1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Expansion Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Just confirming that "Gathering Storm" is indeed the title of one of the Wheel of Time novels...

I doubt that title is copy righted?

2. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Welp, I guess they couldn't do the wheel again, since that was already the R&F teaser. :D

Greywulf likes this.
  3. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

It was also the title of the 1st volume of Winston Churchill's history of WW II.

MrRadar and Greywulf like this.
  4. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

Well, it fits the stream picture :)

'The Gathering Storm' is also the name of the first volume of W. Churchill's WWII book series. So it may be a hint to further fleshing out of the late game, diplomacy, air/sea combat etc.

Edit: ninja'd

Greywulf likes this.
  5. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Not a fan of Winston Churchill (and no, I'm not Irish), but interesting.

6. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

I am and I'm not. He had his moments but a lot of his record was pretty awful.

7. Myomoto

Myomoto Chieftain

He has a ton of quotes in Civ VI. Like at least 4? Somebody at Firaxis is definitely a fan.

8. Hawke9

Hawke9 Chieftain

Funny how the theme of Rise and fall was a wheel of time, like in the teaser image.

9. anandus

anandus Errorist

If it's significant is up for debate, but here in Europe we're definitely noticing the effects.
    Both direct and locally (dryer and hotter summers, wetter winters, etc) and indirect (a surge in the influx of refugees because of effects which are indirectly cause by climate change, like war in Syria, and droughts in Sudan or Kenya).
    Or think about the (government forced) changes in consumerism: Less plastic, decreased use of fossil fuels, etc.

It's not 'city being swallowed by the ocean '-effects, but it's there.
    Like I said, the significance is debatable.

CPWimmer and Haig like this.
  10. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I don't want to get into a discussion of this in this thread but climate change is definitely happening now and my understanding is that it will have an impact on most, if not all of the people reading this thread during their lifetimes.

Having an expansion focusing on climate change would be a bold move considering it's a bit controversial in some circles still, but I think it could be great if done well.

CPWimmer and Haig like this.
  11. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

The bad kinda outweighs the good for me, though I think the fact that a certain dictator was in power at the same time made everybody else look like angels, no matter what they got up to.

Thankfully at least he didn't make it as leader for England this time.

12. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Hm... more tornados. Where the sirens there before?

Still no cows or houses in the air.

The big tornado in the front doesn't seem to harm the city, despite being in there for 2 hours now.

KnightModern and blackcatatonic like this.
  13. Neia

Neia Chieftain

There has been climate changes in the past too (Little Ice Age), so it's not just something for the end game, they could introduce some events happening mid-game too.

14. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Well at least this pretty much confirms that we'll be getting natural disasters. I for one am very happy about that. :cool:

blackcatatonic and Elhoim like this.
  15. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Been streaming for 18 hours, so I suspect they plan to reveal at hour 24, giving us 6 more hours wait time. Here's the stream link again...

Hawke9 and blackcatatonic like this.
  16. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Chieftain

It is 4 am in LA now. I think we must wait at least 4 more hours. they will not announce an expansion in the middle of the night.

17. Proclo

Proclo Chieftain

4 tornadoes and those sirens... doesn't look pretty for that city...

I am with @Greywulf, and I think we'll have to wait at least until the 24h are completed

18. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

24 hours from stream start (just under 6 hours from now) seems the most reasonable guess to me.

Greywulf and Siptah like this.
  19. Rup

Rup Chieftain

As no has posted it yet..it is coming in February 14 according to the official site.

Hawke9 likes this.
  20. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

The answer is too many and too few. There are too many military emergencies and too few interesting ones.

I feel the opposite, personally. I feel like Civ6 homogenized the Civs to a degree, whereas V offered more ways to play towards a given victory condition. Take Cultural Victories as an example, playing as France with an emphasis towards wonders and great works of writing and art was distinctly different than chaining Golden Ages and launching great musician tours with Brazil, which in turn was different than religious tourism via Holy Sites and early game wonder spamming with Egypt.

I don't know that I'd call it bias. How can you omit the country that gave us Hollywood, the first moon landing, and the atomic bomb from a game whose victory conditions include cultural, scientific, and military achievements?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.