NESCraft II

Great update :) I see people are starting to discover each other.

I like my little corner of the world. Much potential. But I may have derped with my initial actions, let's see what I can do here...

Daftpanzer

• 1 AP hunting fish using stone spear.

If possible, cook any catch on the fire before crashing to sleep.
If possible I'd like to wear my blanket wrapped around me.
I will try to run (shuffle) into the bushes if attacked by anything bigger than a single wolf.

Just as an FYI, i can pretty much process orders as people get them in so if you are faster with your orders, i can be faster with the update.

Free action, pick up stick and stones
  1. Craft a stone axe
  2. Use stone axe to chop trees(not the palm tree) into lumber
  3. Hunt some lizards with my sling.

Last edited:
Stockholme

free actions: cook the two fish straight away and at the same time, then eat one for breakfast; use the linen blanket to facilitate transporting all the items (axe, spears, bones, cooked fish, tools) with me to the eastern forest (could drag everything on the blanket, or put stuff inside the blanket like a bag, holding it together with both hands)

note on the bear: One fish isn't worth the risk of fighting the bear. Proceed with both cooked fish to the forest (where hopefully the multitude of smells will provide cover for the second fish I have), but if the bear gets within even a medium range of me, rip the fish up in two and leave them in a couple places away from where I'm chopping timber and doing work so the bear can have its meal and leave me alone

1 AP - chop down a tree for timber
1 AP - carve the interior of the timber into a dugout canoe and make rowing oars using branches

free movement: canoe to the eastern "island" (within my cone of vision); toss all my possessions into the canoe for transport (including the 3 sets of fish bones)

1 AP - once on the island, find reeds/grass and make string
1 AP - toss the linen blanket down and sleep (with dugout and other possessions nearby; flip dugout upside down on land to create artificial shelter and to safely store myself and my things from animals in the night)

Last edited:
TURN 4, DAY 2 (According to Herobrine)

Everything in this world is hot. The rocks, the grass, the dirt, the One. Since I arrived here it is all that I have known. Even the wildlife is hot-tempered. My mind is still in surprise with the sudden attack by the creature from the water. Such ferocity, such speed... all those teeth... Yet here I am, un-touched. The mystery of the creature retreating just as quickly as it appeared still puzzles me. Perhaps I am right, I am the One, a lone creature wandering this vibrant-hot world.

Throughout the day’s travels I saw many things, slithering grass, creatures the height of trees with speckled fur, and even a herd of creatures with striped black and white fur. How odd are these four-legged marvels? In a world of such hostility that predators leap out of the water at the blink of an eye, how does one herd live so obviously? It seems that I do not understand everything of this world yet. Despite my confusion and amazement at this world, I began to feel another sensation other than heat, a pain in my belly like an absence. Hunger. Staring at these creatures for so long made me feel empty... I wonder what they taste like? Would they taste sweet? Would it be foul? Or perhaps they are filled with water, ready to rip open at the prodding of a spear? I set about making a tool that I thought would make it easy to poke the creature, I was going to find out.

As the great light in the sky began to trace its way down to the other side of the world, I looked up from my tool-making to see a creature I’d never seen before, watching me from in front of the bright light on the horizon. It seemed to walk on two legs, an unusual sight in a world of four-legs or no-legs, but further details were obscured by my squinting eyes. I could not shake the feeling that everything was going to be alright in this world. I did something unknown to me, I twisted my lips upward in a feeling of content. Just as I was learning what that feeling meant, the figure walked away, back into the bright light from once it came. Maybe I’ll see it again the next time the bright light falls down, but the next cycle is dedicated to myself. The One has to ensure its own survival, and it begins with a hunt.

ACTIONS
-Cautiously make my way to the zebra in the south, careful not to alert snakes or the prey. Once there, I will plan out my attack and wait for a prime target. Once picked aggressively attack, using my spear. Eat raw. 1AP

-If a successful hunt, I would like to try and skin/carve the creature for some of its resources. I would also like to use the blood as body-art, making swirling patterns up and down my body. I want to feel how the speckled and striped animals feel in their dress. Finally find some shade to rest under (ideally in a tree), surrendering my prized zebra to any predators.

-If unsuccessful, I would still like to attempt to find shelter.

1 AP to use my stone tools to make a stone pickax.
1 AP to use my spear to hunt the otters
1 AP to craft pelts of the otters into clothes
1 AP to sleep

Free actions: light fire, cook and eat the tiger meat.

NESCraft II Day FIve

"One day I wrote her name upon the strand,
But came the waves and washed it away:
Again I wrote it with a second hand,
But came the tide, and made my pains his prey.
‘Vain man,’ said she, ‘that dost in vain assay,
A mortal thing so to immortalize;
For I myself shall like to this decay,
And eke my name be wiped out likewise."
- Edmund Spenser
Daftpanzer
Daftpanzer turn 5.png

Tired and hungry, the sun rises and you turn to feeding yourself before anything else. You tie your grass blanket around your shoulders and, new spear in hand, turn to hunting fish but initially are unsuccessful. As the sun begins to set, you are growing increasingly desperate but your luck turns with the sun rising as blinking through dry bleary eyes, you successfully spear two large fish. Before sun rises you have cooked your catch and filled your belly.

The sun rises and while you are remain extremely exhausted, you are well fed, warm, and armed. Things may be better today than yesterday.

Daftpanzer
Traits: Ranger
Status: Deep Exhaustion (small malus to all tasks). Well-fed (+1AP). Tired (-1AP).
Action Points: 3
Inventory: stone spear (poor quality, poor durability)
Stashed Nearby: woven grass blanket (moderate quality, poor durability), silk thread (1), cooked fish (1)

Decamper
Decamper turn 5.png

Curious of how to best exploit the strange pink rocks to the east, you begin the day by crafting a pick ax to better break the rocks and harvest them. The pick-ax complete, you move eastwards, picking your way carefully along the shorelines of the twin lakes when you notice reptilian silhouettes cutting through the murky waters.

The rocks are soon revealed to largely be rose halite (rock salt) but as you begin to break them up you notice thick veins of rose quartz. You collect these beautiful stones and return to your glade, decorating the 'mother tree' there and focusing on the mana moving within you. You focus and meditate and speak with the spirits of the 'mother tree' before finally giving it the gift that lies within you.

You step back and admire the Rose Quartz Willow totem, feeling the mana from the entire region flowing towards it and knowing she will share it with you as you might need it.

The sun rises and you feel weak and tired, your head pounding and you realize that forcing yourself through the heat of the day and not resting has led to heat exhaustion.

Decamper
Traits: Spiritual
Status: Heat Exhausted (small malus to all tasks). Hungry (-1AP). Tired (-1AP). Warm.
Action Points: 1
Inventory: Stone Pickax (poor quality, poor durability)
Stashed Nearby: Rose Quartz WIllow (basic totem: 1 mana), Salt (1)
Mana: 0

Rose Quartz Willow:
The totem will produce 1 mana per turn which can be 'harvested/picked up' by Decamper as a free action or anyone else as a 'meditation action'. If it has already absorbed a mana point, it cannot absorb further until it is harvested. The mana is 'flavored' with the powers of Growth and Earth (and not for examples sea, blood, or beasts) and can be used as any other mana can be (see 1st post).

Everblack
Everblack turn 5.png

The sun rises and you begin the morning by crafting a new spear to replace the one you lost. Spear and atlatl in hand, you set out after the deer you observed yesterday, catching up to them in the east, at the edge of a great plain. You stalk your prey carefully and launch the spear with precision and strength, bringing the beast down cleanly. You drag your kill back to camp skinning the creature and curing its hide as best as you can on the fire. You cook the deer over the fire and the roasted venison fills your body and soul.

The sun sets and you feel rested and nourished, ready to face the next day.

Your successful hunts and practice with the atlatl have taught you much and you feel your experience will serve you well in future hunts.

Everblack
Traits: Ranger, Stalker
Action Points: 4
Inventory: Atlatl (poor quality, poor durability), Spear (Poor quality, Poor durability), Cured Deer Hide (moderate quality, poor durability)
Stashed Nearby: Stone tools (poor quality, very poor durability), Deer Meat (1), Deer bones, Deer antlers

J.K. Stockholme
J.K. Stockholme.png

The bear's curiosity brings it directly into your camp and you throw it pieces of one of your fish as you retreat and this it quickly swallows before pursuing you aggressively. It attacks you without warning or reason, opening and crushing your shoulder with a huge paw before you are able to drive your spear into its side and drive it off. The spear is broken in your defense but you have another.

Badly wounded, you eat a nourishing fish breakfast and turn to building a dug-out canoe from the local trees, eager to escape this area. But with your shoulder badly hurt and the pain blurring your attention you feel your work is not as good as it could be, with some areas of the dugout being thinner than you would like. None-the-less you trust in the sea and set out for the coast you see to the east.

Unfortunately, once again your luck is poor and the seas soon turn stormy and as your canoe rises and falls, the thin hull cracks and and soon the boat is taking on water. Unable to bail fast enough, the dug-out quickly fills with water and in the high seas breaks up further. You clutch to the floating debris of the boat, at home swimming in the sea despite clutching your ax and tools while floating your spear nearby. You are helpless except to watch as your remaining equipment otherwise sinks or floats away.

As the sun sets you wash up on an unknown shore, not sure exactly where you are or how you got there. The island is a large one and has a unique tar bubbling and spewing smoke softly at its center. Giant crabs threaten nearby and you grip your spear and ax tightly before letting the night lull you to sleep.

J.K. Stockholme
Traits: Waterborn
Status: Crushed shoulder (malus to any action requiring two hands). Healthy. Well-fed (+1 AP). Rested
Inventory: Spear (poor quality, poor durability), Stone ax (moderate quality, poor durability)
Stashed Nearby: Stone tools (poor quality, very poor durability)

Kyzarc Fotjage
Kyzarc Fotjage Turn 5.png

Upon the rising of the sun you turn your attention to defense, crafting yourself a new spear of wood and bone. So armed, you flee the area that saw you attacked and move southwards, a leg of the wolf thrown over your shoulder.

As you make your way south, your wound felt with every step you take, the air begins to warm noticeably and the snow that that frosts the trees and grasses lie increasingly behind you. You come to the shadow of a mountain and there, bleary-eyed and tired, you turn to building a fire, finally having some success, and cook your wolf leg on it, despite your exhaustion and wound.

As the sun rises, you wake from the slightest of naps, still thoroughly exhausted. Two days without sleep have left you confused and unsure of yourself, movement playing at the edges of your vision in ways you cannot fully trust.

Kyzarc Fotjage
Traits: Explorer
Status: Gut wound (malus to movement, all tasks involving strength or lifting). Deep Exhaustion (small malus to all tasks). Nourished. Tired (-1AP).
Action Points: 2
Inventory: Bone spear (poor quality, poor durability), Stone tools (moderate quality, poor durability), Cured wooly sheep hide (poor quality, poor durability)
Stashed Nearby: Nothing.

LordArgon
LordArgon.png

The sun rises white and unforgiving and you turn to building a new tool, a stone axe to help you collect timber. Despite your aptitude and skills with crafting you are somewhat disappointed with the outcome. Nonetheless, you know it will work and you turn to chopping the local trees only to find them their barks very hard and their wood splintering very easily. Despite bringing down two trees, you only harvest a minimum of timber.

Finally, as the sun sets and the moon brings some cool, you turn to hunting your supper, slinging a lizard and eating its flesh raw (saving its skin for further crafting).

The sun rises and you feel weak and tired, your head pounding and you realize that forcing yourself through the heat of the day and not resting has led to heat exhaustion.

LordArgon
Traits: Crafty
Status: Heat Exhausted (small malus to all tasks). Nourished. Tired (-1AP), Warm.
Inventory: Stone axe (poor quality, poor durability), Sling (moderate quality, poor durability), Lizard skin satchel (+2 inventory, moderate quality, moderate durability)
Stashed Nearby: String (1), Lizard skin, Timber (1)

Lord Herobrine

Lord Herobrine Turn 5.png

The sun beats down mercilessly and you are hungry and tired. You decide to deal with your hunger first, nodding to the strange two-legged creature in the west before moving south to hunt the striped herd-creatures as they drink from the river.

You creep quietly through the tall grass, your natural connection with animals helping you be careful of snakes and crocodiles, taking most of the day and night since you know that once you attack, the herd will disperse and you will lose your opportunity. Finally in the early dawn, you manage to get within throwing range of one and launch your spear. It lands squarely in the creatures shoulder, passing through its lungs and bringing it down not far from where you made the attack.

You quickly track down the creature, recovering your spear and skinning its beautiful striped pelt. The meat, even raw, is delicious. Thankful, you decorate your body in swirling patterns of its blood.

The sun rises and you feel weak and tired, your head pounding and you realize that forcing yourself through the heat of the day and not resting has led to heat exhaustion. Two days without sleep have left you confused and unsure of yourself, movement playing at the edges of your vision in ways you cannot fully trust.

Lord_Herobrine
Traits: Ranger
Status: Heat Exhausted (small malus to all tasks). Deep Exhaustion (small malus to all tasks). Nourished. Tired (-1 AP), Hot.
Inventory: Stone spear with prickly cactus spines (poor quality, poor durability)
Stashed Nearby: Zebra meat (2), Raw Zebra hide (very poor quality, very poor durability), Zebra bones

Marcher Jovian
Marcher Jovian Turn 5.png

You begin the day by foraging for food, finding roots, herbs, and small shrimp to snack on today with enough to last you into tomorrow. You then set to crafting yourself tools of stone to better serve you in future crafting efforts and as the sun sets, you rest by the pool, thankful for your success and health.

The sun rises and a giant bristling boar that has been snortling and foraging to the north-west appears to have entered into your territory and you wonder at its intentions.

Marcher Jovian
Traits: Leafy
Action Points: 3
Inventory: Stone ax (poor quality, poor durability), Stone tools (poor quality, poor durability)
Stashed Nearby: timber (2), raw vegetables (1)

Omega
Omega turn 4.png

The sun rises and you notice a curious bear, larger than most, has been attracted to your cave, perhaps smelling the tiger flesh or perhaps just wondering what you are, and perhaps if you are as delicious as you look (shh... you are- but I won't tell him). None-the-less, you ignore it for now, hiding deep in your cave and set to making a stone pick ax, munching on stringy tiger meat as you do, and satisfied with the weight and balance of the tool, turn to the river in the west. You note that the bear does not seem to be paying you too much attention and hefting your spear, you set out after the otters, being very successful in this endeavor and successfully spearing one before they flee your fury, swimming downstream and beyond your range.

Returning to the cave, you begin to work the pelt but here again you have poor luck, ruining the beautiful skin with aggressive knife work and leaving you only with its stringy meat to feed on.

Again spending the night in the cave, with the protection of the fire, leaves you well rested and ready for the morning sun.

Omega
Traits: Warrior
Inventory: Bone Spear (moderate quality, poor durability), Stone tools (poor quality, poor durability)
Stashed Nearby: stone pickax (moderate quality, poor durability), rabbit bones, tiger claws, tiger teeth, otter meat (1).

Thomas.Berubeg
Thomas.Berubeg turn 5.png

As the sun rises, you turn to completing your lean-to, building a frame of sticks and branches and layering it with woven grasses and thatch you prepared yesterday. Satisfied with your work, you turn to feeding yourself, foraging nearby and having significant success, finding not only mushrooms and vegetables, but herbs you recognize for their healing properties if properly prepared in a poultice or potion.

The sun sets and you push yourself onwards, building a fire to ward off the chill of the night and keep the strange giant millipedes that have been investigating your camp at bay. The run rises and you rest comfortably, tired but full.

You feel that your work in building the arch and lean-to may provide some experience to draw upon when building future structures.

Thomas.Berubug
Traits: Leafy, Builder
Inventory: nothing
Stashed Nearby: Stone arch (moderate quality, poor durability), Lean-to (moderate quality, poor durability), Raw veggies (1), Medical herbs (1)

Attachments

• Thomas.Berubeg turn 5.png
    Thomas.Berubeg turn 5.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I will need to nerf the karma mechanic a little bit. Not sure what i'll do but writing stories and creating creative content has been too successful in preventing deaths or turning bad luck.

Orders are due Friday 8pm EST.

KF
1 AP: Throw everything burnable nearby onto the fire (cautious)
1 AP: ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Free: I open my mind and spirit, letting the Rose Quartz WIllow's mana into me.
1AP: Knowing that I am at the mercy of my crocodilian nieghbours, I sleep up in Mother Tree's branches.

@Immaculate another great update! I love your use of the sprites, the landscapes are lovely. Believe me I appreciate how much time it takes :)

2 AP: again wrapping myself in the blanket, and carrying my spear, I will go foraging and wandering south-west, exploring the flowering bushes for fruits or anything else that looks edible. Excercise caution, and try to cover tracks using my ranger instincts. Definitely steer clear of rhinos or any other large animals. I'll follow my instincts about how far to travel.

1 AP: take extra time to rest. If I end up back at the lake, I'll re-light the fire, but if I've wandered too far, I will just look for any sheltered spot to the lay down with my blanket, or perhaps try to climb a tree for the night.

:salute:

Last edited:
Today shall be a day of rest.
1 AP) Meditate under the stone arch, and next to the fire, watching the sun, and slowly tending the fire. Stick some veggies on sticks and stick them in the fire, roasting them. snack. Active meditation, as it were.
1 AP) Rest

Last edited:
1AP: Carefully try to gather samples of any herbs that look like they might have medicinal or magical use
1AP: Carefully craft a hoe
1AP: Carefully rest

1AP: Craft String to help tightening and keeping the sticks and branches together
1AP: Craft Linen by gathering the grass around
1AP: Form the base of Tipi dwelling by founding the strongest sticks and branches.
1AP :Rest near fire with my Stone Axe at the ready to be used to hit anything that come to harm me.
*Also use some stick to keep fire going so as to cook leftover deer meat*
(My orders have been edited thank your for clarifying)
Everblack Day 5 The Beginning of a Dwelling

I am feel with renewed energy as I have achieved victory in hunting those big horned creatures. My spear aim was superb and I was reward with food and clothing that mark me a true hunter. I also for some weird reason feel that I can now hunt these grass eating creature with better. With all these spoils I cam to a realization that I have all these stuff but nowhere to put them all except on the ground near my fire.

As I wake from my sleep to the greeting of the many noise of creatures in this forest a new idea sprang forth from my head. I needed a place of to dwell inside so I can have better chance of survival. Being outside has many risk and I feel that having some where to lay my head with a feeling of protection.

To get started on this dwelling of mine I first need to build the base of dwelling. I get work by crafting string from the grass fibers nearby me. Then gather long branches that are sturdy enough and use those branches to set up a tripod like structure. I also craft some of the grass around me as a cover so as to be use later when the base structure of my dwelling is complete. Finally when that all done I take the last of my meat to cook and fell asleep with the dream image of what is to be my home.

Spoiler Dwelling :

Last edited:
She thinks: For what purpose have I been brought here? The blue expanse had washed her ashore a foreign isle with an exotic element oozing from the earth. Awake, she explores the tar - it pulls all that gets caught in its grasp. Is this the land where beings go when they have perished? She thinks: Did I perish in the storm?

This island of black ooze is the island of death, a concept that her primal mind knew instinctively but she had to focus on to truly comprehend. Death? She had preyed on the fish and their animation vanished - from vibrant to inert and unfeeling. The bear had attacked her - she could be prey, just as she could be predator. Below the black tar, she assumes, there is the undead underworld, but so long as she remains above, she is determined: I shall escape death, I shall escape death island.

Stockholme

1 AP - forage for food among the trees - I hope the dangling yellow things are nutritious; eat the fruit and try to store something for tomorrow
1 AP - experiment with the black tar; see if I can make a better fire using tar instead of just sticks (if that fails, just make a regular fire)
1 AP - make a torch by combining the tar with a stick (and maybe wrap the end of it with grass or something); leave it un-lit until necessary as a deterrence against the crabs
1 AP - sleep closer to the centre of the island than the coast, for fear the crabs might circle around to me (try to sleep away from the crabs, basically)

Note on crabs: I don't feel equipped to really kill a pack of giant crabs, so if I can make a torch (which, with flint from the stone tools, I can light with a moment's notice), if the crabs get near, I would like wave a torch at them to deter and intimidate them away; failing that, since crabs move sideways, best approach might be to use the axe on a leg or arm joint rather than try to crack its shell with the spear

Last edited:
You cannot light a torch without a fire or flint and steel.

@Everblack you don't need to cut timber to make a tipi- you can use sticks and branches.... that said, it wouldn't hurt but then you are lacking AP because cutting timber is an AP and building an Ax is an AP.

Top Bottom