[R&F] Netherlands leaked on Dutch TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should probably stop derailing the thread too much lol But if anyone has questions about Japanese feel free to PM me. I have studied Japanese for 5 years and also study Korean, Chinese, and Vietnamese.

Okay, Q Seondeok was first leaked in Korea. The Netherland is now leaked in Dutch TV. Either this is deliberate or else.

Is there anybody here living in Mongolia / Peru / Oman / Portugal / Pakistan / idkwhatelse? Please watch your local tv, maybe the respective civilization will be "leaked" there too.

I'm from Vermont. I'll yell over the fence every morning and ask my neighbor if there was anything on Canadian tv.

Maybe Don Cherry will mention it.

I agree, stroopwafels are much more suitable for that;)

No, in that case the liquorice will be just fine!

Also unique improvements for other civs don't disappear. I don't see why it should be different for Polders.

I do not know about nowadays, but in the past they did. I remember losing a city with Australia and having to rebuild the Outback Stations after reconquering it. This was on Australian summer patch.

If you conquer a city that has UI's they do disappear. You don't get to keep them.

I am still traumatised by how they butchered Jadwiga's voicing. She sounds like a Polish Valley Girl.

Sorry lol...but do you have a recording of what Jadwiga sounded like!? :p

I'm a little peeved you put the mighty Inca Empire in the same category as Bhutan and Tahiti, both of which have never appeared in Civ6. :p

Go the mighty Incans!!:bounce:

As for Canada, South Africa, and New Zealand becoming Civs, I hope not. No offence to people from those countries. If I had to pick one of them to become a Civ, I choose Canada. South Africa hasn't been in existence for long and I prefer the Maori over New Zealand (whose culture seems similar to Australia, though I could be wrong). If all three are added in Civ6, I will consider the game truly Anglo-Centric. :p

No offense taken! Well...not by anyone with half a brain anyway. I don't think any of us should be in the game either. NZ culture is -on average- more distinct from Australian culture than Canadian culture is from American, as you may expect with a large sea in between (starting with how differently we treated our native peoples as recently as 50 odd years ago). But to outsiders we will seem very alike. I was making the case -before they dropped the Aussies into the game- that in terms of carving a unique path in the world NZ has a far better claim than Australia. But we're no where near as well known as the savages across the ditch...so meh. To be expected.
And the Maori did rightfully get to be the UU for Polynesia :)

Last edited:
On the site I saw the asterisk was on Korea and signified it was a little less difficult
than the others.
EDIT: And there are other sites that asterisk Japanese as more difficult.

I found Korean sufficiently hard enough to learn in my year there that I only learned to say 'you are very beautiful.'

Moderator Action: This is not the place to talk about how hard different languages are to learn, please get back on topic

Who can guess this civ's all bonuses?

Civ UA: Something related with trade routes
Civ UU: Caravel replacement East Indiaman
Civ UI: Polder
Wilhelmina UA: During Dark Ages, cities don't lose loyalty (like they normally do)

Yes, in this direction it seems less difficult. As native german speaker with a lot English language contact at work, after 6 years in school, I find it relative easy to understand Dutch. - Generating text is of course much more difficult. I'm also interested in the different German dialects - this probably helps too.

"Keen nich will dieken, de mutt wieken." is the 'Low German' form of "Wer nicht will deichen, der muss weichen.", which is 'standard German'. I was just interested, how it would sound in Dutch.

In Dutch the saying is: 'Wie niet dijken wil, moet wijken'

Reactions: cvb
oh i like the choice! the Netherlands have a distinct golden age (de Gouden Eeuw) during the 17th century, and during Wilhelminas reign, Indonesias war for independence from the Neterhlands started!

Did my speculating already, but now more clearly:

Wilhelmina UA: 'Radio Oranje' - Dutch cities which are occupied have increased resistance, boosting loyalty towards the Dutch
Civ UA: 'VOC' - Trade Routes earn extra gold for each improved luxury resource at the destination city and have extended range
Civ UU: East Indiaman (replaces privateer) - When entering waters of a city-state, either trade goods for a lump sum or earn 2 envoys in that city-state
Civ UI: Polder

UI: Polder
LUA: Radio Oranje - increased loyalty if the netherlands receive a war declaration.
UU: Caravan - support unit, provides 2 housing when placed in a dutch city. Reduces movement points of opponent units within 4 tiles by 1 (by 2 on roads, by 3 if the opponent is german) if attached to a dutch unit.
UA: World Cup Qualifiers - receive additional points for golden/dark ages whenever a stadium is build in a dutch/neighbouring city.

;)

LUA: Radio Oranje - increased loyalty if the netherlands receive a war declaration.
UU: Caravan - support unit, provides 2 housing when placed in a dutch city. Reduces movement points of opponent units within 4 tiles by 1 (by 2 on roads, by 3 if the opponent is german) if attached to a dutch unit.
UA: World Cup Qualifiers - receive additional points for golden/dark ages whenever a stadium is build in a dutch/neighbouring city.

;)

hahahahaha wow

;)
I want to like it twice.

Unique Infrastructure: Polder
Leader Unique Ability: Radio Oranje - set up spies in occupied cities and have a special activity to build up resistance
UU: Sea Beggars - wider movement range, faster but weaker unless paired up. Can raid the seas and stuff.
UA: Something to do with gaining more money from trade routes and trade routes over sea. Maybe gain double gold from trade routes voer sea? Or double gold for pillaging trade routes over sea.

Oh the thought that Indonesia and The Netherlands will be battling for the Island Plates supremacy :D

We won that for the most part in real life... Stupid Germans and Japanese messing up everything though.

Quick, does anyone here watch Bhutanese talk shows?! We could be missing potential leaks!

Joking aside, it is an odd strategy, news spreads quickly nowadays. While I'm sure that most of the Civ6 community has no idea of the Dutch we are an international forum here, news is bound to get here one-way or another.

I would most certainly not have known about the leak without this forum...

Now connect your discussion to the leaking Netherlands .....

NOTHING HERE IS LEAKING!

(actually I don't care; I live 40 m above sea level)

Her core cities will be very loyal. Her colonies not so much (looking at you New Amsterdam).

Actually New Amsterdam was traded away for Suriname to the English.

(or maybe there's some details to that that I don't know)

Actually New Amsterdam was traded away for Suriname to the English.

(or maybe there's some details to that that I don't know)

No, it was traded with Run island in Spice archipelagos (the Moluccas).
It's really ironic now that the Moluccas remains neglected and underdeveloped while New Amsterdam become... New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom