1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Expansion Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rup

Rup Chieftain

They did it for RandF too?

2. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

ITSHAPPENING.gif

KnightModern, Zaarin, Guandao and 4 others like this.
  3. Bitterman

Bitterman Chieftain

I just wish they released it before end of the year.

I can only play when I'm on vacation :cringe:

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I don't believe they did. It could be a new thing they are trying, doing livestreams and First Looks on a dedicated "safe for Ed to open the civilopedia" build.

5. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Chieftain

Wouldn't surprise me, makes a lot of sense to have a dedicated build that would be both devoid of leaks and have tools in place to make exact situations happen to show off new features and then not worry about adding/removing those from the main dev branch.

nzcamel, Zaarin, Guandao and 2 others like this.
  6. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

A marketing-specific build actually makes a ton of sense. One that is stable, uses ONLY city-states they want revealed (didn't we accidentally confirm something last time because of a changed city state or two?), make sure that unrevealed civs aren't even included in the build so the pedia doesn't include them, etc.

Heck, they could even hide new resources, buildings, map features, whatever they wanted to lock out week to week.

Pretty smart, actually.

nzcamel, Kjimmet, Zaarin and 4 others like this.
  7. Weraptor

Weraptor Chieftain

Glad something is clearly happening behind the scenes. Disappointed that our upcoming theorizing will be limited by the specific dev build.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  8. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

It implies a level of professionalism that gives me a glimmer of hope that perhaps the development of this expansion is being handled in a different manner than we've seen so far with Civ 6. Maybe it's only marketing getting their act together, but I sure hope it applies to the management of the development process, too. (Art team's good to go - no changes needed there.)

Jkchart and acluewithout like this.
  9. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Can Eleanor count as English ruler?
    She actually wasn't, not even in the same sense as Medichi was French ruler,

But I'd probably like to see Aquitaine civilization. At least, it would be something rather original.

10. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

I already replied to that specific topic in a different thread, so i'll just C+P this

Splitting France up in its petty kingdoms (Aquitaine, Burgundy, Normandy, Brittany, etc) would not be the way to go imo. "France" as a Civilization encompasses all of those and more.

TahamiTsunami and Guandao like this.
  11. Bob the Bruce

Bob the Bruce Chieftain

I'm fairly certain that the oil platform in the leaked photo is the same asset as the standard offshore oil rig that we already have in game as can be seen here: http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_terrain

12. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

As far as I know, Aquitaine/Provance was very different from the rest of France, having it's own unique culture, religion and language.
    After all, America in this game doesn't encompass Cree, Mapuche ant the rest. right?

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  13. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

I'm not sure whether you can compare them though. Occitan culture is distinct from Francien culture, but in there is some overlap due to geographical approximation and being part of the same empire since the end of the Hundred Years' War. I don't think you can draw a parallel to the differences between Cree and Mapuche, one culture originating from the North of Canada, the other from the South of Chile.

Besides Europe is crowded enough as is. No need for more and even so, there are plenty of other options for debut European Civs, many of which are more urgent/deserving than Aquitaine (Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria, Ireland, Gaul,...)

14. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

You have to expect that Vesuvius will be a Natural Wonder in the Expansion otherwise it would be weird.

15. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Well I mean you can chop up any area into smaller "culturally unique" civs. what one "civ" is is very nebulous. Should there be a Texas "Lone Star Republic?"

But I'd say enough of the W Europe civs for a while. I bet portugal will get in eventually though.

TahamiTsunami and Guandao like this.
  16. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Less overlap than in case of Rome and Italy. :)

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

maybe its a natural wonder that provides artifacts

Bosque and Kimiimaro like this.
  18. Temppu

Temppu Chieftain

Just throwing a wishful far-fetched speculation: What if (one reason) Vesuvius is a code name for the Expansion due to it reshaping the complete landscape of Civ VI, much like a volcanic eruption does? Hoping for more integrated progress in this expansion than the superficial tweaks RnF provided.

19. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Aethelflaed is already a Great General in Civ VI which maybe makes her less likely.

20. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter Chieftain

Or perhaps a bunch of "hot air" provided by an anonymous joker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.