New Expansion Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys hear some singing?

So... climate change? Natural disasters?

This could be good, right?

First, climate change / natural disasters might be integrated with diplomacy, World Congress and overhauled emergencies. That would be cool.

Second, climate change in particular might be part of a general overhaul of late game production. As in, yeah, your IZs are buffed, but now you’re destroying the planet.

I’m fairly ambivalent about Natural Disasters. But I could see how something along those lines could connect with stuff I do care about - better late game production and better diplomacy.

I’m really hoping that in the same way BNW really expanded on G+K that Schrodinger’s Vesuvius Aqua Expansion: Time for Tide Pods really really expands on RnF rather than just introducing more “stuff”.

(Also. Fix England.)

Cross fingers.

Another random thought.

Perhaps we’re getting Natural Disasters because people asked for that and FXS listened to the fans. ... so, maybe with everyone asking that FXS tie systems together more, that might listen and do that too...?

Put another way. I could see FXS maybe using Natural Disasters / Climate Change etc. to do exactly what everyone (well, a lot of people) has (have) asked for. i.e. more integrated and joined up mechanics.

No idea though what this means for Ideologies, governments and governors generally, and other gameplay balance issues. Guess we’ll find out soon...?

On that note. I found an interview on Civ V where they talked about a third expansion for Civ V. Basically, they said no because of concerns about bloat. I’ll post it if I can find it. But I’m thinking a third expansion is (sadly) very unlikely. So, what we get in the next expansion really could be “it”, although I guess maybe there’s still the possibility of some smaller focused and or thematic expansions, maybe returning some favourite Civs and leaders...?

(...or maybe the community needs to really push more one more expansion and or dlc... you know, after we actually see what the next expansion looks like...)

Civ 6: Angry Man Yells at Cloud

Another random thought.

Perhaps we’re getting Natural Disasters because people asked for that and FXS listened to the fans. ... so, maybe with everyone asking that FXS tie systems together more, that might listen and do that too...?

Put another way. I could see FXS maybe using Natural Disasters / Climate Change etc. to do exactly what everyone (well, a lot of people) has (have) asked for. i.e. more integrated and joined up mechanics.
By the looks of that video I would say climate change is a given

Last edited:
Perhaps this means:

Overthere Civ confirmed!

Units can bounce on soft fluffy bouncy clouds! Oh, and one of the clouds is named Cyrrus, who is named after our favourite scheming backstabber extraordinaire.

Note that it's not the first time the Civ series had clouds units can walk on as if they were levitating marshmallows in the sky:

Civ II's Test of Time had them

Even as recently as Civ V had units walking on clouds!

Finally, the Overthere civ will be exclusive to the Switch version.

Guys listen to this what if WHAT IF every civ would receive their LEADER that they chose spawn in game during the time they were ruling (ie. when they were in charge of their country) as a unique unit that would give a bonus to your (Example: fleet, city, air unit, ground unit etc...) wouldn't that be kind of AWESOME?!

You know...

The (alleged) Hungarian Translator guy said the game would be called Time and Tide...

Bang goes the Dynamite...
Time and Tide
T and T
TNT...

For better or worse, the leaks may have been right on the money...

You know...

The (alleged) Hungarian Translator guy said the game would be called Time and Tide...

Bang goes the Dynamite...
Time and Tide
T and T
TNT...

For better or worse, the leaks may have been right on the money...

That's pretty compelling to me. Preemptive whining: I strongly dislike some of the civ and leader choices.

That's pretty compelling to me. Preemptive whining: I strongly dislike some of the civ and leader choices.

Assuming leaks are real, I’m really really really hoping the leader selection and focus on environment means we might actually get another expansion and or dlc giving us more mainstay Civs and developing other areas like colonialism, ideology diplomacy government, and industry and future tech.

Once the new expansion is announced, and depending on what it contains, I really think we should try campaigning for more dlc.

Next expansion notwithstanding, there are going to be mechanics that still need to be fleshed out, required game balancing, Civs and mechanics that need a bit of a rework given all the new mechanics, and iconic leaders that should be included. And all this would need to be done with an eye to not bloating the game. I think there would be appetite for more content for this game, and provided FXS handled it carefully, I don’t think it would lead to a cluttered game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom