1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - March 14th (3-14)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Mar 14, 2019.

1. randomnub

randomnub Chieftain

Cool.

:hmm:

Where can I find it?

Edit: Damn, looks like I had AI logging turned off. Ah well, is Progress ranked alright in your games?

2. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Chieftain

Just a little feedback on the updated beta. The issues I encountered before seem to be fixed, more or less. So thumbs up on that!

I don't quite understand everything in the happiness tooltip at the top of my screen, but perhaps that will come with time. At the moment I'm mostly observing my cities by scrolling through the city screen, and the information there is easy to read.

I did notice a couple of things that I think have been around a little while but I wasn't here to mention at the time. Firstly the tile allocation seems to ignore that when you are building a settler, a little bit of the food produced converts to hammers.

To clarify, this is the default:
    Spoiler A :
    20190319220719_1.jpg

And this is the tiles that I've chosen to work. In this case I only moved one tile: from the jungle to the lake, but the overall production has increased by 1. In some cases selecting tiles manually like this has got my settler out a turn earlier.
    Spoiler B :
    20190319220734_1.jpg

Secondly, is it just me, or have events been less frequent for a few patches now? The game goes a bit quicker, which is cool, but I miss them a little. Not sure if this is a mod thing, or a mod-mod thing. Those points aren't related of this patch specifically anyway, but I thought I'd mention them while I'm here.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  3. John.B.C

John.B.C Chieftain

Let's not forget about the fun with Citadels that came from snatching valuable resources from other players and city-states. I was always looking for an opportunity to do this when building my cities, planing what tiles to buy etc. There's almost no point at all doing that anymore, and thus this monument of the GG has been devaluated to be but a mere strategical defense building only.

4. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

A hard cooldown was implemented on some events. This was in response to people who had experienced several consecutive tile pillaging events in a short period of time.

I'm happy for the change, personally. It makes playing with events bearable, because having 12+ tiles all get pillaged in 10 turns or less was actually pretty common before and it was incredibly irritating. Being forced to reassign workers to other cities because 2 cities next to each other just had their entire infrastructure implode is not my idea of fun.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  5. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Good question actually. @Gazebo , does the new happy bonus for a local luxury only work within the normal cities 3 tiles...or does every luxury you have in your borders get assigned to a city?

For this example, if I grabbed a luxury using a citadel that was outside the normal 3 tiles, would it grant any benefit?

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

All tiles are assigned ownership to a city, even if not workable.

G

7. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

Please explain this line further; people are reading it as "Luxuries within a certain distance without caring about borders". In this case, Great General land acquisition does nothing.

vyyt likes this.
  8. Gazebo

When a citadel is used the purchased tiles are added to the ‘ownership’ of the nearest city. That’s all that matters.

G

9. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

The way I read it, it means "Every luxuries within borders, and luxuries can only count for one city", which is the exact opposite of what you read, but is coherent with Gazebo's posts.

TranceBlossom and Gazebo like this.
  10. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

The logic is like when you pop a citadel and it expands 5 tiles away. You would think there's no city ownership, but once a nearby city is lost, you may find that Citadel not being yours.

11. Dolen

Dolen Chieftain

On the updated 2b patch...

. Tradition opener doesn't give me +2 happiness (possibly a bug)

On the new happiness system

. When the empire happiness value is less than the number of the cities owned (i.e. 3 empire happiness, gained from like discovering natural wonders and so on, and 5 cities),
    all the 3 happiness goes to the capital. Is it how it's supposed to work?
    Because this makes it quite hard to manage happiness... Say the empire happiness hits 5 or more (exactly the same amount as the numbers of cities owned or more),
    Suddenly, happiness at the capital drops by 2, which can lead to some fatal situation especially in the early stages of the game.

12. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

13. Gazebo

Yes
    Tradition opener works for me... keep in mind it may take a turn or two to update due to how building updates work (I might add a check for this to speed it up).
    And yes, that's how it is supposed to work.

G

14. civplayer33

civplayer33 Chieftain

In response to the issues voiced in the Quick Questions / Quick Answers thread regarding the Promotion Tree module of VP when using low resolutions, I have updated that module to fix the issues. The changes mostly concern some restructuring of UI element positions and sizes, but I also added a shortcut key for toggling UI size ('D'). I've tested this at the lowest resolution Civ 5 allows (without hacking into the game files), 1024x768, and it works fine there.

You can download the file and replace the folder of the same name in your MODS folder with the folder in the archive to update to the newest version (don't forget to delete the cache, as well).
    I'm guessing Gazebo will integrate this improved version with the next VP release (but feel free to voice any concerns / issues or whatever else regarding this @Gazebo).

If anyone finds any more issues with the Promotion Tree, just post them somewhere and tag me.

Attached Files:

Maxxim69, vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  15. Gazebo

I'll update the installer, but this is going to hit your royalties pretty hard...I hope you've got a solid retirement plan.

G

civplayer33 likes this.
  16. arthurF

arthurF Chieftain

I thought ALL these patches were betas?

17. Pajazo

Pajazo Chieftain

I'm not getting the happiness from tradition opener either. I waited multiple turns but nothing changed and barbarians started to spawn so I stopped there. I was also already getting unhappiness at 3 population (on immortal difficulty) which seems harsh since there is nothing I can do to stop it at that point. Having 1 unhappiness at 3 pop was giving me 35% penalty to settler production so it is a significant penalty that early in the game. Surely you are not supposed to stay at 2 pop until you get your first luxury? Finding a national wonder would help but for me that feels like too much randomness. I think capital should get at least 3 happiness from handicap even on higher difficulties.

18. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I agree, I think this is a scenario where a linear scale just doesn't work. Even at diety you need enough happy to get the party started.

19. Dolen

Dolen Chieftain

In the earliest stages of the game, low empire pop means it can hit 75 % threshold really easy, and - 25% unit production penalty that comes from it means almost game over in higher difficulties.
    You know what, 1 pop bonus from ancient ruins can ruin your entire game if unlucky...

20. Gazebo

Edgy.