New BNW FAQ!

There's actually 2 civs being announced on Friday. Morocco and one other. Who can guess which one has the ITR UA?

A Renaissance-themed Italy would be a good fit for a UA based on International Trade Routes with City-States. More than Morocco, I would have thought.

Indonesia are another good candidate, but of course if we get Italy instead of Venice as well as Morocco, we won't get Indonesia.

Abu Bakr sounds more like a Great General. I'd go with Yusif ibn Tashfin.

Morocco would be a perfect fit for the international trade routes, with the Trans-Saharan trade and all.

A Renaissance-themed Italy would be a good fit for a UA based on International Trade Routes with City-States. More than Morocco, I would have thought.

Venice specifically would be a good fit for International Trade Routes. A more general Renaissance-themed Italy would be a much better fit for Great Works.

Being realistic 4 of these 6 are going to be in BNW:

Indonesia/Majaphit
Morocco/Moors
Italy/Venice
Hungary
Vietnam
Sioux

Don't really see any other real options.

I agree, with the addition that instead of the Sioux a lot of other NAmerican natives could go in.

The Industrial Era UU hint points towards the Sioux. They're the most likely candidate for a Cavalry UU of all the theorized civs so far.

On the other hand, that Moroccon (what is the adjective form I don't know) Gatling Camel that was posted a while back is hilarious and I'd love to see it get in.

Being realistic 4 of these 6 are going to be in BNW:

Indonesia/Majaphit
Morocco/Moors
Italy/Venice
Hungary
Vietnam
Sioux

Don't really see any other real options.

I'd say the Franks have just as much a dark horse candidacy as the Hungarians.

The Franks would definitely be better than "Holy Rome," but hopefully they're covered by Germany and France. Likewise, throwing in the Normans on top of Denmark and England is hopefully not something Firaxis wants to do.

I think Hungary and Bulgaria are the last European "civilizations" that really deserve inclusion, and we already know Bulgaria's out. Switzerland would be fun in terms of unique abilities and such, too, but we also know they're out.

I'd like to see Hungary somewhere down the line, but given that either Italy or Venice is a near-certainty, I don't want it to be in BNW; we've got enough Europeans already.

I agree, with the addition that instead of the Sioux a lot of other NAmerican natives could go in.

Yeah, there's quite plenty that could fit in even if we limit it to eastern native americans based on that weird "barbarian" unit - Seminole, Shawnee, Cherokee, Powhatan, Huron, etc.

I think Hungary and Bulgaria are the last European "civilizations" that really deserve inclusion, and we already know Bulgaria's out. Switzerland would be fun in terms of unique abilities and such, too, but we also know they're out.

Although I don't like the Eurocentrism of the civ series (though I understand why it exists), I do think that Hungary and Bulgaria deserve their place (besides Italy, but most of us are betting on Italy now), given how both founded large empires that played a key role in European affairs at their heights.

The Franks would definitely be better than "Holy Rome," but hopefully they're covered by Germany and France. Likewise, throwing in the Normans on top of Denmark and England is hopefully not something Firaxis wants to do.

I'd like to see Hungary somewhere down the line, but given that either Italy or Venice is a near-certainty, I don't want it to be in BNW; we've got enough Europeans already.

I hope the Franks are not covered by France or Germany, because their culture was distinct from either of those two states.

As it is, Germany's page in the Civilopedia has an entire section devoted to talking about the Franks as part of the in-game civilization (and another about Charlemagne).

Top Bottom