New Beta Version - April 9th (4/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that sounds like the vanilla UI quirk related to popup overflow.

G

Can this "popup overflow" be alleviated by saving the game, exiting, clearing the cache, then reloading?

First off, thanks so much for CPP! It has really made the game a lot more fun for me, even after years of playing.

I have been playing the latest beta and have a couple (possible) bugs to report:

1. I received the same event three turns in a row for each of my three cities. It's my understanding that this isn't supposed to happen.
  2. Archers do effectively 0 damage to cities. Is this intentional?
Story of (2): I went to war with Siam in the early game. I surrounded their capital with 5 spearmen and 5 archers. After about 20 turns of doing 1-2 damage per shot to their 26-defense capital (that repaired every turn), it was at about half health. At which point I just quit the game because it was clear I was never going to capture the city.

This is in contrast to a game I played just before where (surprise surprise) Shaka attacked me with about a dozen spearmen and eliminated both of my cities with predictable ease. I quite like the fact that cities aren't all impregnable fortresses under CPP, has that changed in the beta or was Siam's invincibility a bug?

Can this "popup overflow" be alleviated by saving the game, exiting, clearing the cache, then reloading?

Just reloading the game will fix it, but load from an auto save from before capturing the city so that the popup will appear.

Gazebo, regarding the era scaling issue with the Cooperation belief, is that a fix I could make on my end, or is it in the DLL? I know you're pretty busy so the next version is probably still a ways out, but that was one of my favorite beliefs.

I'm getting a repeatable CTD with my game once I declare war on a CS.
Here's the crashdump.

EDIT:
Just reloaded the last savegame several times and it is triggered when you mouseover the CS city banner. I seem to recall reading this a few times but can't find those posts just now.

Attachments

• CvMiniDump.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 132
I'm getting a repeatable CTD with my game once I declare war on a CS.
Here's the crashdump.

EDIT:
Just reloaded the last savegame several times and it is triggered when you mouseover the CS city banner. I seem to recall reading this a few times but can't find those posts just now.
Yes, I'd mentioned this before under bug reports. It seems that just moving on to the next turn and trying again fixes the issue, though.

Just reloading the game will fix it, but load from an auto save from before capturing the city so that the popup will appear.

That didn't work for me last time I had this problem. I have the game set to autosave every turn, so I reloaded within the game, then I exited to the Main Menu and reloaded, then I exited to Desktop and reloaded. But each time it would autoannex the city rather than giving me the choices.

That didn't work for me last time I had this problem. I have the game set to autosave every turn, so I reloaded within the game, then I exited to the Main Menu and reloaded, then I exited to Desktop and reloaded. But each time it would autoannex the city rather than giving me the choices.

Odd. Reloading always seems to work for me.

Still playing with the 4/9b version and enjoying it greatly!

Still, there's a couple of "balance issues" that I'd like to address. It might just be me but:
  1. Money Balance: I'm making so much money! Right now (Medieval Era) I'm making about 250/turn and have a balance of roughly 5k gold. I'm literally trying to spend money here! Every time a city starts building a new building I rush buy 50% production and still...
  2. Happiness: Not once in my current game have I been close to getting negative happiness and I'm now in the Mieval Era. Of course it might just be my fantastic start but...
  3. Events: While enjoying the new event system very much (yes, even the negative ones) I do think that tat least some of them need to be toned down, e.g. "Nomadic Incursion" and "Icons from the Past"

Hope anyone will pick up the discussion - maybe I'm the only one with these "issues"? Maybe it's totally different in the 4/23 version, maybe..?????

\Skodkim

Money Balance: I'm making so much money! Right now (Medieval Era) I'm making about 250/turn and have a balance of roughly 5k gold. I'm literally trying to spend money here! Every time a city starts building a new building I rush buy 50% production and still...

That one varies greatly for me - from game to game, not from version to version. Some policy trees like Progress or Industry are just prone to generating a lot of money.

That one varies greatly for me - from game to game, not from version to version. Some policy trees like Progress or Industry are just prone to generating a lot of money.

Honestly, if you're earning too much money, you're probably keeping too small of an army.

Well I do have progress maxed out. Industry is not yet available.

\Skodkim

According to info addict I'm behind but not that far

\Skidkim

Doesn't matter how big of an army you have compared to your neighbor, the point is that if you're making extra gold, you could have a larger army.

Doesn't matter how big of an army you have compared to your neighbor, the point is that if you're making extra gold, you could have a larger army.

So the answer to a discussion about whether there too much good in the game is "no there isn't as you could spend it faster"...

I'm fine with it as long as it's just my experience. I know how to tweak things. If it's a general problem though I feel it should be addressed. That's why I brought it up along with the questions regarding happiness and event frequency.

\Skodkim

So the answer to a discussion about whether there too much good in the game is "no there isn't as you could spend it faster"...

Exactly :D

You said "I'm literally trying to spend money here!", and I told you where you could spend it, there is actually no discussion about anything going on.

Exactly :D

You said "I'm literally trying to spend money here!", and I told you where you could spend it, there is actually no discussion about anything going on.

Ok, so let me rephrase.

Does anybody wise feel that it's too easy to make gold in this version? Too easy to keep a happy empire? That certain events happen too often?

\Skodkim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom