New Expansion Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As did the Apache and Navajo among others,both are of the Athabaskan family of languages as are the First Americans of Alaska.
Fascinatingly, it appears that some time before colonization, the Apache, Navajo, and Dene people were all one uhhhh "empire" (Confederacy?) that was torn apart by some other nation in a war. The antagonists were so powerful that these peoples never managed to merge back together

As well as this, even if it is concept art for the next expansion it still doesn't mean that it is leader concept art

What else would it be? As much as I'd love to see another governor or two, the style doesn't seem to match those in R&F.

Maori is confirmed... Leaves only seven options over for basically other civs. Ottomans and Inca's are basically lock (imagine the "backlash if they weren't). Portugal and an African civ are also lock. African civ possibly Mali or Ethiopia, but possibly a dark horse like Ashanti/Ghana, Benin or in the South of Africa (Kilwa/Swahili/Zimbabwe/Madagascar/...). Asian civ is hard to determine, but possibly Vietnam. Canada could also make an appearance as it's a much requested civ (unfortunately), and than we will have a second European civ, which could be Italy?

Yes, it is likely we won't get Maya's even in this game... We don't even have the Inca's after two years. It's ridicilous. I'm quite angry with how things are going. Haven't played civ in basically nine months... because i can't enjoy it anymore.

Moderator Action: Please do not use the word "confirmed" when it is not. Others will get the wrong idea. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Maori is confirmed... Leaves only seven options over for basically other civs. .

Maybe I missed , but is there any leak or info that we getting only 8 civs this time around ? And also some alt leader will be too , well it has to be.

I am not sure whether the Inca are locks... remember, that part of the world already has the Mapuche... I feel more confident about the Maya than I do the Inca, tbh (The presence of the Aztecs has never stopped Firaxis from adding the Maya before)

Ottomans aren't certain either, because there are other Turkish options: The Seljuks are a viable option for a Transoxian Civ (the only other option for that region that I can think of are the rather gimmicky Timurids or the immensely unlikely Khwarazmian empire) and Turkey under Kemal Atatürk would be a very inspired choice as well

Maybe I missed , but is there any leak or info that we getting only 8 civs this time around ? And also some alt leader will be too , well it has to be.

Most Civ XPacs added no more than eight new Civs in one go, including the last one. I'd love to see more new Civs (12 is a really nice number :) :) :) ), but the safest is to assume Firaxis will stick to the 8 New Civs + 1Alt formula they used in R&F.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure whether the Inca are locks... remember, that part of the world already has the Mapuche... I feel more confident about the Maya than I do the Inca, tbh (The presence of the Aztecs has never stopped Firaxis from adding the Maya before)

Ottomans aren't certain either, because there are other Turkish options: The Seljuks are a viable option for a Transoxian Civ (the only other option for that region that I can think of are the rather gimmicky Timurids or the immensely unlikely Khwarazmian empire) and Turkey under Kemal Atatürk would be a very inspired choice as well

Hmm, i'm really concerned about lack of representation from Central and South-America, especially if we only get one more additional expansion. Turkey under Kemal Ataturk is a possibility; it would really show that civ has shifted it's focus in adding mostly modern civs. Leaving Carthage, Ottomans Babylon, Assyria, Palmyra, Byzantium, Celts out, and adding Brazil, Australia, Scotland, maybe Turkey and Canada

Do you think there is a possibility they'll add Muisca instead of Inca's? (since Mapuche aren't a mountain civ, or has Georgia occupied that position...)

How would they get around the Rome (city that is not the civilization) issue? Rome is the capital of the unified Italy and as the seat of the Papacy played a crucial role in Italian pre-unification history. I guess they could bypass this issue by having Turin or Florence as the Italian capital. But it would still be pretty awkward to have Italy without Rome.

Eh... just call the capital Roma? They've had the same city under different names be multiple Civs' capital at the same time before (Istanbul/Constantinople).

What if the new expansion comes out with about 8-10 new civs. Couple of missing features/mechanics from past games and some new. Couple of units for all leaders, new wonders, a district etc etc. Everything you might expect from an expansion like R&F.

How many of you would still be dissapointed if the AI has not been improved?

The Inca border on Mapuche territory but don't really overlap, and their capital would be a good bit north. Moreso, the conspicuous absence of Macchu Picchu as wonder in the game - or any 'gets additional bonuses from mountains' civ - would leave me inclined to say they are coming.

Same with the Ottomans as the 'bazaar' is the most likely candidate for unique commercial district and they would be a good contender for it - though frankly there are a definitely a number of other civs they could add in with a bazaar.

I do hope Emergencies get addressed, they don't have much of an impact IMO. The AI rarely declares war on the Civ who triggered the emergency.

I want there to be more situations where I could instigate an emergency, and for the AI to likely come after me. Though I like to play peaceful almost all the time, but still, am I COMPLETELY unable to instigate an emergency because i'm peaceful? It feels unfair Emergencies are only for Warmongers.

What if the new expansion comes out with about 8-10 new civs. Couple of missing features/mechanics from past games and some new. Couple of units for all leaders, new wonders, a district etc etc. Everything you might expect from an expansion like R&F.

How many of you would still be dissapointed if the AI has not been improved?

Very. I want Immortal and Deity to be more than "survive until mid-game and then highly likely win" or where taking over other Civ's is easy. Plus with Civ VI on so many platforms i'm slightly doubtful as to whether the DLL source will be released. I hope i'm wrong.

How would they get around the Rome (city that is not the civilization) issue? Rome is the capital of the unified Italy and as the seat of the Papacy played a crucial role in Italian pre-unification history. I guess they could bypass this issue by having Turin or Florence as the Italian capital. But it would still be pretty awkward to have Italy without Rome.
Call their capital Roma?

Timurids, now you're talking.

If it's based off of Renaissance Italy there are plenty of capital options that aren't Rome based on who the leader would be: Florence, Milan, Venice etc. which would be the route I believe they would go.

Turin would be their Capital. Or Genoa :p

Genghis Khan was also a Great General before R&F.
Good point! But Aethelflaed's agenda is already in the game (likes wall builders).

Capitals in CIV6 are based on the leader, thats why Germany's capital is not Berlin but Aachen (because of Frederick) and Russia's is Saint Petersburg in stead of Moscow (Because of Peter). But Berlin and Moscow are the number 2 city on their lists anyway.
The same would be done with an Italian civ. Say the Italian leader is Lorenzo de Medici, than it's capital would be Florence and if no Roman civ was in the game the second city they found (or close after that) would be Rome. Other possibilities are Francesco Sforza (Milan) or Alfonso I (Napels) but there are many more possibilities.

Capitals in CIV6 are based on the leader, thats why Germany's capital is not Berlin but Aachen (because of Frederick) and Russia's is Saint Petersburg in stead of Moscow (Because of Peter). But Berlin and Moscow are the number 2 city on their lists anyway.
The same would be done with an Italian civ. Say the Italian leader is Lorenzo de Medici, than it's capital would be Florence and if no Roman civ was in the game the second city they found (or close after that) would be Rome. Other possibilities are Francesco Sforza (Milan) or Alfonso I (Napels) but there are many more possibilities.

I think I can remember before Civ VI launched people from Firaxis saying that after the capital that cities named are random, unlike in IV and V. I heard it was to keep people guessing where your opponents capital is even if you discover their other cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom