New Beta Version - November 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is weird, suddenly everyone (literally everyone) wants to make a declaration of friendship with me and with each other. Still ancient era tho.

Alright, I take back everything I said. With the recent merges I have successfully compiled a DLL with the AI changes. Have at it!

Edit: Shortly after posting this, ilteroi compiled a new DLL with even more fixes. The link has been updated.

NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wQ1DOxRNjzlKvs7rV9O37rcniUrrTsZp

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Delete the "cache" folder.
2. Put DLL in "(1) Community Patch"
3. Put CoreChanges.sql in "(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Changes"
4. Put CoreText_en_US.xml in "(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Text"

OPTIONAL:

- Put WonderChanges.sql in "(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\Wonders" to fix Terracotta Army bug.
- Put MountedUnits.sql in "(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\Units" for 5 movement Light Tanks.

Not to be ungrateful but uhhh... could we get a fix for the AI not putting out great works to swap? :DDDD

EDIT: or at least lmk how to go in and do it myself <3

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

So the new diplo AI changes are experimental. AI has been a bit overtuned (intentionally) and I plan on adjusting before the next version once I get some community feedback.

Let me know what you think of the new AI: too aggressive? Not aggressive enough? Any unusual behavior? (excessive DoFs qualify) Any other such feedback is welcome. :)

I'm trying to strike a balance that people will like, but it'll take testing to see how the various factors interact with each other.

Feedback from a full game is more valuable: AI has been tuned to be significantly more aggressive when land disputes are involved, and warmongers should be going to be going to war much more. In general you should see changes in AI aggression throughout the game.

Also please state what difficulty you were playing on.

A big thank you to @ilteroi and @ASCII Guy for their help!

Hope you guys enjoy! :)

Edit: Also the CoreChanges.sql will be applied regardless of whether you add the file.

Last edited:
Alright, I take back everything I said. With the recent merges I have successfully compiled a DLL with the AI changes. Have at it!

Edit: Shortly after posting this, ilteroi compiled a new DLL with even more fixes. The link has been updated.

NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wQ1DOxRNjzlKvs7rV9O37rcniUrrTsZp

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Delete the "cache" folder.
2. Put DLL in "(1) Community Patch"
3. Put CoreChanges.sql in "(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Changes"
4. Put CoreText_en_US.xml in "(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Text"

OPTIONAL:

- Put WonderChanges.sql in "(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\Wonders" to fix Terracotta Army bug.
- Put MountedUnits.sql in "(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\Units" for 5 movement Light Tanks.

Just to be sure, the link above has Ilteroi's dll or is there a different link with his?

Put out your own as an offer. Eventually one of the others will bite.

Precisely – the AI was often offering up GWs that it actually was using, now it will truly only offer excess works.

G

Which is OK, except that it becomes very difficult to benefit from certain theming bonuses. Wonders like the Louvre are less appealing when it takes forever (if at all) to actually get the works and artifacts required. Honestly, I feel this change is overtuned. If the AI were more willing to trade we would literally both benefit from it. But they don't seem to be able to tell that they can do better, they just want to keep what they already have.

The AI doesn't seem to want to trade works that don't grant them anything special either. In the early game when people have maybe one great work each but nobody has any theming bonuses, I have yet to get any trades at all.

In the past you could collect your favourite works of art and literature. Now that's almost impossible. I wouldn't even mind as much if I could see what I was being offered for trade, but that's not the case. You never have the option to say 'do you have anything with nature themes?', you get a pot luck where some depressing prose about war is as likely as whimsical poetry on the nature of love.

Last edited:
At least in my testing just now, there seems to be some kind of bug setting WAR and HOSTILE approaches to 0 constantly, which would explain the AI passivity.

Working on finding out what's causing this.

Last edited:
civbugbeta.png

:hmm:

At least in my testing just now, there seems to be some kind of bug setting WAR and HOSTILE approaches to 0 constantly, which would explain the AI passivity.

Working on finding out what's causing this.

Okay, the AI passivity bug has been identified. The AI was checking for a cached attack target against the other civ, without checking to see if there was a more current target, and setting approaches for WAR and HOSTILE to 0 if it found no target. This is actually a longstanding bug that substantially reduced AI aggression, happy it was caught!

With this bug fixed, you should see the AI be much more aggressive.

New DLL with this bug being slain like the hydra should be forthcoming. Should also fix the "excessive Declarations of Friendship" issue. :)

Last edited:
Wow and I was actually getting declared on a lot if I did some relatively light warmongering.

Wonder if it'll be like with this fix haha

Wow and I was actually getting declared on a lot if I did some relatively light warmongering.

Wonder if it'll be like with this fix haha

That's probably because I changed the code for third party war etc

I suspect that with this fix the AI may become too aggressive and it'll need to be toned down, but it should be much more fun than the AI sitting around having war/hostility set to 0 :)

Where we can download that fix?
Again from google drive ?
ilteroi will be releasing a new fix later today, it is not available yet.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Note to everyone, this fixes:
- Major longstanding diplo bug causing AI hostility weight to be constantly set to 0 (SLAIN LIKE THE HYDRA!!!)
- Barbarians spawning Great Merchants
- Should hopefully fix DoF spam in Ancient Era as well

Have fun, please post any feedback here! :)

Not sure if savegame compatible; I'd personally start a new game given the magnitude of the diplo fix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom