New Beta Version - March 2nd (3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lighthouse won't create any connections unless you could move a boat from the lake to the ocean through canals (fort/citadel/city)

At least the city of Mhlahlandlela has got a free unit, though what I am going to do with a free Galleas in a pond in the middle of nowhere I have no idea.:)

View attachment 591756

I already warned about this issue in the last update I didn't say anything in this post because i didn't know it still happened, it's a rather unconvinient thing to happen in the early because every unit counts, in the late game i stop hurrying about it :lol:

At least that was two tiles. Mine was in a one tile lake in the middle of nowhere. It is a pity you cannot move it like cargo ships & admirals, though that would get abused. I must admit it does seem strange building a cargo ship surrounded by desert just because a one tile lake is next to city, then transporting it anywhere in your kingdom as long as water is available.

I already warned about this issue in the last update I didn't say anything in this post because i didn't know it still happened, it's a rather unconvinient thing to happen in the early because every unit counts, in the late game i stop hurrying about it :lol:

I remember you mentioning it, & at the time it hadn't happened to me for awhile, so thought it had been fixed. Obviously not. :D

It's not. But it's nerfed in that the master will now DoW everyone who is currently at war with the voluntary vassal before the agreement takes place.

(I did add code for the AI to be able to handle it; we'll see how well that goes :) )

Is there a check to be sure the future master can't circumvent a peace deal with the aggressor?

First time playing Morocco in a while. Emperor on Communitu_79. Thoughts on Tradition or Progress? :)

Spoiler :
Probably going to go Goddess of Nature since I have Great Barrier Reef and Ol' Faithful nearby!
3-30-2021.png

Last edited:
Is there a check to be sure the future master can't circumvent a peace deal with the aggressor?

Not yet; it's tricky to do. But I'll add it for sure, just not a major issue.

Last edited:
First time playing Morocco in a while. Emperor on Communitu_79. Thoughts on Tradition or Progress? :)

Spoiler :
Probably going to go Goddess of Nature since I have Great Barrier Reef and Ol' Faithful nearby! View attachment 592037

Land feels too scarce to play Progress imo, depending on what is south of you.
+ Incense monopoly means big Religion game, and Tradition tends to be better for religion due to a head start of Faith from Sovereignty

Spoiler :
Probably going to go Goddess of Nature since I have Great Barrier Reef and Ol' Faithful nearby! View attachment 592037

I never usually play tradition as think Authority & progress appear so much better, though used to when originally playing this mod. Suppose Venice might not be so bad using it. One thing I would be very wary about is expanding north, as Inca's will be jumping form mountain to mountain & are very annoying.

How is the AI able to get 5 social policies so fast, I'm only able to get three even when choosing the same tree.
I started in ancient era and on epic speed, are the AI's getting bonuses on culture?

How is the AI able to get 5 social policies so fast, I'm only able to get three even when choosing the same tree.
I started in ancient era and on epic speed, are the AI's getting bonuses on culture?

AI gets bonus yields based on difficulty for certain events like settling cities, plus some civs are very good at generating culture on top of that.

One thing that has really improved in this mod over vanilla is how the AI works, in warfare. They are a lot better & sensible but I do sometimes wonder if their priorities are self damaging on occassion. In present game am playing The Huns on Pangeoa map with little water. In renaissance age & only six civs left, with three vassals of myself & Byzantine vassal of Carthage. Despite both having many cities we don't have borders, being on opposite sides of the massive continent. I have advanced alot & border Byzantine, who border Carthage. Both civs have irritatingly been sending missionaries to my cities, with neither stopping when asked, so declared war on Byzantine. This is a world war as rest of civs are vassals & I currently ally all remaining CS except Monaco, who Carthage have as ally.

When declaring war I calculated the actions of Carthage & proved right. As carthage is naval power over half of his massive forces are naval units, which is no loss to me as majority of my cities are not on coast, & ones that are, are either unaccesible to him or hard to take. Mind you with two ships I wouldn't put up much of a fight. I knew it would be difficult to get a foothold due to Byzantine city layout, but Carthage ensured there was little opposiiton. Upon war their fleet advance on CS of Bueno Aries, whilst their army advanced on Melbourne. In next 10 goes I ransack through the Byzantine empire, whilst a solitary Carthage Longswordsman looks on. Admitingly Melbourne is likely to fall, & must praise AI in ensuring their ranged units don't die, but unfortuantely at the cost of their melee units. So the time they finally meet me they will have me on their borders with no protection.

The point I am making, which happens regularly, is the AI puts more priority in overthrowing some CS, than protecting an important vassal or their own lands. I know vassals don't take very kindly with their cities being attacked. Spain in a previous game got quite annoyed when Rome ravaged it, though in fairness had trouble reaching it due to mountains. Looking back though they were right as civs become vassals for protection not to see their masters go walkabout & only concerned with themselves..

I just ask that AI take the prioirty of their own lands & vassals over other things.

Is there a known issue with razing cities in this patch? I just conquered an Indonesian city and didn't get the option to raze it. It was neither a holy city nor their capital, and I remember playing against Indonesia on an earlier version of VP where that wasn't an issue, so I assume their "spice islander" UA from the base game is correctly disabled - also, it was a city on the same continent as their cap anyway.

Maybe it's because I citadel'd one of their unique luxes from that city previously? Then again, they citadel'd it back before I eventually took the city. I'm at a loss...

Is there a known issue with razing cities in this patch? I just conquered an Indonesian city and didn't get the option to raze it. It was neither a holy city nor their capital, and I remember playing against Indonesia on an earlier version of VP where that wasn't an issue, so I assume their "spice islander" UA from the base game is correctly disabled - also, it was a city on the same continent as their cap anyway.

Maybe it's because I citadel'd one of their unique luxes from that city previously? Then again, they citadel'd it back before I eventually took the city. I'm at a loss...

Can't raze a city founded on top of a unique luxury.

That might be it. Gotta check. Thanks for the quick reply. Do you by chance know if there's a way (mod, code) to change that?

Can you by chance alter that behaviour, or would it mess with city states?

That might be it. Gotta check. Thanks for the quick reply. Do you by chance know if there's a way (mod, code) to change that?

If I'm not mistaken, this is vanilla code from Indonesia's UA. Should not be hard to change, but not sure of the effects on City-States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom