New Expansion Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just confirming that "Gathering Storm" is indeed the title of one of the Wheel of Time novels...

I doubt that title is copy righted?

Just confirming that "Gathering Storm" is indeed the title of one of the Wheel of Time novels...

I doubt that title is copy righted?

It was also the title of the 1st volume of Winston Churchill's history of WW II.

Gathering Storm.
Well, it fits the stream picture :)

'The Gathering Storm' is also the name of the first volume of W. Churchill's WWII book series. So it may be a hint to further fleshing out of the late game, diplomacy, air/sea combat etc.

Edit: ninja'd

It was also the title of the 1st volume of Winston Churchill's history of WW II.
Not a fan of Winston Churchill (and no, I'm not Irish), but interesting.

I would't really like if they focus on climate change a lot ... its not something which effect current life on Earth in any significat way, but it effect future 50-100 years from now - for me its like having those huge robots , it doesnt really have place in game right now.
If it's significant is up for debate, but here in Europe we're definitely noticing the effects.
Both direct and locally (dryer and hotter summers, wetter winters, etc) and indirect (a surge in the influx of refugees because of effects which are indirectly cause by climate change, like war in Syria, and droughts in Sudan or Kenya).
Or think about the (government forced) changes in consumerism: Less plastic, decreased use of fossil fuels, etc.

It's not 'city being swallowed by the ocean '-effects, but it's there.
Like I said, the significance is debatable.

I don't want to get into a discussion of this in this thread but climate change is definitely happening now and my understanding is that it will have an impact on most, if not all of the people reading this thread during their lifetimes.

Having an expansion focusing on climate change would be a bold move considering it's a bit controversial in some circles still, but I think it could be great if done well.

I am and I'm not. He had his moments but a lot of his record was pretty awful.
The bad kinda outweighs the good for me, though I think the fact that a certain dictator was in power at the same time made everybody else look like angels, no matter what they got up to.

He has a ton of quotes in Civ VI. Like at least 4? Somebody at Firaxis is definitely a fan.
Thankfully at least he didn't make it as leader for England this time.

There has been climate changes in the past too (Little Ice Age), so it's not just something for the end game, they could introduce some events happening mid-game too.

Hm... more tornados. Where the sirens there before?

Still no cows or houses in the air.

The big tornado in the front doesn't seem to harm the city, despite being in there for 2 hours now.
Well at least this pretty much confirms that we'll be getting natural disasters. I for one am very happy about that. :cool:

Been streaming for 18 hours, so I suspect they plan to reveal at hour 24, giving us 6 more hours wait time. Here's the stream link again...

24 hours from stream start (just under 6 hours from now) seems the most reasonable guess to me.

Currently, how many Emergencies exist?

The answer is too many and too few. There are too many military emergencies and too few interesting ones.

Really? I feel like that's one thing that Civ6 has done much better than previous incarnations is making civs feel distinct. Unless you play as Venice (which I never did), Civ5's civs feel pretty much identical.

I feel the opposite, personally. I feel like Civ6 homogenized the Civs to a degree, whereas V offered more ways to play towards a given victory condition. Take Cultural Victories as an example, playing as France with an emphasis towards wonders and great works of writing and art was distinctly different than chaining Golden Ages and launching great musician tours with Brazil, which in turn was different than religious tourism via Holy Sites and early game wonder spamming with Egypt.

I’d rather have a Native American country instead of America, but developer bias, right?

I don't know that I'd call it bias. How can you omit the country that gave us Hollywood, the first moon landing, and the atomic bomb from a game whose victory conditions include cultural, scientific, and military achievements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom