• Senate Only

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Both

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VGL

Deity
So I wanted to write a new American IAAR which I will post as soon as I come back to Iran from my trip to Russia and I got everything figured out. All except the legislative branch. So I created this poll to see your opinions. Anyway I'm using the Sainte-Lague method of the party list porportional represnation for congress and this poll is just for which chamber would you want to be included. Here is how each would work:

House Only: Easy. There is a house and there is a election every 4 year (the same as presidential election) until 1845 which then will become every 2 year (midterm) and every seat will be up for election

Senate Only: Every 4 year till 1845 and 2 year afterwards, 1/3 of the senators have their seats contested. As other seats aren't up for election, it would massively differ if a party received a majority in the house but cannot receive a majority in the Senate because not enough seats were even contested to even win.

Both: It will include both the Senate and the house like IRL

Bear in mind that the US senate was not directly elected by the people of their respective state until the early 1900s.

Up until that point the senate was elected, in some states appointed, by the state legislature. Meaning that they weren't technically elected by the people but by the state.

I know that. But I cannot also have a state election for every state and keep track of them. Plus it's going to be different than IRL. If we want to go down that road, then many states had their state legislature vote for electors and they didn't have any popular vote for presidency. The first election that had all states decide their electors by popular vote was the 1872 election

Top Bottom