I sometimes wonder, after all,
    Amid this tangled web of fate,
    If what is great may not be small,
    And what is small may not be great.
    So wondering I go my way,
    Yet in my heart contentment sings .
    .
    .
    O may I ever see, I pray,
    God's grace and love in Little Things.

    So give to me, I only beg,
    A little roof to call my own,
    A little cider in the keg,
    A little meat upon the bone;
    A little garden by the sea,
    A little boat that dips and swings .
    .
    .
    Take wealth, take fame, but leave to me,
    O Lord of Life, just Little Things.​
    Robert William Service


    Daftpanzer
    Daftpanzer turn 7.png

    As the sun rises, you set to building a new spear to replace the one you lost defending yourself against the hippo. Done, you are satisfied with its weight and feel. You are getting better at this. As the sun rises and its heat becomes more and more oppressive, you gather branches and form a sort of rudimentary framework with these then cover it with your blanket, tying it as tightly as you can with just leaves and sticks. The thatch looks thick and protective but relatively fragile. You light a fire, taking most of the evening to do so and as the sparks light and spread, skewer the last of your forage from yesterday so that you might roast them over the fire. Grilled, they taste much better and seem easier to digest.

    The sun sets and you notice another fire to the southwest. The wind comes up and a light rain falls cooling the heat of the day and you take refuge under your lean-to.

    During the night you hear howling and realize that there are wolves not too distant.

    The sun rises and you feel well-fed, well-rested and ready to take on the day.

    Daftpanzer
    Traits: Ranger
    Status: Healthy. Well-fed (+1AP). Well-rested (+1AP). Warm.
    Action Points: 5
    Inventory: stone spear (moderate quality, poor durability), silk thread (1)
    Stashed Nearby: lean-to (moderate quality, poor durability)

    Decamper
    Decamper turn 7.png


    You commune with the totem you have created and once again feel the strength of the land and trees of the region flow into you. Giving thanks for the alligator meat you were able to scavenge, but hesitant to eat it raw, you spend most of the morning crafting a fire to grill it on, and happy with the results, have a delicious lunch of grilled alligator meat that fills you and leaves you feeling very satisfied. In the afternoon, you turn your attention to the tiger you saw yesterday and set out to find it. It doesn't hide its presence from you and around supper time you catch sight of it drinking from the alligator-pool. You approach it and try to share with it the magics of the trees and ground you feel within you only to realize that it is not a tree nor the ground and your mana cannot beguile it. It seems pissed off that you are bothering it and perhaps to put you in your place charges you lazily, swatting you across the head and instantly breaking your neck... except it doesn't and the image passes from you and you wake up with a series of horrible cuts down your head and cheek and a ringing headache but still alive. You realize it is quite late and it is all you can do to drag yourself back to your fire, clutching your face in pain and frustration. It is raining lightly and you throw sticks on the fire to rebuild it as it threatens to sputter and go out.

    In the distance you notice another fire burning and as the sun rises you hear alligators hunting in the waters nearby. The day promises to be a warm one and you expect without adequate rest, you will certainly suffer heat exhaustion.

    Decamper
    Traits: Spiritual
    Status: Head-wound (malus to all tasks). Well-fed (+1P).Tired (-1AP). Hot.
    Action Points: 3
    Inventory: Stone Pickax (poor quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Rose Quartz Willow (basic totem: 1 mana). Salt (1)
    Mana: 1
    Karma: 0

    Everblack
    Everblack turn 7.png

    You spend the morning crafting new tools, a new spear and a fishing net from strings you make from braided grass. With these you try your luck at catching fish from the shore and manage to catch two large lake trout you lure towards you with insects you dig up from under nearby rocks.

    You return to your tipi and cook the fish on your fire, filling your stomach with the filling meal and feeling quite satisfied with the progress you have made today.

    As the sun rises you catch sight of large green snakes in the nearby grasses, hunting for their own breakfast and remind yourself to be careful around that area.

    Everblack
    Traits: Ranger, Stalker
    Status: Healthy. Well-nourished (+1 AP). Well-Rested (+1 AP)
    Action Points: 5
    Inventory: Fishing net (poor quality, poor durability), Spear (Poor quality, Poor durability), Cured Deer Hide (moderate quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Tipi (good quality, poor durability), Atlatl (poor quality, poor durability), Spear (Poor quality, Poor durability). Fish (1)
    Karma: 2
    OOC: Your stone tools broke. Once they reach 'very poor durability', its just a matter of time, assuming you use them, that they do.

    J.K.Stockholme
    J.K.Stockholme turn 7.png

    You start the morning by stalking and hunting the nearby turtles but these prove more elusive than expected, sinking away into the sea where they are much faster when they notice your arrival. You throw your spear at one only to see it bounce off its hide, sending the head of the spear flying away and causing your shoulder to flare painfully. You manage to repair your spear but as noon comes, you realize you won't be eating any turtles today.

    The pain in your shoulder reminds you that you need to do something about it and so you set to weaving a sling for your arm from nearby tall grasses and plants and once this is secured around your neck, your shoulder immediately feels much better without the weight of the arm upon it. You suspect it will now heal much faster.

    Hungry, you return to your fire and quickly fall asleep, waking with the dawn to the eerie call of a nearby pod of orcas calling to each other. Perhaps more concerning however, is the apparent return of the giant crabs to the east end of the island.

    J.K. Stockholme
    Traits: Waterborn, Crafty
    Status: Crushed shoulder (small malus to any action requiring two hands, bandaged & healing). Healthy. Hungry (-1 AP). Rested
    Action Points: 2
    Inventory: Spear (poor quality, poor durability), Stone ax (moderate quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Torches (3)
    Karma: 0

    Kyzarc Fotjage

    Kyzarc Fotjage turn 7.png

    Perhaps luckily, the big cat does not press its stalking, instead watching you closely for a short while then wandering away to the south-west.

    You set out to secure yourself a meal, opting to hunt the beautiful red pandas you notice to the north east. The process is not easy however, your wound slowing you considerably but you are luckier than could be hoped and manage to skewer one of the beautiful innocent undeserving creatures on your first callus and cruel spear throw. Evily, you drag its body back to your fire and skin it, grilling its flesh upon your fire and feasting cruelly upon it before laying down to rest.

    As the sun rises, you feel better, full and well-rested and your wound noticeably less painful than yesterday. Better yet, there are not sign of large carnivores about for the first time in a long time.

    Kyzarc Fotjage
    Traits: Explorer
    Status: Gut wound (malus to movement, all tasks involving strength or lifting, slowly healing). Nourished. Rested.
    Action Points: 3
    Inventory: Bone spear (poor quality, poor durability), Stone tools (moderate quality, poor durability), Cured wooly sheep hide (poor quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Uncured red panda pelt (very poor quality, very poor durability), Red panda bones (1)

    LordArgon
    LordArgon turn 7.png

    You want nothing to do with the the pack of lions that seem to be hunting in your territory and opt instead to hike eastwards to where you saw the two-legged figure of days past.

    As you do, you pass several species of cactus and these you test to see if they are edible by watching birds and trying a few. Finally you select a one species you feel is likely safe and fill your belly with these.

    Just as you are about to give up for the night, unable to see anything in the dark, you notice a bright fire suddenly burst upon the horizon and you head towards this, eventually arriving at a campfire where the female biped, painted in swirls and lines of dried blood, is gathering up a spear and eyeing you suspiciously.

    You are tired but are not too hungry and do not note any major predators in the vicinity. The day is hot, but not pressingly so.

    LordArgon
    Traits: Crafty, Leafy
    Status: Healthy. Tired (-1AP). Nourished. Warm.
    Action Points: 2
    Inventory: Stone axe (poor quality, poor durability), Sling (moderate quality, poor durability), Lizard skin satchel (+2 inventory, moderate quality, moderate durability), String (1), Lizard skin
    Stashed Nearby: Cactus Fruit (1)

    Lord Herobrine
    Lord Herobirine turn 7.png

    You notice that the zebra meat has rotted (as it was not smoked or salted) and you throw it away before seeking a new meal, setting out to hunt the deer you noticed grazing to the north-west. You stalk patiently and when you throw your spear, are satisfied to see it pierce the shoulder of a mature female cleanly, bringing it down immediately. You finish the wounded creature off with your knife and dress the kill there in the field.
    It takes you two trips but you manage to secure its meat and hide before any scavengers are able to claim your hunted deer.

    Returning to a site you feel will make an excellent camp, you spend most of the afternoon trying to light a campfire, at first seeing little success but eventually managing to create first a spark then a healthy fire a little after the sun sets. You grill your deer meat and and curl up near the fire, eager to rest.

    You awaken to the sound of a large creature approaching and grabbing your spear are puzzled to see the two-legged creature wearing the body of a lizard around its torso step into the firelight, sling in hand.

    Lord_Herobrine
    Traits: Ranger
    Status: Well-Nourished (+1AP). Rested. Warm.
    Action Points: 4
    Inventory: Stone spear with prickly cactus spines (poor quality, poor durability), Stone tools (poor quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Deer meat (1), Uncured dear hide (very poor quality, very poor durability), Zebra bones
    Karma: 0

    Marcher Jovian
    Marcher Jovian Turn 7.png

    Still shaken by your encounter with the spotted cat you felt licking you during the night, you somehow convince yourself that the best course of action is to seek it out and attempt to befriend it. Its a spectacularly poor idea, especially as you don't feel particularly blessed by the karma of good creative deeds, but you don't know that at the time. The first part of your plan goes well, and you manage to find the great cat, but when you begin speaking softly to it, it just assumes you are offering yourself as a meal and this it gladly accepts. Your reflexes are honed however, and you raise you axe quickly in defense, cutting the thing under the chin and cracking its jaw loudly. It makes eye contact with you and you feel something feral and wild pass into you as it tucks its tail between its legs, bows its head slightly, and lopes off into the eastern jungles.

    The rest of the day feels strange, as you feel the leopard's strength and energies swirling within you, its ferocity and connection to the jungle filling you with strange instincts.

    In this daze, you forage for food and manage to find enough to fill your stomach for the day before returning to your usual spot to wait out the night.

    Marcher Jovian
    Traits: Leafy, Herbalist
    Status: Healthy, Nourished. Rested. Warm. Infused with Strange Magical Energies
    Action Points: 3
    Inventory: Stone ax (poor quality, very poor durability), Stone tools (poor quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Stone hoe (moderate quality, poor durability), Timber (2), Medical herbs (2), Raw veggies (1), Raw snake skin (1), Raw snake meat (1)

    Leopard's Spirit
    You can either convert this to 'beast-flavored' mana without chance of failure and use it like any other mana or you can attempt to incorporate it into your essence with a chance of failure and without fully understanding what it might or might not do.

    Omega
    Omega turn 7.png

    As the sun rises, you gain the unlikely chance to see see a strange red fox successfully hunt and kill a little brown rabbit nearby, passing something between them, that seems to go on and 'select it' in some strange way.

    Ignoring this for now, you set out to hunt the great shaggy musk-ox that are foraging to the north-west. You stalk them calmly, sure of your strength the the edge of your spear. You stalk quietly for most of the morning, careful to keep your scent downwind. Finally, sensing the moment is right, you launch your spear and watch with satisfaction as you bring the great beast down. The throw makes your wound immediately flare in pain and you realize you have reopened you wound. None-the-less, you finish it off with your knife, noting that your spear has not survived and has shattered inside the beast.

    You skin it and dress the meat, bringing them back to your cave where you carefully scrape off the fat and meat from the hide before you very carefully cure it as best you can with ash and snow before, satisfied with your work, you throw it around your shoulders, immediately feeling the great weight of it providing you with insulation against the cold temperatures.

    The day is still short, and so after a meal of musk-ox meat grilled on your fire, you turn your attention to the cave itself, hacking at the stone with your pick-ax, grimacing through the intense pain, and gathering enough stone, build up the entrance to your cave with a small wall to prevent animals from entering easily. As you complete the wall, you notice some of the dust coming off the site where you were excavating sparkling in the air as they pass near the fire. Intrigued, you examine the wound you delivered to the rock more carefully and note a long black scar, some sort of darker rock within the stone around it that seems to have particular pyrotechnic properties when its dust passes near your fire (coal).

    The morning comes and your gut wound is worse than it was yesterday, though you are well-rested, well-fed, and finally proudly sporting an insulating hide more suitable to this climate than your naked skin.

    Something very big and very shaggy is foraging nearby. It looks very dangerous.

    Omega
    Traits: Warrior
    Status: Aggravated gut wound (large malus to movement, all tasks involving strength or lifting). Well fed (+1). Well-rested (+1 AP).
    Action Points: 5
    Inventory: Stone pickax (moderate quality, poor durability), Stone tools (poor quality, very poor durability), Cured Muskox pelt (poor quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Stone tools (poor quality, poor durability), Stone wall (poor quality, good durability), Rabbit bones, Tiger claws, Tiger teeth, Fish bones. Muskox meat (1), Stone (1)
    Karma: 0

    Thomas.Berubeg
    Thomas.Berubeg Turn 7.png

    Badly wounded and the poison in your veins burning more painfully with every breath, you turn your attention to the medical herbs you had gathered, selecting the appropriate ones to chew upon and others to apply directly to your wound. Within less than a few short hours, you feel immense relief as the poison fades and your concentration begins to refocus somewhat.

    Hiding from the giant birds nearby, you quickly scavenge some forage from the nearby boab trees before climbing their heights to avoid the dangerous birds who despite their small wings, seem unable to reach you despite repeated efforts to seemingly pull you down and tear you apart with their sharp beaks and claws.

    Tired and your stomach full, you let yourself fall asleep in the tree branches, waking in the morning to find that the large predator birds have not moved on despite your sincerest hopes that they might.

    Thomas.Berubug
    Traits: Leafy, Builder
    Status: Healthy. Nourished. Rested.
    Action Points: 3
    Inventory: Raw Veggies (1)
    Stashed Nearby:
    Mana: 1
    Karma: 0
     
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  5. Immaculate

    Immaculate unerring

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    7,432
    Orders due Tuesday 8pm EST.
     
  6. Marcher Jovian

    Marcher Jovian Prince

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2013
    Messages:
    431
    Decision: Incorporate it into my essence!
    1 AP: Start up a fire and cook the snake meat, using some Timber
    1 AP: Use my hoe to create a small garden of medical herbs
    1 AP: Sleep
     
  7. Decamper

    Decamper ..!

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2014
    Messages:
    1,157
    Free: Harvest Tree mana
    1AP: Forage for some grubs and roots.
    Head to the north fire, bringing the nearby salt as a gift. If they are welcoming, do the below in their camp. If they are not welcoming, return to my own camp.
    1AP: Eat whatever was foraged earlier, grilling it over their fire.
    1AP: Rest, praying for the Spirits' healing touch overnight (blessing my rest, if that's possible)
     
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  8. Omega124

    Omega124 Challenging Fate

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2008
    Messages:
    7,042
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Albany, New York
    5 AP: Try to rest up in my cave, to not further aggregivate the gut wound. I got clothing, I got food, I got a door; there's nothing pressing I need to do now that can't wait until another day.

    Free actions. Keep that door closed, keep the fire lit, cook the ox meat
     
  9. Everblack

    Everblack Blacker then you

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2012
    Messages:
    366
    Location:
    Chicago
    AP1:Craft stone tools
    AP2:Craft Axe
    AP3:Cut down Tree (Not near the snake and Tipi)
    AP4:Carve fallen tree into a Totem with the use of axe and stone tools (carefully keep an eye out for snake)
    AP5:Sleep
    *Also cook fish with fire/keep it going*
    ***
    Everblack Day 7 Totem

    Another day of life as I finish step out of my home pondering what to do today as I have secure enough of those scaled water creatures to live for the next day to come. My eyes spotted a large long creature moving through the ground but for some reason my mind did not register as a meaning of concern yet as I believed that if I keep out it way of it way i'll be safe. I thought that with the amount of energy I have I could improve my crafting skill so I could make better tools. So I decide to go with something big this time around.

    This new object I was going to make was something the came up after building my home. It was still strange how I could come up with these things I have never know about before but I put that mystery to the back of my mind for a last time. I get to work by crafting new stone tools and an axe to help me with big object. I find one of the tall tree that was not near the long creature and begin to work on cutting it down.

    Finally, after a long amount of chopping the tree fell and I then began to use both my tools and axe to start carving the tree into something new. It was like my mind wanted to depict onto this object the many creatures I have witness in this land after having waking up here. It felt like the land stood till as I cut into the tree in a slow and patience manner. I finish the craft almost when the sky was dark but it felt like good looking upon the object I made with pride. I take one more look at it before going back to my home to eat and sleep for the next day to come.
    Spoiler Totem :

     
  10. thomas.berubeg

    thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    Messages:
    8,995
    Location:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    1 AP) While sitting high up the branches of the Baobab, break off a series of branches. Sharpen the ends, making rudimentary spears.
    1 AP) Throw them down at the birds, hopefully scaring, or killing, them. (Hunt them, I guess)
    1 AP) If the birds are killed or scared off, gather what I can of them, and CAREFULLY run back towards my home.
    1 AP) The the birds are NOT killed or scared off, stay up in the tree, contemplating my new forever-home. Nap.
     
  11. Kyzarc Fotjage

    Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1,132
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Western Washington
    KF
    1 AP: Wander to the northeast, foraging for snacks as I go (aiming for those rocks, though willing to divert if I see berry bushes or delicious mice)
    1 AP: ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz up a convenient tree
    1 AP: Use Stone Tools to make the hide poncho I've been wearing into proper Clothes
     
  12. LordArgon

    LordArgon Prince

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2019
    Messages:
    363
    Gender:
    Male
    Free actions: Greet the spear wielding stranger and offer to share fruit. Eat food.
    1. Chop down a tree.
    2. Rest.
     
  13. Lord_Herobrine

    Lord_Herobrine Back in the Saddle

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2012
    Messages:
    1,148
    Location:
    Michigan
    TURN 7, DAY 5 (According to Hero)

    The last cycle was a blur, all I can remember is the taste of raw flesh and the musty smell of the dirt as I winked off to sleep. The next cycle I awoke to a putrid smell coming from the flesh of the striped creature from the cycles prior. Despite the tastiness of the flesh the previous cycle, the sickening smell of it now forced me to leave it behind.

    Using my experience from my previous hunt I apply it to hunting one of the red-spotted four-legged creatures, wondering how the different colors of creatures taste. Will red taste better than black and white stripes? As my spear found its target, it tasted flesh for the second time. I used my new tools to field dress the kill and harvest what meat and hide that I could, dragging it back to a protective alcove that I took a liking to earlier while stalking my prey. I had the idea to try and heat up the flesh, maybe that will keep it fresh for longer?

    It was the middle of the night when the sounds of leaves and grass rustling woke me. Looking around I could see the fire smouldering and illuminating the area in a warm orange light. It was the first time I had seen the light of the fire in this way, with wispy smoke and sparks gently rising into the cool midnight air. Another rustling of the undergrowth drew my attention back to the immediate threat. I gathered myself and my spear, readying myself against the invader. As I wait the two-legged creature from earlier comes into the light of the fire. The features in its face and the ripples of its body are lit in an orange glow, casting shadows over parts of its body. This scene surprises me, it appears the creature is wearing some kind of scaly hide across its body and is wielding a loop made from grasses and string. Despite the curious nature of the meeting, I stand back in a defensive stance, unknowing the intent of this beast. Then the creature begins to growl sounds from its throat, sounds that immediately are recognizable to myself, despite never hearing them before.

    “Uhh... hello?” utters the creature. The familiarity of the speech is astonishing to me and I recognize the inflection and meaning behind the words. I attempt to convey the same greeting and the words seem to flow from my mouth. After the first awkward couple of exchanges we become more relaxed in each other's presence, finally lowering our respective weapons. We spoke and exchanged experiences into the long hours of the dark cycle, finally giving into the unconscious state that comes with each cycle.

    As I winked off into sleep I thought about my role in this world. Am I no longer the One? How many more of us are there? The stranger identifies by the name of Argon, what does that mean? What is my name? I think about this for a while as I feel unconsciousness continue to wrap its tendrils around my conscious state, and I softly whisper out the first word that comes to mind, “Hero.” I looked over to where Argon rested, near to where he arrived on the opposite side of the fire. He seemed to be awake, perceivably he was thinking the same things that I was. Regardless of what he was thinking, the next cycle meant big plans, we were going to start making a home.


    ACTIONS
    -Cure the deer hide by smoking over the fire. 1AP
    -Gather grass to make some string. 1AP
    -Hunt the large fluffy creature in the north, taking my time to stalk like my previous kills. 1AP
    -Sleep near the fire. 1AP

    FREE ACTIONS

    -Keep fire going.
    -Cook deer meat and eat, offering to exchange food with Argon if he wishes.
     
  14. J.K. Stockholme

    J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1,114
    Location:
    Canada
    Stockholme

    1 AP - go fishing among the rocks and shallows to the west
    free action: cook and eat the fish
    1 AP - sleep by the fire or in a location safe from the crabs

    Note: the crabs ignored me when I was on the island the first night, so it is possible they engage in migratory behaviour with the northern island they went to yesterday, eating prey on the bottom of the sea rather than human-sized things like me, so I'm hoping that they won't attack me

    If they do come close, light a couple torches to deter them; I really can't fight multiple giant crabs with a banged up shoulder and a stone spear so this strat has to work (or otherwise, I have to flee)
     
    Immaculate likes this.
  15. Daftpanzer

    Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2002
    Messages:
    6,555
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Portsmouth, England, UK
    Daftpanzer

    1 AP to rub myself with ash and dirt from the fire. I have an idea that this will help mask my scent from the wolves and other beasites.
    1 AP to make a basic wicker shield of some kind, out of nearby twigs. (if this completely derps out, I'll just carry a big stick around in my other hand :D )
    1 AP to cautiously wander in the direction of the fire I saw last night. Those monkeys could be trouble, so keep an eye on them as well. Something tells me I should steer clear. If there's time to do some spear fishing in the nearby lake, do that too.

    If chased down by wolves, and if trees are nearby, I may drop the shield and try climbing a tree (keeping hold of the spear if possible).

    The remaining 2 AP depends on how contact goes down (if I can leave it in the GM's hands...). I'm cautiously optimistic. Default option is to head back to my lean-to (1AP) and rest (1AP), and I'd welcome some company.

    Otherwise, I'd offer to help the other person with 1 AP (such as foraging nearby), and then rest at their location (1AP).
     
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  16. Immaculate

    Immaculate unerring

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    7,432
    Orders due in 1h35m at 8pm EST.
     
    Daftpanzer and thomas.berubeg like this.
  17. Immaculate

    Immaculate unerring

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    7,432
    NESCraft II Day Eight

    From the lips of Morning,
    Where the blossoms lie,
    Petulantly scorning,
    Breathed a little sigh;

    "Sunrise flowers wither,
    Quickly turn to gray;
    Whither fly they? Whither
    Pass from light away?"

    From the sunset splendor,
    Glowing soft and clear,
    Came a whisper tender:
    "Morning, we are here!"​
    Amos Russel Wells

    Daftpanzer
    Daftpanzer turn 8.png

    As it turns out, there's not much in nature that smells like campfire, and campfires definately have a very strong smell, much stronger than human stink. And so most animals now know when you are near but wonder why you smell so strange. That seems to do the job though because the wolves track you for awhile then seem to turn and make their way eastwards as you set to collecting branches and vines. These you fashion into a crude shield before you begin to make your way to the fire you had seen near the south-western lake.

    On the way there you meet another biped similar to you. This one is armed with pickaxe and greets you warmly. You return to her campfire and notice that she has taken the time to decorate a tree with sparkling pink rocks and colorful flowers. This second biped is badly wounded, with a fresh wound across her face angry and red and frequently seeping blood.

    The stranger watches you, in obvious pain, as hungry, you set to finding a meal, searching along the coast and fishing in the shallows with your spear, finding two large fish and enough veggies for two days in a short time amongst this verdant and bountiful area. You cook the fire on the stranger's fire and as the sun sets, lay your head down to rest.

    During the night you hear snuffling and sniffing and wake only to find three wolves running off into the darkness with your other fish the bones of the fish you ate.

    In the morning there are thick dark clouds looming on the horizon.

    Daftpanzer
    Traits: Ranger
    Status: Healthy. Well-fed (+1AP). Rested. Warm. Smells like ashes
    Action Points: 4
    Inventory: stone spear (moderate quality, very poor durability), Whicker shield (poor quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Raw veggies (2)

    Decamper
    Decamper turn 8.png
    You begin the day by foraging for grubs and edible plants and it takes you a little. Squinting through the pain of your mangled face, you only manage to find enough to feed yourself for today, grilling what you find on your fire. In the early afternoon you set to travel to the nearby fire but as you do, notice a figure walking towards you. You hail him and welcome him to your fire. Exhausted and wounded you can only watch as he forages and fishes in the nearby shores before returning to your fire to sleep.

    As you get ready to rest for the night you channel the mana of the lands around you to your wound and feel it magically healing though it remains painful and sore.

    During the night a small group of wolves steal the remaining fish the stranger had caught.

    In the morning, there are thick dark clouds looming on the horizon.

    Decamper
    Traits: Spiritual
    Status: Head-wound (malus to all tasks; magically healing). Well-fed (+1P). Rested. Warm
    Action Points: 4
    Inventory: Stone Pickax (poor quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Rose Quartz Willow (basic totem: 1 mana). Salt (1)
    Mana: 1
    Karma: 0

    Everblack

    Everblack turn 8.png
    You begin the day preparing tools, crafting stone knives and needles, and a small awl as well as a heavier sturdy ax. Using the later, you chop down a tall tree and dragging it back to your camp, begin to carve it with the images of animals you seen. In a moment however, you manage to ruin the carving by cleanly cracking the almost-finished sculpture with a poorly placed ax-stroke. But the image passes, and you realize you are still working on the totem. Completed, it is not nearly as tall or imposing as you had expected, and certainly not as brightly painted as you may have hoped, since you have no paints, but it is none-the-less respectable. You look forward to adding to it.

    Everblack
    Traits: Ranger, Stalker
    Status: Healthy. Well-nourished (+1 AP). Well-Rested (+1 AP)
    Action Points: 5
    Inventory: Fishing net (poor quality, poor durability). Spear (Poor quality, Poor durability). Cured Deer Hide (moderate quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Wooden Carving (Poor quality, Medium durability). Tipi (good quality, poor durability). Atlatl (poor quality, poor durability). Spear (Poor quality, Poor durability). Stone tools (Poor quality. Poor durability), Stone Axe (Medium quality, poor durability). Timber (2)
    Karma: 1

    J.K. Stockholme

    J.K. Stockholme turn 8.png
    Careful to avoid the crabs in the eastern portion of the island, you set to fishing in the shallows to the west using your well-honed spear-fishing technique. You return to your campfire and begin grilling your catch only to be interrupted by large curious crabs, perhaps attracted to your grilled fish. You grab a nearby torch and lighting it, wave it wildly between yourself and the crab, finally driving it back. Careful that it doesn't return, you use the torch to cut the crab's approaches to your camp.

    As the sun sets, you rest your head and go to sleep, your shoulder already feeling much better.

    The night is windy and overcast. Throughout you hear 'thudding' sounds and peering into the trees notice that the trees seem to be dropping to their fruit, much of which is being carried into the sea by the blowing winds.

    J.K. Stockholme
    Traits: Waterborn, Crafty
    Status: Healthy. Well-fed (+1AP). Rested
    Action Points: 4
    Inventory: Spear (poor quality, poor durability), Stone ax (moderate quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Torches (2), Fish (1), Fish bones
    Karma: 0

    Kyzarc Fotjage

    Kyzarc Fotjage turn 8.png
    Your gut still not quite right, you wander northeastward, coming to the edge of a lake. You forage along the way and manage to find enough worms, grubs, and berries to fill you belly for the day but not enough to save anything for the next day.

    As you get to the lake and contemplate making more robust clothes from your furs, you realize it is late and that due to your wound, traveling has taken longer than expected.

    You wrap yourself in your furs and go to sleep, waking frequently to the sound of wolves howling and loons calling, and more distantly, bullfrogs calling.

    Kyzarc Fotjage
    Traits: Explorer
    Status: Gut wound (malus to movement, all tasks involving strength or lifting, almost healed). Nourished. Rested.
    Rested.
    Action Points: 3
    Inventory: Bone spear (poor quality, poor durability), Stone tools (moderate quality, poor durability), Cured wooly sheep hide (poor quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby:
    Please note: Crafting your hide into clothes will require string.

    LordArgon

    LordArgon turn 8.png
    The spear-wielding stranger and you share a meal of grilled venison and cactus fruit, feeling satisfied and content with the mixture of plant and animal -based nutrients when you finish. Afterwards, you turn to cutting down a nearby tree, gathering enough timber to build something.

    The sun begins to set when you are set upon by a swarm of aggressive hornets who move into your camp and viciously sting both you and the stranger, leaving you covered in welts and feeling weak and dizzy from their combined venom. Unable to deal with it in any significant way, you curl up and go to bed, hoping you will feel better soon.

    LordArgon
    Traits: Crafty, Leafy
    Status: Stung by bees (-1AP). Rested. Well-fed (+1AP). Warm.
    Action Points: 3
    Inventory: Stone axe (poor quality, poor durability), Sling (moderate quality, very poor durability), Lizard skin satchel (+2 inventory, moderate quality, moderate durability), String (1), Lizard skin
    Stashed Nearby: Timber (2)

    Lord_Herobrine
    Lord Herobrine turn 8.png
    You share a meal with the stranger, offering your venison in exchange for some of their cactus fruit, grilling both on your fire. After breakfast, you cure the deer hide on the fire, scraping off all the fat and blood and eventually are satisfied with the quality of the hide, knowing that anything more refined would require specialized materials (like salt or vinegar).

    The afternoon sees you braiding tall grass into long string before you head out to hunt the large horned animals to the north. The creatures are slow moving and appear to depend on each other for protection. You are able to get relatively close and skewer one of the creatures with a well-placed throw. As you field-dress your kill, you realize you are blessed with a wealth of meat and hide, though your spear does appear damaged from piercing its thick hide.

    You return to camp and your new companion only to soon be overwhelmed by a swarm of angry hornets. You run and hide but these creatures are violent and dedicated to punishing you. Very soon you are covered in welts and sore with hornet venom.

    You gather your horde of food near the fire to discourage scavengers and rest your head for the night, waking rested and well-fed but sore from hornet strings.

    Lord_Herobrine
    Traits: Ranger
    Status: Stung by bees (-1AP). Rested. Well-Fed (+1AP). Warm.
    Action Points: 3
    Inventory: Stone spear with prickly cactus spines (poor quality, very poor durability), Stone tools (poor quality, poor durability), Cured Dear hide (poor quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Beef (3), Uncured Auroch hide (very poor quality, very poor durability), String (1), Zebra bones, Auroch bones
    Karma: 1

    Marcher Jovian
    Marcher Jovian turn 8.png
    The energies of the beast swirl within you violently, making focus on anything else difficult. None-the-less, you force yourself to focus and light a campfire, using some of your timber to encourage the fire to burn higher and hotter, scaring local wildlife away. You grill the snake meat and feel your hunger assuaged. In the afternoon you use your new hoe to plant the seeds of medical herbs you have gathered and manage to develop a small garden of medical herbs you expect will mature quickly in the coming days.

    In the afternoon you finally turn to the magical energies swirling within you, meditating upon them and trying to find a place for them in your sense of 'self'. Something happens and soon the sun is rising and you find yourself waking in a cave smelling of giant cat and littered in bones. You are tired and your claws (did you always have claws?) and whiskers (did you always have whiskers?) are covered in dried blood and there are bloody feathers in your hair you don't remember having before (did you always have feathers in your hair?).

    You step out of the cave, confused and unsure of what exactly has happened. Dark looming clouds threaten rain on the horizon.

    Marcher Jovian
    Traits: Leafy. Herby. Leopardy.
    Status: Healthy. Well-fed (+1AP). Tired (-1AP). Warm.
    Action Points: 3
    Inventory:
    Stashed Nearby: Gazelle bones. Chicken bones.

    Omega
    Omega turn 8.png

    You spend the entire day resting, letting your wound heal and knit while you grill and eat some muskox meat. You are content in your cave, warm and satiated and you fall asleep early and wake refreshed and feeling much better than yesterday, already noticing that your guts are scarring nicely.

    Omega
    Traits: Warrior
    Status: Gut wound (malus to movement, all tasks involving strength or lifting, healing). Well fed (+1). Well-rested (+1 AP).
    Action Points: 5
    Inventory: Stone pickax (moderate quality, poor durability), Stone tools (poor quality, very poor durability), Cured Muskox pelt (poor quality, poor durability)
    Stashed Nearby: Stone tools (poor quality, poor durability). Stone wall (poor quality, good durability). Rabbit bones. Tiger claws. Tiger teeth. Fish bones. Stone (1)
    Karma: 0

    Thomas.Berubeg
    Thomas.Berubeg turn 8.png

    Those birds look dangerous and angry. You gather long straight sticks and spend the morning sharpening them into javelin-like tools that you use to plunge at the birds below. You don't manage to hurt them but they apparently don't like being targets for your javelins and run off, squawking angrily as they do.

    The path clear, you return to your lean-to and rock arch, finding them both still standing despite the area showing obvious signs of having been used as a home for a small pack of hyenas. You set the place to right and as the sun rises are happy, despite your fatigue, to see the sun outlined by your archway.

    Thomas.Berubug
    Traits: Leafy, Builder
    Status: Healthy. Nourished. Tired (-1AP)
    Action Points: 2
    Inventory: Wooden javelin (very poor quality, very poor durability). Wooden javelin (very poor quality, very poor durability).
    Stashed Nearby: Stone arch (moderate quality, poor durability), Lean-to (moderate quality, poor durability)
    Mana: 1
    Karma: 0
     
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  18. thomas.berubeg

    thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    Messages:
    8,995
    Location:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    1 AP) Relight the fire I had.
    1 AP) Use my javelin, and a torch from the relit fire to hunt (or at least chase) the hyenas away. Piss around the area, indicate that it's mine.
    1 AP) Cautiously Rest infront of the fire. If the horrors that are the millipedes return, be aware of them and fight them off.
     
    Lord_Herobrine likes this.
  19. Immaculate

    Immaculate unerring

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    7,432
    Orders due Friday 8pm EST. (in two days)
     
  20. Marcher Jovian

    Marcher Jovian Prince

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2013
    Messages:
    431
    1 AP: Go to be my old base near the lake, and transport all the stashed items I can into the cave.
    1 AP: Forage near the cave for food
    1 AP: Sleep in the cave
     

Share This Page