New Cumulative General History Quiz III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... So the new 'smoking habit' was a demonstration to intervention in the Spanish civil war (fascist side)?

Or do you imply that I'm very very close in time frame...

:p

Hmm... So the new 'smoking habit' was a demonstration to intervention in the Spanish civil war (fascist side)?
Or do you imply that I'm very very close in time frame...
:p
The first step would be to be a bit more specific about Spanish civil war.

I'm afraid that my knowledge of the Spanish civil war is quite limited even though I read an article about it a couple of months ago. Heck, I probably picked the wrong Spanish civil war too...

:lol:

Let's see what others might come up with.

:)

Something to do with the International Brigades?

Wasn't there a war after Napoleon in Spain, when they tried to decide if they would have a monarchy or republic? Don't remember the years though.

Ok, I'll give the answer as you are all beating around the bush

It was during the Carlist war of 1820-1823, triggered a rebellion after the restored Spanish Monarchy decided not to apply the constitution of 1812.

France was given a mandate to help protect the monarchy, and raised a 100,000 men army, the "Sons of Saint Louis", who were sent to Spain, and beat the rebels.

The French soldiers there picked the habit to smoke in public, and came back with it.

Sorry, only noticed your question now. As far as I'm concerned please go ahead and step in. I don't have any good question to post for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom