NEW Barbarian Villages and Goody Huts July-27-2005

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
New Barbarian Villages, Goody Huts and Aborigine Village

I designed these Huts from researching what little I could find on Ancient Australian Aborigine Villages. I used the huts to create a "City Unit" and then used them to create new goodyhuts and barbarian villages. I have included both the "Tropical" and "No Trees" type barbarian villages and goodyhuts along with my new Offset Mine. Extra Files are also included for those of you who want to mix and match to create your own villages. Included files for CIV III and Conquest/PTW versions. A "Read Me" file is with the Zip.

The reason for the No Tree versions of these Huts is because Tropical Trees on all terrain such as frozen tundra or desert looks strange in the game lol. However, for those who make maps and Special Scenarios, the tropical Aborigine Village, goodyhuts or barbarian villages can be a nice touch. I had planned to create a New Barbarian to go with the New barbarian huts and thought a dark skinned Head Hunter with Spear, Bone in the nose and grunt sounds would be appropriate or at least fun. :) I may do that in the future when I get caught up on "work". I created a Skull and placed it on a post that looks good in the game...the Skull, Huts, Statues and Rocks are all in the zip if you want to use them for other projects. In any case, Hope you like them. Use as you like.
File Restored in Link
Get the Complete Zip File Here

Attachments

• Vuldacons_goodyhuts_ barbarian villages.zip
    257.8 KB · Views: 234
  • Aborigine_Village.bmp
    54.2 KB · Views: 606
Previews...Tropical and No Tree versions of Barbarians and GoodyHuts:

Attachments

• Barbarian Villages.bmp
    65.2 KB · Views: 448
  • Vuldacon's_NoTrees_goodyhuts.bmp
    216.1 KB · Views: 302
  • Vuldacon's_Tropical_goodyhuts.bmp
    216.1 KB · Views: 328
Oh, here is a Preview of the New Offset Mine included in the Zip. It is positioned so it does not cover your "Beautiful" Resources" :lol: after it is built. It was made from a combination of existing mines, changed, resized, colored, etc... to look good in the game :

Attachments

• offset_mine.bmp
    9.3 KB · Views: 788
Nice huts. Maybe for my Diablo mod I can use them.

Thanks for the nice comments. :)
Just wanted to add that the Barbarian Huts and Goody Huts are differently colored, slightly. The Barbarian Huts also have the Skulls on the posts while the Goody Huts do not, making it easy to see the difference if both are used in your game. Both should look distinctive and add a nice colorful addition to the terrain in your game. The distinctive, colorful appearance also makes them easier to find and see in the game as well.

look great, but can we have an ingame screeny?

Here is a screenshot of one of the NO Trees Goody Huts...(there are Eight different ones). They look better in the game than on a screenshot but here you go:

Attachments

• NoTrees_ScreenShot_goodyhuts.bmp
    141.2 KB · Views: 549
Here is a screenshot of the No Trees Barbarian Huts.
(The Huts with Tropical Trees for the Barbarians and Goody Huts look good in the game but again, Most players that use those Tropical Tree types will probably place them manually on Maps for Scenarios in order to contol what terrain they are found on).

Attachments

• NoTrees_Screenshot_Barbarian_Village.bmp
    145.1 KB · Views: 506
Screenshot of Offset Mine in game: Again, with the complete game files, I included single files for the Huts and this Mine so players can add anything they like and omit what they do not want. All in the included "Read Me" in the Zip.

Attachments

• Offset_Mine_Screenshot.bmp
    191.7 KB · Views: 433
I used a mine that I liked as a model for the Track, Cart and Resources from a friend that I was discussing mines with. I remade the Track, Cart, Resources, Changed track length and angle, Resized and re-colored all and Offset the mine in the game square. Also combined the normal Game Mine with this as well and blended all into terrain. I did not have any name with the mine I received and looked at concerning the changes for this mine. IF you made the larger Cart on tracks at a different angle going into the Mine with Gold as the Resource, then yes, it was your original Mine that I used in part for the general Track/Cart look with combined changes. I wanted a smaller Cart and Track at a different angle going into an Offset Mine for general use but Glad to know who made that nice "Gold Mine" Looks good for Gold... :cool:

that is a great Barbarian Villages and Goody Huts Vuldacon

@Anarki, yours doesnt look anything like this one

Top Bottom