New DLC: Polynesia

Kind of like the real Easter Island Civilization.

...Pretty much how I play them as well, actually. :mischief:

Wide cultural win FTW! :lol:

(Disclaimer: Wide, when I play, actually entails an early Tall game, followed by a rapid mushrooming of my empire. Not a pure wide game.)

Nope, not listed in Steam (that's why i was asking for having checked first, btw).
Even the HOF hasn't updated by putting the Defeat in, only the earlier via Hiawata has been correctly recorded in the DB.
Strange.

Are you on offline mode on steam?

This is what you do: go to the bug report forum and post a report with your save attached.
They WILL see it and look into it. Reproducible crashes should always be uploaded. How do you expect them to fix the problem when you don't give them the error to look at?

What I expect is for the game not to crash at all, so far I am one of only a very few people that have had this happen. I have not had a crash since I started playing CiV last september. I am playing a second game to see if it does it again. I am on turn 156 and it has been doing great. If I can get past turn 170 things will be looking up. I have my old game saved and will submit it after.

What I expect is for the game not to crash at all, so far I am one of only a very few people that have had this happen. I have not had a crash since I started playing CiV last september. I am playing a second game to see if it does it again. I am on turn 156 and it has been doing great. If I can get past turn 170 things will be looking up. I have my old game saved and will submit it after.

In today's world, expecting every game to work flawlessly on every PC just isn't realistic. You seem to be a real exception here as no one else has posted about it. I have sent in saves before and they have fixed the issue, so it's definitely not a waste of time! Thanks!

In today's world, expecting every game to work flawlessly on every PC just isn't realistic. You seem to be a real exception here as no one else has posted about it. I have sent in saves before and they have fixed the issue, so it's definitely not a waste of time! Thanks!

I'm having trouble with one of my games in this scenario - it keeps crashing at 1470 no matter what. I've played through 2 other quick games with no trouble at all.

Where are scenario saves kept? I found regular single and multi saves but no scenario ones.

Are you on offline mode on steam?

Yep, that's what i thought... i needed to win just like the other DLC.
I had ONline_Mode the whole time for this evening attempt & got Tonga_Ngata Chance & NewZealand. I was possibly OFFline partly for the previous game (snapshot in the earlier post) even if had found Hawaii & Easter Island but i had a very close Lost by a single SP.

This time, i declared War when we both had about 6 SPs to do each, sunk a bunch of his Tahiti Frigates (110Pts each on average) while taking potshots at Barbs caravels or warriors & "Hiawata" protected CS.

I really liked the feeling of a tight race for our last SPs since we both had a big unknown *1* shown for about 10 turns.
Superb gameplay concept; congrats to Ed Beach for such ingenious work!
;)
Now, onto the rest of these achievements and then, it's right back to Eras_Center & LeoPaRd modding.

I'm having trouble with one of my games in this scenario - it keeps crashing at 1470 no matter what. I've played through 2 other quick games with no trouble at all.

Where are scenario saves kept? I found regular single and multi saves but no scenario ones.

Regular saves are here:
\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\single
Mod or scenario saves are here:
\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModdedSaves\single

Regular saves are here:
\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\single
Mod or scenario saves are here:
\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModdedSaves\single

great thanks man, found it.

here's the troublesome file. Game always crashes when I end my turn at 1470 (should be saved right there)

edit: woah nvm upload keeps failing... standby

The second game had no crash. I just finished on turn 202. I was defeated by one social policy. I don't know who you are mister but you seem to be in a bad mood. And I am not the only poster about a crash there were two others I know about. See ya later and calm down a bit it's all good.

That's not my intention at all, I'm trying to be helpful. :)
Sorry if you misunderstood, I'm not the best with words.

Most people don't think they can help to fix issues like this, but they can by sending in a save.

Heres a couple of reasons why The Polynesians are an important civilization and important part of History.....

1... They possessed such a sophisticated knowledge of navagation, that westerners only surpassed it within the past 100 years.

2... They discovered the Americas before European, yes far before the Vikings or even the Irish in the 4th Century B.C

3. The Maoris Invented trench Warefare, which the English learnt and used in WWI and WWII.

4. There is evidence that the Polynesians were in contact with South East Asia and South America. Back in 1000AD. Also questionably contact with Egypt too.

I don't quite get this debate whether polynesians are a great civ or not... I mean isn't our real historical timeline technically just "one single game" in the civ sense? In that particular game the maya, the inca, etc, and yes, the polynesians, got defeated while China is still here. But the real point is that "in another game run" it might have gone differently.

And that's the key point: this is a game of what-ifs.

I think that the deciding factor whether a civ qualifies as a full player civilization is its uniqueness in abilities and culture and the potential to use those to have a decent chance of "making it".

Actually, I have a much bigger problem of accepting the "later era" civs as qualified players because they don't really fit into the supposed start-up scenario of the game, but realizing the "western worldish" market segment (of which I'm part) the decision to add them to the game is quite understandable. :)

Polynesians definitely are unique. I think their abilities will need a bit of a buff though. For one thing, the embarked units still can't defend themselves, so the +1 LOS matters very little against caravels and higher ships that can just swoop in and kill the units.

For another, Maui are only good for coastal areas, and vastly inferior to the Great Artist +6 culture, even when they get gold upon research of Flight.

Also, why are Maori warriors given the same strength as regular warriors? They were fierce in combat as well as in their dancing, you know, Firaxis. *nudge nudge*

Also, why are Maori warriors given the same strength as regular warriors? They were fierce in combat as well as in their dancing, you know, Firaxis. *nudge nudge*

Agreed. I'd much rather move them to Swordsman replacement, double their current strength (To 12) and no Iron required.

I should pay to have Polynesia in the game? Ah ah ah!

And the point of your post was? I paid 30€ to get warlords and 25€ for BTS, so part of my money went into new civs. So, I, and you too if you bought those, paid to have civs X in the game. Ah ah ah!

Agreed. I'd much rather move them to Swordsman replacement, double their current strength (To 12) and no Iron required.

I like the unique ability of the -10% for enemies. But I agree with the swordsman replacement and no Iron.

That's not my intention at all, I'm trying to be helpful. :)
Sorry if you misunderstood, I'm not the best with words.

Most people don't think they can help to fix issues like this, but they can by sending in a save.

I apologize for mis-interpreting your intentions. You seemed to be condescending. I realize the game is going to have issues but just because it crashes on my laptop does not mean the scenario is corrupt, if it was everyone would be complaining. Somehow when I was playing the first game the save file got corrupted. Someone in another thread went through the same thing and like me his second game played wonderfully. Since the 2nd game played all the way through I am not concerned. However, if I see it happen regularly then I will have you look into it. I thank you for your help magnus and I will get back to you if the problem occurs again.

Top Bottom