1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Expansion Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Genghis Khan was also a Great General before R&F.

2. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

Yeah, in some ways it might make her more likely, since the devs are obviously already more aware of her than I would guess your average person is (personally I had never heard of her until Civ).

TahamiTsunami, nzcamel and Leyrann like this.
  3. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

My thoughts exactly. A separate marketing build would be good for Firaxis, but bad for Civfanatics where we revel in dissecting every little detail in every screenshot or piece of clothing we see.

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

This isn't an argument for or against, but I just want to say that this statue of Aethelflead in her capital, Tamworth kicks butt:

5. Chirthorpe

Chirthorpe Chieftain

This is Firaxis we're talking about. They love to do silly things like that, so I really wouldn't put it passed them to do it.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  6. Rup

Rup Chieftain

I am very sure they don't want us to have bad times.We are the biggest Civilization community.They might do some silly stuffs on purpose.
    Imagine Ed again opening the civilopedia and we again able to see some of the upcoming leaders for some reason :p
    That would be a real surprise!

7. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

Rome overlaps with most everybody.

That would be one way to address the Med-centricism of Civ … if your civ's capital falls into Rome's historical territory, you're out. 'Cuz we have to have Rome, and we don't want civs whose historical territory ever overlapped.

re Eleanor of Aquitaine … if you've never watched The Lion in Winter, do yourself a favour and watch it. EDIT: The 1968 version, I mean. I've just been alerted that there's also a 2003 version. That's not the one you want.

TahamiTsunami and SirWill90 like this.
  8. AssemblingTyphoon

AssemblingTyphoon Chieftain

What if Eleanor leads either France or England? It's entirely possible. They'd just have to separate Civ selection from Leader selection somehow.

9. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

I've seen second half of it. Good movie and maybe even historically correct... but so what? It doesn't argue against the fact that Eleanor never ruled neither England nor France.

If being king's wife and king's mother means being a ruler, I solidly insist on Anna Yaroslavna as French leader.

nzcamel and Kimiimaro like this.
  10. SirWill90

SirWill90 Chieftain

I’m a fan of both Eleanor and Aethelflaed, but if one is really being added as a leader of France or England, I just have to say... huh? I mean, sure, as I’ve said before, Eleanor may have a bit more of a claim to leadership of France, at least, than should Catherine, but why ignore some of the greatest and/or most consequential leaders in history, and the possibilites for their special abilities, to add one of them in a role she never played? Seriously, skip over Alfred, Edward I, Henry II, Louis XIV, Napoleon, Elizabeth I, George II, and many more, to have Aethelflaed rule England or Eleanor rule France (or England, heh?) Just seems quite silly when the series has always used factual countries and leaders to depart from that. Seems more like a mod thing than an official DLC or expansion.

Of course maybe it’s all fake news.

TahamiTsunami and nzcamel like this.
  11. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Excellent. I hope you're right.

Good first post. :D

TahamiTsunami and Bob the Bruce like this.
  12. Proclo

Proclo Chieftain

An environmental mechanic would be great! Pollution and diseases are a long time desired mechanics for me.

TahamiTsunami and Cyon like this.
  13. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

I would absolutely prefer an environmental mechanic over a World Congress at this point, because Civ6 diplomacy just utterly sucks and I don't want any more resources invested into it until it's been fully fixed.

14. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I'm against it for this very reason.

Solidifying existing structures>piling on more and more mechanics

TahamiTsunami and Weraptor like this.
  15. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

As I've said before, I would rather a different leader for England or France, but out of the two I would take Aethelflaed over Eleanor. I doubt Aquitaine or Mercia comes as a separate civ.
    That being said I trust the other images to be more real and it looks like we are going to get the Maori or some other Polynesian culture. If it is the Maori I don't see them being as naval focused as Polynesia was and therefore wouldn't be hard to differentiate them from Norway or Indonesia.
    As for the leader it probably would be Hongi Hika and the UU would be the Maori Warrior. For Unique Infrastructure it would make since if they get a Pa, but instead of another unique encampment what if it were a unique improvement built by builders with fortification and housing bonuses.
    In the other thread I commented that the water district looks like a new science district that could be built on the water and it could be a marine research institute. They could use the Seowon approach and it would get less science from other districts but more science next to other improved sea resources.
    I also hope the wind turbines could be built on land as well making it versatile.

TahamiTsunami, nzcamel and Guandao like this.
  16. Haig

Haig Warlord

I am all for world congress feature, I feel the Rise and Fall mechanics could be/will be integrated to it.

Free cities, emergencies.. those things.

I feel its usually the #1 requested thing in expansion wishlists on here and reddit so Firaxis would be nuts not to include it.

R&F had many new features so world congress and disaster mechqnics could both be included.

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

For those that didn't see Bob's post, here is a picture of the "Factory" in the leaked image compared to a SS of an oil derek off off Arioch's excellent website.

1 by sammykhalifa, on Flickr

Of course details are blurry on the "leak" image, but they are exactly the same thing just seen from the other side.

18. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

My current speculation, for the record:

February 14 release date seems genuine, although it could be adjusted before the expansion is officially announced.

Vesuvius is internal code name; the expansion will be released with a different name. But the addition of volcanoes as a terrain feature and/or Vesuvius as a natural wonder are possible.

There will be a Polynesian civ, possibly a specific group of Polynesians.

The blue done some structure is a new wonder (someone linked above), the wind turbines provide production, and the oil rig is a deep ocean variety that comes later than the current oil rig (which will be limited to lakes and coast).

The blond queen is a hoax.

We will get 8 new civs and one alternate leader for a base game Civ, a few new buildings as alternates for existing buildings, a handful of new natural and world wonders, and a few new (all-civ) units.

There will be much weeping and nashing of teeth when either the Ottomans or the Inca are not included.

The AI will not be much improved.

We will get some sort of world congress and a new diplomatic victory condition. Diplomacy will be slightly improved.

England will be adjusted again in light of new mechanics. Whether it's a buff or nerf will be endlessly debated.

19. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

It's not kicking anything without legs. :p

20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Aethelflead doesn't need legs to kick butt, darkace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.